If you were a basketball player going to the NBA...

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:36 pm
...which team would you like to be drafted to?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:59 pm
Obviously i'd like to go to Golden State like everyone else here.

A HALL OF FAME COACH who gives his players total control... Plus i'd have season tickets with the Raiders so i'd be pretty much at the Oracle n Blackhole everyday and every other sunday...

But for the sake of a arguement and not choosing Golden State.

THEN!!!

I'd like to go to a big market area... a team that is proud with tradition and history...

I think i'd also like to be in the air less doing roadtrips so the destination has to be probably somewhere Central..

I'm thinking Chicago cause it's a big city
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:13 pm
My obvious choice is the Warriors.

But I'd like to play for Cleveland. It'd be awesome to play alongside LeBron. Orlando and Miami would be my next two choices not only because of the obvious with Superman and D-Wade, but because the beaches near by, the clubs, and Disneyworld! :)
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Besides the Dubz (cuz that would be cheating), i would want to be drafted to the celtics... so i earn their trust, and sabotage their biggest game of the year, then i get released, and sign with the dubs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:37 pm
I'd have to say Spurs or Suns. Spurs because they give everyone a chance to be part of the team, to play within the team and they are always among the best teams. Suns because they give you a chance of you've got the skills, they are fun and they are also among the best teams all the time

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:58 pm
i'd say thunder. it would make my chances of scoring in nba game reach near 100 percent :wink:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:04 pm
I'd join Migya on the Spurs. I like the structure and the defined roles given out to the players. I would have no problem piggy-backing Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli all the way to deep in the playoffs.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:42 am
Yeah but i couldnt play for the Spurs... Cause it's San An Fricking Tonio.

Obviously FINE from Holland and Migya from Perth, the Middle of nowhere... all realize that Greg Popovich is a pioneer of injecting international flavour into his lineups... he got Tim Duncan from the Canary Islands, Manu Ginobill from Arg and Tony Parker from France.

We all know his notorious for blooding other international role players in Sean Marks, Andrew Gaze and Beno Udrich to name a few. isn;t there a guy on the current roster Oberta Hill somewhere else from the other corners of the planet.

Obviously BIGS wouldn't be welcomed into the Spurs surrounding... we all know the John Amechi Rule has ruined it for any British foreigner looking to break into the team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:09 am
Hey, cool idea for a thread.

I'd go (obviously, and as anybody else in this board) with the Warriors, but, if not, I'd love to go to Miami or Toronto. Purely because of those towns (totally different towns, but both sharing an international flavour that I look for). For that very reason, I would hate to end up in Utah or San Antonio.

Also, both Toronto and Miami have owners willing to pony up the cash it takes to win. Not like NY or Dallas, but enough to have good teams that can compete in this league.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:18 am
pawndogg wrote:Obviously BIGS wouldn't be welcomed into the Spurs surrounding... we all know the John Amechi Rule has ruined it for any British foreigner looking to break into the team.

Thats why its Warriors or nothing for me........given the Bay Areas acceptance of us British "Amechi" types. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:18 am
Heresy on this board, but the lakers...best and deepest team along with Cleveland, and have any of you lived in Cleveland?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:39 am
i want to be part of an expansion team... not that i'm totally full of myself, but i want to be part of a team that i believe in, and in return believes in me... i would want to be that one person who carries the burden of a franchise, and succeed, very much what lebron is doing over there in cleveland.... i wanna make that team/organization/franchise so reputable that it'll bring other stars from other teams so that i could build a dynasty as a player...

20 years... 20 rings... a ring for every finger and toe i have... lol
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:35 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:...which team would you like to be drafted to?

the warriors...
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:34 pm
It would depend on which team would showcase my abilities. Of course, doing do would ensure a trip to the finals, at least.

That's why I would also command a huge salary and the usual hotties would all be having clothes-ripping cat fights for the right to sit at court side.

Oh, and I wouldn't have to run "lines", bleacher-jumps or other strenuous drills cuz those are far too tiring.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:16 pm
Suns so I could be in the locker room when Matt Barnes was showering.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum