4 Oakland Police Officers and Suspect Shot

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:01 pm
A terrible story is evolving from a traffic stop in Oakland today. 4 officers have been shot in two separate but related shootings.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/21/cal ... index.html

There are reports that all 4 officers have now since died but that is unconfirmed.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:29 pm
well, it is official. The 4 officers are dead. very tragic day. my heart goes out to their families.

http://www.kcbs.com/Four-Oakland-Police ... ed/4060899

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:09 pm
unbelievably sad... these guys put there jobs on the line in one of the toughest cities in America. What ever made this guy do this, wasn't worth his life or 4 officers. just completely nuts.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:22 am
wow just wow....bart police shoot dude in cold blood now 4 cops get killed.
it is going to get very tense in the big O for some time to come.

we all hear an inner voice that screams out for justice.
when will the source of that voice be found.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:14 am
Horrible news. I feel so bad for their families.

What you had with this guy, was a young guy on parole. He was wanted on a bail less warrant, which means it was for something very serious. He knew he was going away for a long time. so he had nothing to lose.
Now he is dead, and four police officers... makes no sense..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:39 am
speakonitgod,

I have deleted your post in this thread.

I am sure you can figure out why. If not, please feel free to PM me.

I chose to delete your port, but please know that if you choose to continue that type of post, it will be your user id that gets deleted next time.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:28 pm
This was incredibly sad... Nobody deserves to die just for doing their job.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:08 pm
bada wrote:but please know that if you choose to continue that type of post, it will be your user id that gets deleted next time.

so what, im happy those pigs got a taste of their own medicine....dont get all bent out of shape... everyone knows youre an upstanding citizen with good morals.... no need 2 flex
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:46 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
bada wrote:but please know that if you choose to continue that type of post, it will be your user id that gets deleted next time.

so what, im happy those pigs got a taste of their own medicine....dont get all bent out of shape... everyone knows youre an upstanding citizen with good morals.... no need 2 flex

Speak, man, dont lower yourself to that/this bud.

Your an extremely intelligent, eloquent free thinking young man and you really dont need to go down this road bro, as its not a nice one.

I know exactly what your feeling, and I must admit that when I saw the headline "Oakland police officer shot" one of my first thoughts was "Wow, thats divine justice after they shot that innocent kid for no reason"

But seriously man, what if someone had come on here during that BART incident and said "Good, cuz most of the black youths in Oakland are criminals anyway"..............you would destroy him, and I would be right next to you doing the same.

If you re-call, yours and my reactions to the BART murder (on this board atleast) were pretty much exactly the same and the only ones of the emotional pig calling kind.

So come on man, not all police are the scum f*cks that taint the rest............I must say my belief in that isnt very strong, and I more than others here believe that there are more bad police than good but the point is...............until Im shown that these 4 police officers were racist, murdering egomaniacs, then Im feeling sorry for them and their families.

Much like I felt sad and sorry for the guy murdered on the BART, as it was shown he was innocent and had done nothing (not that shooting him even he had committed a crime would have been justified but you get my point)
Last edited by bigstrads on Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:46 pm
speakonitgod wrote:

this is an incredibly poor written statement speak... u cant stereotype all policemen as pigs. It is incredibly wrong and offensive to say this as some men in blue serve honorably and are good people. If people keep on making the assumption that Cops= bad, then instances like this one will continue.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:57 pm
its easy to take a light hearted stance when you live in an area where you dont have to worry about police beatin ur ass or lookin thru ur possessions or questioning u for no reason.... its easy 2 think logically when you are an observer... but for those who actually have to put up with the police there is no love lost.....

you guys shouldnt feel that bad... jus think of how lavish their funerals will be... all tha government officials will be there... the mayor and county clerks, the police will be there in full force firing shots into the air, the streets will be blocked off and the flags will be held at half staff... they will be remembered.... wish i could say the same about half the upstanding citizens they murder without repercussion....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:59 pm
So you're saying you're happy those 4 guys are dead just because they're cops, Speak?. Is that what you're saying?. Would you think the same if one of them were your father, for example?.

Those 4 cops were not just cops, they were regular guys that had a dangerous job and that do not deserve that kind of behavior. It's just unacceptable to celebrate they got killed doing their job.

I agree with Bada here: one more time, and you're gone.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:03 pm
well speak, I gave you a chance to think better of posting **** like you did. You are an incredibly insensative ASSHOLE and that is about the most polite things I can say about you.

Our local community just lost 4 lives. This board is a Warriors board.. a team who resides in OAKLAND. It is almost a certaintly that these officers had friend and or family that are Warrior fans and perhaps they are members or readers of this board.

I will NOT stand by and allow this garbage on this board in what is a tremendously difficult time for this community. I will NOT allow you or anyone else to spew this HATE.

SO I say SO LONG speak and farewell!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:04 pm
TMC wrote:Those 4 cops were not just cops, they were regular guys that had a dangerous job and that do not deserve that kind of behavior. It's just unacceptable to celebrate they got killed doing their job.

our experiences with police are different so i can understand where you are coming from....

TMC wrote:I agree with Bada here: one more time, and you're gone.

what is the point in saying it twice? tryin to puff out ur chest? bada already issued the warning and i respected it.... stop tryin 2 sidebust ur way into ****
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:05 pm
banned for having an unpopular opinion..... well it was fun while it lasted *hats off*
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum