State of the Board

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:49 pm
i feel somehow not right, for i think 32's and mainly coltraning's reason for leaving was a big part of my hardcore mentality when it comes to arguing for freedom of speech,opinion and self-respect. so, i had no intention of making this board look less good for those posters. in most cases, i think colt misunderstood me for what i'm not i.e. illiterate, ignorant and attacking person. yes, i do admit i like to tease people at times, but to me it's just fun and a little game. i had no problem with 32 until he stepped (completely out of place) to defend (?) colt about one notorious word issue. after that it seemed that nor colt nor 32 were ever willing to admit they've been wrong or mistaken. i got over it and made several satyrical posts. some things are better off if you laugh them out. i never liked being called a hater, homer and generally unreasonable man, because, simply, i'm not. and no one in a PUBLIC forrum should be allowed to do that, or, if they are, the ones who were called names are pretty much equal in giving the favor back (it might be unreasonable, but it's easier/healthier than keeping it inside).
anyway, my biggest part of being here consists in posting in game threads, for that's how i let it go. and no, nothing i say there is or should be of major importance. so, if in these post i offended crawford, maggette, yao ming or anyone else, sorry to them.
i never thought this place was becoming bad or wrong and i have no nostalgia for things that have gone. i enjoy being an idiot sometimes, for i think everyone can be silly in his own way for his own mental health.
this random post being done, i wish not only peace, but good wars as well to fellow warriors.

p.s. and people should let mods live instead of calling them for any insignificant issue.
i'm still at odds remembering how colt called the police where it was a usual family quarell. these are the things i can't respect.

but,

i think this board is AWESOME.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:56 pm
guess in a sense I'm a little different. Call me a homer, a hater, fag, fkhead, whatever and i really couldn't gaf. Call me ignorant in regards to the Warriors, and I'll fight back
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:13 pm
everybody needs to calm down...

strange that we have all this shiit going on while the warriors are playing their best ball!!!!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 pm
Quazza wrote:guess in a sense I'm a little different. Call me a homer, a hater, fag, fkhead, whatever and i really couldn't gaf. Call me ignorant in regards to the Warriors, and I'll fight back

TELL ME ABOUT IT. I CALLED QUAZZA IGNORANT ONCE, AND... WELL.. SEE FOR YOUR SELF.

-------------------------------------------------

Mr. Crackerz: Ur Ignorant (when it comes the dubs)
Quazzmeister: Oh no u didn't
Mr. Crackerz: O yes I did, u ignorant SOB
Quazza: :agrue:
Mr. Crackerz: haha ur accent is funny... not as funny as your ignorance.
Quazza: :pain10:
Mr. Crackerz: That's all u got, U IGNORANT AUSSIE
Quazza: :boxing:
Mr. Crackerz: ooowwww :sad1: ... u win this time
Last edited by Mr. Crackerz on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 pm
I don't think there is anyone in particular to blame, since the We Believe playoff series the number of members here has grown exponentially, combine that with a underachieving basketball team with an inept president and owner, and the frustrations come out.

It's more growing pains than anything. We have different personalities here, so not everyone is going to be 100% happy, the mods try their best (I am indebted bigtime to Bada, Xbay, and TMC) to keep a lid on things when necessary, but mostly the point of this board is to BS about the Warriors and whatever else you want, not take each other too seriously, and have a good time.

I think the mods have said their peace and hopefully things will be better going forward. As always PM me or email jeff@goldenstwarriors.com with any comments, concerns, etc. etc.

Stepping off soapbox....
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:47 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Quazza wrote:guess in a sense I'm a little different. Call me a homer, a hater, fag, fkhead, whatever and i really couldn't gaf. Call me ignorant in regards to the Warriors, and I'll fight back

TELL ME ABOUT. I CALLED QUAZZA IGNORANT ONCE, AND... WELL.. SEE FOR YOUR SELF.

haha

yer we Ozzie's don't mind it;)

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:10 pm
The Dubs are finally back to Warrior basketball, entering the all-star break on a GREAT note. There's nothing to debate about that.

Let's just all get along and enjoy this streak, capiche (sp?)?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:24 pm
I have to say that I never called out the moderators here in any negative way, though I admit this time it would have been appropriate for them to take action and remove the trouble maker. The mods here are a class act and act like the rest of us - fans of the team,expressive and humourous. They understand that they are like the rest of us and don't try to act dominant in any way.

We all need to give props to hobbes for creating this site and maintaining it. I said a couple of years ago that I'd be alright giving a little bit of money per month to keep this place going and not put the burden on hobbes. He humbly declined but I believe that should the need arise, it is not wrong for hobbes to ask members to give five dollars a month, that surely would cover it I think, as there are over fifteen regulars here

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:25 pm
I know he wouldn't accept it, but i'd be more than happy to contribute in that sense

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:36 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

good one! :D

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:42 pm
martin wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

haha i think making fun of the situation can be good stress release.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
martin wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

haha i think making fun of the situation can be good stress release.

sure as hell!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:42 am
hobbes wrote:mostly the point of this board is to BS about the Warriors and whatever else you want, not take each other too seriously, and have a good time.

That's it. It shouldn't be that hard to get, but seems like it is. The point of this place is to talk about the Warriors and other topics with fellow fans. Still, some people do not seem to get it and take it as a place to only rant, to vent and go about their business without considering anybody else.

It's not. It's a place to HAVE A GOOD TIME. And we're obviously not doing a good job at that right now.

I kinda look at this as a chance to start anew. To make it the kind of community we want. I kinda think we'll have to be more pro-active against troublemakers and not let it come to this.

Point is, people has to realize that we're not here to fight. We're here to enjoy this place and each other if possible. If you don't like this place, don't come here.

migya wrote:We all need to give props to hobbes for creating this site and maintaining it. I said a couple of years ago that I'd be alright giving a little bit of money per month to keep this place going and not put the burden on hobbes. He humbly declined but I believe that should the need arise, it is not wrong for hobbes to ask members to give five dollars a month, that surely would cover it I think, as there are over fifteen regulars here

We've discussed this previously, and I don't think we should pay for a site like this. I mean, the idea of an open board is exactly that, to make it open to everybody, and having to pay would reduce the number of new members too much.

With that said, I've been here so long that if it ever comes to that, I'm willing to help as well. Hobbes doesn't have to carry the burden by himself.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:32 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:We all need to give props to hobbes for creating this site and maintaining it. I said a couple of years ago that I'd be alright giving a little bit of money per month to keep this place going and not put the burden on hobbes. He humbly declined but I believe that should the need arise, it is not wrong for hobbes to ask members to give five dollars a month, that surely would cover it I think, as there are over fifteen regulars here

We've discussed this previously, and I don't think we should pay for a site like this. I mean, the idea of an open board is exactly that, to make it open to everybody, and having to pay would reduce the number of new members too much.

With that said, I've been here so long that if it ever comes to that, I'm willing to help as well. Hobbes doesn't have to carry the burden by himself.

Better idea, if hobbes ever does need money for the forum, is to ask for donations

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:07 am
Dude Hobbes just needs to have some bitches blunts and some forties.

thats a way to sort someone out.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum