State of the Board

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:13 am
Reg, after a rocky start, me and you have found a mutual respect and friendship in our distain for everything Nelson and S-Jax.

And its because of that respect that I simply have to reply to the comments you have just made............now I will swear, I will even insult you a little...........this is because I am an emotional being, one who is extremely upset, disapointed and frustrated by your continuing comments like this.

The below reply is not because I am a white sheet wearing, nazi tatooed, woman beating, gay beating white heterosexual male...............ok?

The Coooach wrote:Wow, where do I start. I didn't know about the Rhianna thread. all i can say is Wow, I think that is really bad. I guess being a racial minority I can see wher some things really hurt. I guess if you not a minority of any group you might think these are too PC. But try walking in the shoes of a black, woman , gay, etc and see how ift feels to be dumped on or have people like you feel dumped on.


Wow............so only people who ARE a minority could possibly understand what if feels like? regardless of whether people who are NOT in a "minority" have experienced racism, sexism and homophobia (because funnily enough Reg, white people are discriminated against racially and sexually too you know)

You and I have had many discussion regarding this type of thing and I am very disapointed that you feel the need to state things like this............insulted actually, because you didnt name names, so you are basically including me in that.

Me personally, I have spent my entire life FIGHTING racism...........mainly being the only white person I knew to have the views I do.

As a young man, I would regularly have mass brawls with the local "NF" gang, NF being the National Front who are/were a branch of off the Nazi party (look it up)...........these would either be organised or a retaliation after one of my friends would have been racially assualted...........I was nicknamed "The Secret Weapon" because I was the ONLY white person fighting against these f*ckers.

On the flip side of that.........because of my views as a child/young man, and the result of that being that I grew up with mostly all black and asian friends...........I was subject to ALOT of racism from them, simply because I was white, even the people that knew me and knew how I felt about such things, if getting pissed off would often call me "white c*nt" this or "honky f*ck" that...............so dont even dare try to insuate that white people cannot understand racism and discrimination.

Moreover, even if I hadnt been subject to racism...........it is the worst insult you could ever levy to a HUMAN like me, to say that I dont understand that kind of thing is essentially the same as saying that I dont care and even that I contribute to it.

Also, how did you react to my "handling" of the sfsfsfgiants race issue?............think about that, and think about how this entire board united in their distain and hatred for him and racist views he expressed.

The Coooach wrote:A year or so ago I took a lot of personal abuse by defending Mikael Pietrus from being called dumb. A lot of people (a few in particular) called me dumb or stupid because I didn't agree with them)


Wow again..............for starters, what total bull sh*t.

Dont try and mis-represent this issue. You were not defending Pietrus because people were calling him dumb, you were attacking those that called him dumb and labelling them as racists for doing so...............because of course, if anyone dare call a black person dumb, its because of their skin colour and nothing else right?

And again, people only called you dumb because you turned comments like "Damn Pietrus is dumb" into a full on race war............which is/was very dumb.

The Coooach wrote:Look, this place is not the local bar where everybody is the same. We should be somewhat PC correct to make evryone feel welcome. I guess it's hard to see unless you are one of the minority groups I mentioned. Too bad, because we are Warrior fans too.


My god...............so its hard to be PC and welcoming unless your from a minority!?.............."because WE are Warrior fans too"............are you kidding Reg? please say that you are with that sentance.

Pathetic..............and quite frankly, this board isnt like that, in any way..............I am HYPER sensitive to race issues, both sides of them and the only times I have ever been involved/seen them is once with you, the Migya situations and the Sf situation.............thats it..............so where is all this "white board" stuff you are referring to???

The Coooach wrote:Words like ******, bitches, fags, etc. should never be tolerated. Even calling people dumb and stupid is offensive enough. Why can't we just disagree without saying the posters is dumb by saying that?


I agree with that............and the words you mentioned (apart from bitches perhaps) are not tolerated, and never have or will be.

The Coooach wrote:When I first strated here I thought is was a friendly site that wanted fan participation. I found it to be a boys club that only wanted people that fit a certain mode. I became very disapoointed and i don't post as regular as I use to. I am actually going to agree with 32 on one point: I think the moderators should be more forceful to ensure that everyone feel welcome here or else you are just going to have young, white, heterosexual males as part of this forum. People like me (black and proud) and other minorities are going to stay away. Maybe there is a reason why Capt. Jack is the only woman in the forum.


For the 1784th and last time...............NOT EVERYONE HERE IS WHITE!!! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY BLACK PERSON HERE!!!

F*cks sake..............again, are you kidding? if you want me to list the names associated with your so called minorities, I will gladly do so as you STILL obviously feel like you are the one person here who can be the martyr for all minorities.

Overall...............THIS is the exactly the kind of thing that causes arguments here = assumption and lack of understanding and knowledge of the situation you are talking about.

Dont know why I replied to this.............as you are you Reg and you will keep the views you have........plus, the best case scenario for this post is that it starts an argument...............but I just have too, because you are so way off, and so way off about very insulting and personal things too.
Last edited by bigstrads on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:20 am
i certainly feel that minorities' people are very sensitive. i know that from my experience working in norway, where when bunch of polish or/and lithuanian guys would very often bash norwegenians only because they were different. except, that norwegians were majority. and i hated to be among my majority (lithuanians) who were in a place of minority there, because i never felt things were the way they wanted them to be. what i'm saying here is the all too persistent self-victimizing character that tends to be very frequent among minorities' people. while i'm for equality and egalitarianism among all people, i certainly do not like peole taking and faking victim roles.
and, to be clear, words like ni**er and bi*ch, if you look at popular tv, most often come from the mouths of the to be addressates themselves. i don't know why is that and how is that more plausible and fitting minorities.

SECONDLY, i'm not arguing for bashing women, blacks, whites, greens and reds. all i'm saying is - do not play the victim role, it is the easiest fake identity.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 am
bigstrads wrote:Reg, after a rocky start, me and you have found a mutual respect and friendship in our distain for everything Nelson and S-Jax.

And its because of that respect that I simply have to reply to the comments you have just made............now I will swear, I will even insult you a little...........this is because I am an emotional being, one who is extremely upset, disapointed and frustrated by your continuing comments like this.

The below reply is not because I am a white sheet wearing, nazi tatooed, woman beating, gay beating white heterosexual male...............ok?

The Coooach wrote:Wow, where do I start. I didn't know about the Rhianna thread. all i can say is Wow, I think that is really bad. I guess being a racial minority I can see wher some things really hurt. I guess if you not a minority of any group you might think these are too PC. But try walking in the shoes of a black, woman , gay, etc and see how ift feels to be dumped on or have people like you feel dumped on.


Wow............so only people who ARE a minority could possibly understand what if feels like? regardless of whether people who are NOT in a "minority" have experienced racism, sexism and homophobia (because funnily enough Reg, white people are discriminated against racially and sexually too you know)

You and I have had many discussion regarding this type of thing and I am very disapointed that you feel the need to state things like this............insulted actually, because you didnt name names, so you are basically including me in that.

Also, how did you react to my "handling" of the sfsfsfgiants race issue?............think about that, and think about how this entire board united in their distain and hatred for him and racist views he expressed.

The Coooach wrote:A year or so ago I took a lot of personal abuse by defending Mikael Pietrus from being called dumb. A lot of people (a few in particular) called me dumb or stupid because I didn't agree with them)


Wow again..............for starters, what total bull sh*t.

Dont try and mis-represent this issue. You were not defending Pietrus because people were calling him dumb, you were attacking those that called him dumb and labelling them as racists for doing so...............because of course, if anyone dare call a black person dumb, its because of their skin colour and nothing else right?

And again, people only called you dumb because you turned comments like "Damn Pietrus is dumb" into a full on race war............which is/was very dumb.

The Coooach wrote:Look, this place is not the local bar where everybody is the same. We should be somewhat PC correct to make evryone feel welcome. I guess it's hard to see unless you are one of the minority groups I mentioned. Too bad, because we are Warrior fans too.


My god...............so its hard to be PC and welcoming unless your from a minority!?.............."because WE are Warrior fans too"............are you kidding Reg? please say that you are with that sentance.

Pathetic..............and quite frankly, this board isnt like that, in any way..............I am HYPER sensitive to race issues, both sides of them and the only times I have ever been involved/seen them is once with you, the Migya situations and the Sf situation.............thats it..............so where is all this "white board" stuff you are referring to???

The Coooach wrote:Words like ******, bitches, fags, etc. should never be tolerated. Even calling people dumb and stupid is offensive enough. Why can't we just disagree without saying the posters is dumb by saying that?


I agree with that............and the words you mentioned (apart from bitches perhaps) are not tolerated, and never have or will be.

The Coooach wrote:When I first strated here I thought is was a friendly site that wanted fan participation. I found it to be a boys club that only wanted people that fit a certain mode. I became very disapoointed and i don't post as regular as I use to. I am actually going to agree with 32 on one point: I think the moderators should be more forceful to ensure that everyone feel welcome here or else you are just going to have young, white, heterosexual males as part of this forum. People like me (black and proud) and other minorities are going to stay away. Maybe there is a reason why Capt. Jack is the only woman in the forum.


For the 1784th and last time...............NOT EVERYONE HERE IS WHITE!!! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY BLACK PERSON HERE!!!

F*cks sake..............again, are you kidding? if you want me to list the names associated with your so called minorities, I will gladly do so as you STILL obviously feel like you are the one person here who can be the martyr for all minorities.

Overall...............THIS is the exactly the kind of thing that causes arguments here = assumption and lack of understanding and knowledge of the situation you are talking about.

Dont know why I replied to this.............as you are you Reg and you will keep the views you have........plus, the best case scenario for this post is that it starts an argument...............but I just have too, because you are so way off, and so way off about very insulting and personal things too.


sorry bigs. Either you mistook what I said or myabe I said it very badly (probably). Of course I'm not calling all or anybody a racist. Especially you. You and I have had some very good conversations and I consider you a kind and understanding friend. Of course I know that other people a re sensitive to racial, ansd exual issues. You are one of those people, but lets not be naive. Some people are not and they should not be tolerated.

The Pietrus issue became very persoanl with me and a number of people took unjust pot shots at me that were not very kind and you know it. You and i talked it out but some of the others held on to their hatred.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that most people are good and decent people. Some are hate mongers and the mods should not tolerarte them. I have had issues with you bigs, migya, aletha33, coltraining, sfsgiant, and Capt. Jack amongst others. Some of you I have talked it out, others just contiue to hate.

If I offended you bigs, that wa snot my intention and I apologize. My comments was no way meant for you. I was talking about hatred and prejudice in general.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:40 am
The Coooach wrote:sorry bigs. Either you mistook what I said or myabe I said it very badly (probably). Of course I'm not calling all or anybody a racist. Especially you. You and I have had some very good conversations and I consider you a kind and understanding friend. Of course I know that other people a re sensitive to racial, ansd exual issues. You are one of those people, but lets not be naive. Some people are not and they should not be tolerated.

The Pietrus issue became very persoanl with me and a number of people took unjust pot shots at me that were not very kind and you know it. You and i talked it out but some of the others held on to their hatred.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that most people are good and decent people. Some are hate mongers and the mods should not tolerarte them. I have had issues with you bigs, migya, aletha33, coltraining, sfsgiant, and Capt. Jack amongst others. Some of you I have talked it out, others just contiue to hate.

If I offended you bigs, that wa snot my intention and I apologize. My comments was no way meant for you. I was talking about hatred and prejudice in general.


Still................even if I exempt from your sweeping generalisations and dramtizations...............Im still offended and upset with nearly all of what you wrote there man.

What the hell? I mean f*ck...............the people who have been most active in defending the rights of "minorities" are people like me, Bada, Colt, JackAttack, OG Broe, TMC...............all white guys!!!

And when you talk about the place in general being a "frat house" or whatever you were suggesting is just plain crazy, considering that I know for a fact that about half this board belong to those minorities you talk about (Pawno and TMC being the gay ones of course :wink:)............I mean off the top of my head, we have Speakonitgod who is an incredibly politically active and sensitive young black man, RobDIKUM, E-Man, Xbay, Mr Crackerz, first_off, CjR and so many others who are not white and dont feel ANYTHING near what you say this place is like.

If you guys have ever noticed anything about me, its that I HATE to see people accused of something that they have not done or meant.............and will defend and go nuts about anyone who falsely accuses them of something, especially when it comes to subjects like this that I have spent all of my life fighting for.

Anyway, what the F does all this crap matter!? as no-one, in the history of this board has ever voiced "concerns" like this man and to be brutally honest, people remember this kind of stuff and for me is largely why some people like aletha (who I think is Mexican) react to yu the way they do..............I shouldnt have replied as Im all rilled up now.

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:46 am
bigstrads wrote:
The Coooach wrote:sorry bigs. Either you mistook what I said or myabe I said it very badly (probably). Of course I'm not calling all or anybody a racist. Especially you. You and I have had some very good conversations and I consider you a kind and understanding friend. Of course I know that other people a re sensitive to racial, ansd exual issues. You are one of those people, but lets not be naive. Some people are not and they should not be tolerated.

The Pietrus issue became very persoanl with me and a number of people took unjust pot shots at me that were not very kind and you know it. You and i talked it out but some of the others held on to their hatred.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that most people are good and decent people. Some are hate mongers and the mods should not tolerarte them. I have had issues with you bigs, migya, aletha33, coltraining, sfsgiant, and Capt. Jack amongst others. Some of you I have talked it out, others just contiue to hate.

If I offended you bigs, that wa snot my intention and I apologize. My comments was no way meant for you. I was talking about hatred and prejudice in general.


Still................even if I exempt from your sweeping generalisations and dramtizations...............Im still offended and upset with nearly all of what you wrote there man.

What the hell? I mean f*ck...............the people who have been most active in defending the rights of "minorities" are people like me, Bada, Colt, JackAttack, OG Broe, TMC...............all white guys!!!

And when you talk about the place in general being a "frat house" or whatever you were suggesting is just plain crazy, considering that I know for a fact that about half this board belong to those minorities you talk about (Pawno and TMC being the gay ones of course :wink:)............I mean off the top of my head, we have Speakonitgod who is an incredibly politically active and sensitive young black man, RobDIKUM, E-Man, Xbay, Mr Crackerz, first_off, CjR and so many others who are not white and dont feel ANYTHING near what you say this place is like.

If you guys have ever noticed anything about me, its that I HATE to see people accused of something that they have not done or meant.............and will defend and go nuts about anyone who falsely accuses them of something, especially when it comes to subjects like this that I have spent all of my life fighting for.

Anyway, what the F does all this crap matter!? as no-one, in the history of this board has ever voiced "concerns" like this man and to be brutally honest, people remember this kind of stuff and for me is largely why some people like aletha (who I think is Mexican) react to yu the way they do..............I shouldnt have replied as Im all rilled up now.


I didn't know anyone was a minority but me.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 am
The Coooach wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
The Coooach wrote:sorry bigs. Either you mistook what I said or myabe I said it very badly (probably). Of course I'm not calling all or anybody a racist. Especially you. You and I have had some very good conversations and I consider you a kind and understanding friend. Of course I know that other people a re sensitive to racial, ansd exual issues. You are one of those people, but lets not be naive. Some people are not and they should not be tolerated.

The Pietrus issue became very persoanl with me and a number of people took unjust pot shots at me that were not very kind and you know it. You and i talked it out but some of the others held on to their hatred.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that most people are good and decent people. Some are hate mongers and the mods should not tolerarte them. I have had issues with you bigs, migya, aletha33, coltraining, sfsgiant, and Capt. Jack amongst others. Some of you I have talked it out, others just contiue to hate.

If I offended you bigs, that wa snot my intention and I apologize. My comments was no way meant for you. I was talking about hatred and prejudice in general.


Still................even if I exempt from your sweeping generalisations and dramtizations...............Im still offended and upset with nearly all of what you wrote there man.

What the hell? I mean f*ck...............the people who have been most active in defending the rights of "minorities" are people like me, Bada, Colt, JackAttack, OG Broe, TMC...............all white guys!!!

And when you talk about the place in general being a "frat house" or whatever you were suggesting is just plain crazy, considering that I know for a fact that about half this board belong to those minorities you talk about (Pawno and TMC being the gay ones of course :wink:)............I mean off the top of my head, we have Speakonitgod who is an incredibly politically active and sensitive young black man, RobDIKUM, E-Man, Xbay, Mr Crackerz, first_off, CjR and so many others who are not white and dont feel ANYTHING near what you say this place is like.

If you guys have ever noticed anything about me, its that I HATE to see people accused of something that they have not done or meant.............and will defend and go nuts about anyone who falsely accuses them of something, especially when it comes to subjects like this that I have spent all of my life fighting for.

Anyway, what the F does all this crap matter!? as no-one, in the history of this board has ever voiced "concerns" like this man and to be brutally honest, people remember this kind of stuff and for me is largely why some people like aletha (who I think is Mexican) react to yu the way they do..............I shouldnt have replied as Im all rilled up now.


I didn't know anyone was a minority but me.


BUT REG!!!

That is EXACTLY THE THING!!!..............I know that I and many others have TOLD you directly that you are not the only "minority" (god, I f*cking hate using terms like that)..............so many times but you seem to choose to ignore them for some reason.

And again, its that kind of self victimization and martyrdom that annoys the hell out of people............and then when you talk about Warrior stuff, they remember that sh*t and dont respend well to you.

Do me a favour and check out these threads =

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... 45&start=0

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... 70&start=0

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=7614

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:06 am
Thanks bigs, I never saw any of these post except frothe first one and my computer somehow doesn't support phiotos. It just gives me a box with a red x in it. Anyway for me to change that? As you said in one of your post, me and JBC are probably the old guys on the group and i know that I had to learn the computer after I was 35 years old. so operate error is definitely a possibility in my case.

I do find it comforting to know that their are others out their like me.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:20 am
The Coooach wrote:Thanks bigs, I never saw any of these post except frothe first one and my computer somehow doesn't support phiotos. It just gives me a box with a red x in it. Anyway for me to change that? As you said in one of your post, me and JBC are probably the old guys on the group and i know that I had to learn the computer after I was 35 years old. so operate error is definitely a possibility in my case.

I do find it comforting to know that their are others out their like me.


Well there you go (not sure why the pics arent working, I just looked through that thread and they all came up for me.........did you dis-able images being displayed? do you see peoples sigs?)

But to go deeper with this (I know, "why bigs!?").............why would it be comforting to know that about half this board belong to minorities? I mean IF there was all this racism and white boy frat house-ness that you speak of then I would understand it..............but where is all this?

The only race issues we have EVER had were the original Migya/32 situation, the Pietrus thing and the Sf thing............weve had people bashing gay people and jewish people but they have ALL been instantly banned............other than that, its Migya and his sexist views.............where is the rest of all this stuff bud?

To be honest Reg, because I respect you I will talk to you like this............because I care and genuinely hate the fact that you feel the way you do, because its just upsetting that you would feel that way about the board and those who inhabit it.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:32 am
Wow...so you think I'm racist Coach? That just goes to show you know absolutely nothing about me.

And I don't hate you nor have I ever hated you, it's a message board. I disagree with your opinion, YOU attacked me and made it a personal issue. There are plenty of people I know on other boards that I think are complete morons when it comes to football, we're still friends, I just think they don't get football. Hell my boyfriend and I fight all the time because he's a Cowboys fan and I'm a 49ers fan...I think he's an idiot for it...doesn't change our relationship, but I still think he has no idea what he's talking about.

I think in the end you are taking things personally that are not personal issues and then attacking people for it claiming it's personal. Relax a little.
Image

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:48 am
Captain_Jack wrote:Wow...so you think I'm racist Coach? That just goes to show you know absolutely nothing about me.

And I don't hate you nor have I ever hated you, it's a message board. I disagree with your opinion, YOU attacked me and made it a personal issue. There are plenty of people I know on other boards that I think are complete morons when it comes to football, we're still friends, I just think they don't get football. Hell my boyfriend and I fight all the time because he's a Cowboys fan and I'm a 49ers fan...I think he's an idiot for it...doesn't change our relationship, but I still think he has no idea what he's talking about.

I think in the end you are taking things personally that are not personal issues and then attacking people for it claiming it's personal. Relax a little.


I don't hink you're a racist Capt. I never even inplied that. I just included you in people I had an issue with. Each person was propably something different. It was never racial with you Capt. Jack. Besides, everybody loves you.

BTW, I'm a Cowboy fan too.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:07 pm
The Coooach wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Wow...so you think I'm racist Coach? That just goes to show you know absolutely nothing about me.

And I don't hate you nor have I ever hated you, it's a message board. I disagree with your opinion, YOU attacked me and made it a personal issue. There are plenty of people I know on other boards that I think are complete morons when it comes to football, we're still friends, I just think they don't get football. Hell my boyfriend and I fight all the time because he's a Cowboys fan and I'm a 49ers fan...I think he's an idiot for it...doesn't change our relationship, but I still think he has no idea what he's talking about.

I think in the end you are taking things personally that are not personal issues and then attacking people for it claiming it's personal. Relax a little.


I don't hink you're a racist Capt. I never even inplied that. I just included you in people I had an issue with. Each person was propably something different. It was never racial with you Capt. Jack. Besides, everybody loves you.

BTW, I'm a Cowboy fan too.


Figures. Why is everyone a Cowgirl fan? By the way "ha ha" you're stuck with TO.

Anyway, I do still think that you take some things on here and make them personal when they're not. When I said you were acting like a douche I said it because you were acting like one. Just like how on Valentine's Day I told my best friend to stop acting like an ungrateful bitch because she was bitching that her boyfriend didn't do anything cool for her even though he had just gotten off a cross-country flight. I'm not attacking you, I'm calling you out on your behavior the same I would with anyone else I know. It's nothing personal, I'm a straight forward person and if someone's acting like a dick I'm going to call them on it. You don't have to like me for it, but I do hope that you understand it.

In the same way we should try to accommodate everyone and not alienate minorities, everyone needs to be aware that no two people have the same personality. On a board like this there are going to be people that you get along with personality wise and people you don't. There are going to people with different senses of humor (senses of humor? that sounds wrong, sense of humors? sounds wrong too...oh well), and people are going to find different things funny. I find that if someone says something that mildly offends you, just let it go, ignore them and don't partake in their joking. If there are people who do something that offends you severely then just be polite about it and ask them to tone it down. I did this once on this board, Speak posted a gif of a guy shooting himself in the head. I just asked him nicely to take it down. It's a personal issue, my uncle committed suicide by shooting himself in the head and I didn't want to re-live it over and over every time I clicked on the thread.

We can't always know people's backgrounds, what they look like, where they came from so instead of becoming PC robots and trying to please everyone, just realize that people are different and have different upbringings and let some of this stuff go. Not everything needs to be a personal attack.

I experience plenty of sexism on this board and others, most of the time I let it go, it's a generalization it doesn't mean that every person is like that and I know (or at least I'm pretty damn sure) that the person saying it (usually Pawno :) ) doesn't really think that way about women. I also know that I do not fill that stereotype so it really doesn't affect me. Occasionally someone will say something that will truly offend me and I'll usually respond, it happens. However it's important to be able to distinguish between someone making a trivial sexist joke and someone actually making a statement.
Image

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:25 pm
so 2 guys walk into a bar.... :bday:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:40 pm
the Golden State Warriors won their only west coast championship the year 1974-1875. I wonder how many of you were born then? If you were, how many of you were old enough to watch the game and no what you were watching? I was 19 at the time. So when i say Rick Barry was better than Larry Bird people called me crazy because they don't think anyone could be better than Larry Bird. Why? because when they started watching basketball, Bird, Magic, Michael, etc. were it.

I started catching my personal flack during that all-time great team draft thing that was started. My mention of Barry, Lucas, Bing, etc., got no respect because none of the people making the decisions never saw any of these guys play. Was MJ superior to Oscar? The answer is no. But if you never seen the Big O play you have say yes he was. But Michael never averaged a triple double like the Big O.

I guess maybe my opnion don't matter because I'm in my 50's. I am probably a little sensitive because I have been through a lot in my life which is probably unlike a lot of the younger blacks on the board. I was alive during the King marches and not being able to go to certain places because i was black. It's hard to get over those things folks. I hope some of you understand. I could tell you stories that would make your skin crawl like my uncle being lynched. So yeah, Capt. Jack sometimes i do take things a little personal. Liike you said, we don't know everyones background. you guys definitely don't know mine.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:28 pm
Location: Hayward, CA
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:41 pm
I really didn't read all the posts here, but I'll go on to say…

Anyone should be able to say anything to anyone here as long as it doesn't include racial, sexist, against certain religions, and sexual orientations, or mentions of breaking federal laws.

If a difference of opinion comes up and a discussion war starts up, let it feud out (unless of course the above things are mentioned). Mods shouldn't have to step in at all unless these things come about. Having two people duke it out by ripping each other should be totally fine here, as long as those 5 things are not present.

This is a discussion board. People are not going to agree and get heated about it; that's a given. I think the mods should only have to deal with the things I mentioned above and not have to be referees in an opinions battle or ripping contest. This board was a lot better when the mods weren’t relied upon fix every feud.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Image

Starting Lineup
Posts: 693
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 pm
First, I'll say I've enjoyed interacting with Migya on this board. I've always found the conversation informative and the tone civil.

Migya is quite unapologetic. His rationale's is that he draws a line at personal attacks. Under normal circumstances, I think he always has.

Of course someone can for example, trash on an entire race of people and say " hey nothing personal", but the members of that race DO take it personally. And even some of us who aren't of that race, take it personally.

Migya is fond of characterizing those who would be ofended by any of his posts as "insecure". Migya, when I read that post, in my mind, the insecurity of the guy who wrote it is 100 times the person who might be offended.

Migya, I'm sad you are taking a hard line on this. It's quite apparent to me, your sport is Basketball, and I look forward to discussing our team with you in the future.

But there is a matter of context here. I didn't know that the Rhianna thread existed. I keep to the Basketball threads, I'm not that curious about the off topic threads. Now I don't regret that.
If there is a thread on this board for men or women to lament ovef abuse at the hands of the opposite sex, that might be interesting, Go ahead, get creative, get mean. I might enjoy it, particularly if it's done in a clever way. I find the interplay of sexes fascinating. But, this kind of cretin, lumberjack, drunken sailor **** doesn't get it for me.

If some posters on this board now realize that there is some unsavory stuff going on on other threads here and now will be intrigued to check out the off topic posts in the future. I have no problem, I won't, but the truth is, I don't have to go there if I don't want to. But I sure as hell don't want it creeping out into basketball topics.

I'm not PC, I could see something I might have written being reported. I guess I'd be disappointed, but then people are entitled to their opinion. If I read what Migya posted in any basketball thread. I would have kind of a sick feeling, like I wouldn't be proud to be affiliated with this board. The fact that it's off topic does lessen that feeling somewhat.

I guess it can be a thin line if it's PC or it's people owning up to their own ****. Hopefully if we have a dialogue, we can give and take about it. It's everyone's personal choice, if they think the accomodation becomes too great, they can leave. I would hope for now, that no one does.
War Years
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests

cron