Big's (By Himself) and Jenny's (With TMC) Tour Of Las Palmas

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:56 am
PAWNO wrote:Yeah it's a big ole motherf'n bridge

But most of importantly how was Mother Natures Body Odour (FOG)

Did you get some good views mate, or was it a blown out type day (the 49ers vs LIONS game looked like clear skies in the air of San Francisco

Yeah the views were cool, lots of cool pics...........little foggy and couldnt see that far across the bay but not bad at all that it felt like it wasnt worth it.

Just the fact we messed up on our assumption that we wouldnt have to walk half way through Sausalito to get the ferry back.............aching like an 80 year old sum bitch today. :wink:

Franchise Player
» Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:17 pm
Hope you guys dont mind...........but Ill keep updating this thread with whats been happening/going on.............its therapeutic. :wink:

So yesterday, we decided to hire a car and drive over the GG bridge to Muir woods...........booked the car and price the day before but when we got there we were offered a better deal ($20 less) for a different/special car...........which Jenny jumped at the chance at!!!

This thing =

That exact colour aswell............bear in mind that I dont drive so it was really her decision. :cry:

Anyway, funny as hell to get in one of those things and imagine getting knocked off the bridge by the flick of a SUV's bumper, I had to have my seat right back!!! literally sitting with my back up against the back window.............but it was actually really cool! lol.

Went across the bridge, managed to navigate up to Muir Woods with no GPS and then descend down the cliff edge lined mountain roads to explore the woods (little bit of poo came out at various points). Really beautiful and glad we did it.

Then we drove back and down to Sausalito to have lunch in the Old Downtown bit...........very scenic and quaint, really nice.

Then after getting a little confused and getting on and off the freeway about 8 times (and a little shouting match) we managed to get through the bridge traffic and on our way back to City to go over to Pat's house to watch the Faker game. With Rob and his family arriving a little later.

Man, Jen was a real trooper!!! very proud of her, cuz she had never driven an automatic before, never driven in the US before and never driven in such a small car............so with all this, driving round and UP the City, and by UP I mean up the crazy hills, flooring this car and hoping we werent going to run out of power and then roll back down the hill! (big bits of poo came out at various points)

We made it though of course, had a great night round Pat's (shame about the end of the game) and overall had a real nice day.

Off to Bada's tomorrow for New Years and then we have some plans we are about to lay down and book............so Ill update who ever is still reading and hopefully enjoying this once we have em set. :wink:

Hall of Famer
» Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:43 pm
Come on, Bigs. We're all reading and following your thread/blog, buddy. Just check the number of views it has.

Keep us updated, bro. Can't wait to read more about your trip.

All Star
» Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:56 pm
Good to see you and jenny again james. Was very nice to meet pat and his family also. I forgot to drop a "werd" on pat while I was there. Lol . It was a good time, dinner was excellent, but our boys choked down the stretch and started over passing and all that.

Franchise Player
» Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:47 pm
Lol Bigs. Thanks for the poo updates ;) . . . . . . . . . . Got me thinking does anyone have a little looky before they flush? Some of my friends think the notion of having a look is disgusting but i can get very proud of the ones i drop off <especially the ones that come out like soft serve ice cream> . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sorry Bigs for hijacking the thread to talk about turds. But there's some things that shouldn't be mentioned in my presence :p

All Star
» Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:14 pm
haven't posted in here (til now) but yup, cool thread Bigs

Franchise Player
» Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:20 pm
Right my friends.............we are off again!

Thought Id wait until we managed to book and confirm everything and now we have, so I shall lay it all for ya.

So, with Jenny's mum and step Dad saying they wanted to come over and meet us at some point, preferably in Vegas (they messed us around abit with the dates and being a little flaky about it........but theyve made up for it. :wink:) we have now figured out how we are going to work that.

Which is that we are going off to the other places we wanted to go to, use up most of our remaining money for America on that.............and because Jen's parents want to/are going to pay for Vegas!!! we can do it!

So tomorrow we leave for New Orleans, 3 days there, then to Washington DC for 2 days, up to Boston for 5 days, 3 days in New York and then all the back to San Diego for 4 days (Jen's happy, she gets her Seaworld! :mrgreen:) then finally back up to the Bay/City for 6 days before we meet Jen's parents for 2 days in the City...........then off to Vegas for 4 days, back to the City for a few days and then home to England!

LOL.............smash and grab huh? but atleast we get to do/go to all the places we wanted to go to on this trip...........weve had a great long while here at home and I could have asked for more to be honest.

So, we will be back to the City on 20th January, we will have 6 days then to do some stuff, hopefully catch a game at that point too, so if anybody wants to meet up still or get anything organised, thats gonna be when to do it.

Only problem is that we arent taking the laptop with us, so we will be only be able to use hotel internet and whatever is available...........so might not be able to check in as much.

So wish us luck! and we will see some of you again before we leave! :wink:

» Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:45 pm
bigstrads wrote:Right my friends.............we are off again!

Thought Id wait until we managed to book and confirm everything and now we have, so I shall lay it all for ya.

So, with Jenny's mum and step Dad saying they wanted to come over and meet us at some point, preferably in Vegas (they messed us around abit with the dates and being a little flaky about it........but theyve made up for it. :wink:) we have now figured out how we are going to work that.

Which is that we are going off to the other places we wanted to go to, use up most of our remaining money for America on that.............and because Jen's parents want to/are going to pay for Vegas!!! we can do it!

So tomorrow we leave for New Orleans, 3 days there, then to Washington DC for 2 days, up to Boston for 5 days, 3 days in New York and then all the back to San Diego for 4 days (Jen's happy, she gets her Seaworld! :mrgreen:) then finally back up to the Bay/City for 6 days before we meet Jen's parents for 2 days in the City...........then off to Vegas for 4 days, back to the City for a few days and then home to England!

LOL.............smash and grab huh? but atleast we get to do/go to all the places we wanted to go to on this trip...........weve had a great long while here at home and I could have asked for more to be honest.

So, we will be back to the City on 20th January, we will have 6 days then to do some stuff, hopefully catch a game at that point too, so if anybody wants to meet up still or get anything organised, thats gonna be when to do it.

Only problem is that we arent taking the laptop with us, so we will be only be able to use hotel internet and whatever is available...........so might not be able to check in as much.

holy shiit, not even teachers have this much vacation time... damn, my two weeks are up monday. I wish you well man. You are doing a trip most Americans would dream of doing. Enjoy!

Franchise Player
» Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:holy shiit, not even teachers have this much vacation time... damn, my two weeks are up monday. I wish you well man. You are doing a trip most Americans would dream of doing. Enjoy!

Once again Crackerz..............this is not "vacation time"..............I wish it was, cuz atleast that would mean we were still being paid whilst spending nearly $25,000 to do all this. :wink:

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 am

I almost got lost with so many dates, but it's a great trip, Bigs. And you get to see everything you wanted!!! Hope you have fun and enjoy it! (I'm sure you will, btw).

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:40 am
TMC wrote:

I almost got lost with so many dates, but it's a great trip, Bigs. And you get to see everything you wanted!!! Hope you have fun and enjoy it! (I'm sure you will, btw).

Absolutely. If I ever go to the U.S., I want to see many places over there, such as NY, LA, Miami, Chicago, Minnesota, Dallas, Seattle and Oakland. Really have to make it worthwhile as it might be the last time you go or the last time in a while

All Star
» Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:15 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Absolutely. If I ever go to the U.S., I want to see many places over there, such as NY, LA, Miami, Chicago, Minnesota, Dallas, Seattle and Oakland. Really have to make it worthwhile as it might be the last time you go or the last time in a while

for sure. When i went, we did, LA, Oakland, San Fran, NY, Miami, Orlando and Key West. Cool to see both the East and West

» Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:47 am
bigstrads wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:holy shiit, not even teachers have this much vacation time... damn, my two weeks are up monday. I wish you well man. You are doing a trip most Americans would dream of doing. Enjoy!

Once again Crackerz..............this is not "vacation time"..............I wish it was, cuz atleast that would mean we were still being paid whilst spending nearly $25,000 to do all this. :wink:

Oh i know, you had told me before your trip... but this is a vacation, and a long one, and for Americans who cannot save their money, its a dream for how long you are away.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:14 am

Wow, great itinerary Bigs! Best wishes, and I hope you guys thoroughly enjoy yourselves! Also, please check your PM.

Franchise Player
» Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 pm
Ahh hah!!! Im back!!! :wink:

Hello my friends, back from the death that is life without the old tinterweb..........sitting here at a computer on our first night in Boston.

Man, so, whats been going on I hear you all ask..........let me summise for you. :wink:

1 - New Orleans:

Well, after a mamouth, and plain ridiculous if you ask me, 12 hour journey from the Bay to Nawlins (including our stop over in Houston, with a nice 4 hour delay) we arrive in the French Quarter finally!

The first thing that struck me, was the fact that each hotel we stopped at to drop people from the shuttle.........and eventually ours aswell.........had an ARMED guard outside it!!!

Slightly off putting as you would imagine, and also when we asked the front desk guy where the acceptable places to smoke were, he said..........."Yeah, dont go out-front, cuz you will be bothered by all the tranny hookers"

Ok then............:shock:

Waking up next morning to get our tourist thing on, we take a nice stroll around the Quarter and find that it isnt that bad at all in terms of safety and what not.........except for Bourbon street, which is a total sh*t hole by the way, just neon, booze soaked, sleaze hell for me to be honest.

We go on a really cool and personable City tour, which takes us all over the city, including the worst areas that were struck by Katrina.

Man, what an eye opener that was, and to still see complete areas (Its called The 9th Ward, where the levy broke and they had 13 feet of water) still un-inhabited and derelict houses looking exactly as they did when it happend.........man, that was rough on the emotions. But overall, a very interesting and informative little tour.

Next day, we had planned a Swamp tour but it was just too damned cold for the old crocs to come out and see us..........so they cancelled it.........which was disappointing of course but we kept ourselves busy walking around and exploring the Quarter some more and just chilling and talking to some very cool people.

Ohh god, sounds very sad this but a thing we loved!!! was the fact that you can still smoke in bars there!!! :mrgreen: as long as the food to alcohol ratio is not higher, you can smoke in any bar.............which was nice. :wink:

2 - Washington

After a much better flight via Orlando to D.C we still arrived quite late though cuz the shuttle had lots of people who lived in residential areas and so we it took 2 hours to do a 30 minute journey from the airport to our hotel.

Arriving at the Washington Plaza (Oooooo, fancy huh! :mrgreen:) we were absolutely starving, mainly due to the fact that it was about 11:30pm and all we'd had to eat all day was a croissant each.

So we decide to eat in the hotels very well appointed restaurant...........for simplicity and hungers sake, I have ribs. Now, I had one big rack of ribs (Dont worry, there is a point to this in-depth description of my dinner :wink) and a little extra 2 rib rack.

I eat the first rack, fine, nice..........I then cut into and eat a piece off the smaller rack and..........hmmm, whats that strange taste??? I eat it with some lettuce and some coleslaw in mouth at the same time, so maybe an odd flavour combination?

Well, the taste itself tasted exactly like MOLD.........not that Ive tasked mold but you know what some things taste like from the smell right?

So I decide to pick up the ribs and have a look and.............ohhh, there you go, 4 big spots of SPORE WIELDING MOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen nearly throws up here dinner, Im sitting there asking for the manager whilst imagine these lovely little creatures crawling around in my belly!!! The manager comes over and freaks the f*ck out, runs back to kitchen and we can hear her screaming at the "chefs"...........comes back out and seriously apolgises, comping us for the entire meal and offering to give us whatever else we wanted.

Handled well we though but not much in the mood for food after that..........we go back up to the room and I am violently sick!

Beautiful, so that was out first few hours in good ole Washington D.C!!! lol.

Next day, Im feeling ok so we do everything, White House, Lincoln Memorial, the War Memorials, The Washington Monument, The Smithsonians and have a quick peak at congress............ALL ON FOOT!!!

Collapsing back to our hotel (sorry if you guys are bored by now, this is just cathartic for me you know?) we slowly walk to a nice looking restaurant down the street from our hotel..........where they proceed to present near cold crab cakes to Jenny for her dinner!!!???

WTF??? are these people trying to tell us something? :mrgreen:

So today, we go the f*ck out of there and caught out flight to Boston and here we are.
So there you have it, a long as post from me cuz I havnt had internet to update you guys with all these marvelous tales and typical catastrophes that me and Jen find ourselves in!

Speak to you guys soon!.............if we are still alive! :mrgreen: