New Years Eve BART shooting footage

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:07 pm
gogogadget wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
gogogadget wrote:definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons


you make a good point, in regards to policemen and policewomen... 99% of cops are good people, do the right things, obey the law, and should be respected. Same goes for firefighters, military personnel, etc... however, there bad apples everywhere, just like in every profession, and one shall not blame a profession for one person's evil deeds.


respek


99% of police, military are good people?................wow, thats is naivity at its most saddest level. :roll:


excuse me? yes, 99% of police and military are good people. they keep drunk drivers off roads, make good arrests when they are needed, and fight wars for their country. Foot soldiers arent responsible for Iraq or any other stupid war. Thats the 1%. People like you make me sick. You get to sit in a cubicle all day and they are out on the street or at war putting their life on the line every day, and you're the victim? no


I didnt say I was a victim............and I do respect those police men/women who are honest and have good intentions.

But its a simple fact that more than 1% of them do not have the right intentions and are not doing the job the "right" way. Corruption, false arrests, unjust shootings are a daily thing and are committed by much more than 1%.

Dont get me started on soldiers! yes they are "foot soldiers" as you say, and are simply told to go to a far off land to fight phoney wars and murder innocent people.............but the simple fact again is that most of them are cowboys, un-educated and generally looking for an excuse to get away from poor lives and shoot some people.


ok we're not going to argue about what the exact percentage of good to bad cops is. thats over

but what you say about soldiers is such bullshit. You have no idea what the real world is, you have no idea what it means to be an american who is proud of their country and wants to serve, give their family some HONOR and help people like you. I dont car how fuckin radical you think you are, respect the fuckin soldiers and shut the hell up


Why put a number on it then? your the one that did that, and now you want to back out............this "conversation" wouldnt be happening had you not made that ridiculous and clearly wrong and biased assumption.

LOL...........ohh man, people like you are sad sad sad..............I feel sorry for you and those that you spawn.

I respect soldiers who went to WW2, who obtained REAL honour in fighting a war that was against a true enemy and threat............a war that wasnt fabricated (although, Pearl Harbour huh? hmmmm) and people who really did give their lives for the values of freedom and fighting an evil dictator.

I will not respect cowboys who go off to Iraq with no knowledge on why or reason to...........dont even think about mentioning 9/11 because you will be easily shot down by someone who has dedicated hundreds of hours into research of the event.

You live your life in your happy little bubble of "freedom" and "liberty" and "honour"............and Ill live in the real world, with the real facts...........and I assure you, you will have a much happier life not knowing the things I know, and coming to the realisations I have.

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:11 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Let's not put a number like 99% out there. Let's just say there are good cops and bad cops. You can't deny either one. So lets not deny that there are bad cops and that an incident like this will happen again somewhere. I respect a good cop, but there are many that are racist pigs. I feel for the ones that actually care about protecting people of the community because they catch all the bullshit. So knowing a Bart cop does not mean people should hold their tongue, because they are referring to this guy, not every single one


I am not a fan of the police, but I realize that the majority......a huge majority of police are good. I would not want to put a number on it, but most are good people for the most part. Some may have agendas or may be in the field for the wrong reasons....but when something like this happens it is hard not to look at the entire group as negligent and unjust.


Im over the police issue. Is every teacher just a teacher so they can give kids detention? it's an impossible question to answer.

but what strads says about the military is so unjust and demeaning to our country and anyone who has a loved one overseas or just in the military in general im not going to let that go. I'll debate over that all night to give MY respect to them.
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:23 pm
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
gogogadget wrote:definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons


you make a good point, in regards to policemen and policewomen... 99% of cops are good people, do the right things, obey the law, and should be respected. Same goes for firefighters, military personnel, etc... however, there bad apples everywhere, just like in every profession, and one shall not blame a profession for one person's evil deeds.


respek


99% of police, military are good people?................wow, thats is naivity at its most saddest level. :roll:


excuse me? yes, 99% of police and military are good people. they keep drunk drivers off roads, make good arrests when they are needed, and fight wars for their country. Foot soldiers arent responsible for Iraq or any other stupid war. Thats the 1%. People like you make me sick. You get to sit in a cubicle all day and they are out on the street or at war putting their life on the line every day, and you're the victim? no


I didnt say I was a victim............and I do respect those police men/women who are honest and have good intentions.

But its a simple fact that more than 1% of them do not have the right intentions and are not doing the job the "right" way. Corruption, false arrests, unjust shootings are a daily thing and are committed by much more than 1%.

Dont get me started on soldiers! yes they are "foot soldiers" as you say, and are simply told to go to a far off land to fight phoney wars and murder innocent people.............but the simple fact again is that most of them are cowboys, un-educated and generally looking for an excuse to get away from poor lives and shoot some people.


ok we're not going to argue about what the exact percentage of good to bad cops is. thats over

but what you say about soldiers is such bullshit. You have no idea what the real world is, you have no idea what it means to be an american who is proud of their country and wants to serve, give their family some HONOR and help people like you. I dont car how fuckin radical you think you are, respect the fuckin soldiers and shut the hell up


Why put a number on it then? your the one that did that, and now you want to back out............this "conversation" wouldnt be happening had you not made that ridiculous and clearly wrong and biased assumption.

LOL...........ohh man, people like you are sad sad sad..............I feel sorry for you and those that you spawn.

I respect soldiers who went to WW2, who obtained REAL honour in fighting a war that was against a true enemy and threat............a war that wasnt fabricated (although, Pearl Harbour huh? hmmmm) and people who really did give their lives for the values of freedom and fighting an evil dictator.

I will not respect cowboys who go off to Iraq with no knowledge on why or reason to...........dont even think about mentioning 9/11 because you will be easily shot down by someone who has dedicated hundreds of hours into research of the event.

You live your life in your happy little bubble of "freedom" and "liberty" and "honour"............and Ill live in the real world, with the real facts...........and I assure you, you will have a much happier life not knowing the things I know, and coming to the realisations I have.


Why are you making such a big deal over a number? I know lots of cops, and no, I dont know ONE who I think to be a racist, or is in the field for the wrong reason. but like I said, Im not going to debate over a percentage that cant be proven.

Maybe you don't respect "cowboys". Have you ever been to America? I dont know any cowboys! Who I do know are young adults who have had opportunities to do other things with their lives but they choose to go into the military because here in America they are heroes. They protect us. What you don't get is that THEY DONT WANT TO GO TO WAR. MOST of them signed up thinking their time would be up before we entered another war. But they still go to war because it is their DUTY as an American. That's what being an AMERICAN is all about. As a citizen, we are required to fight if our number is called. I give them all the respect in the world because they went and fought even when it wasnt, so I dont have to.

I would usually say that I am done with this topic, but I will back our military all day and night.

and here in AMERICA, we dont spell HONOR with a U you english prick
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:40 pm
gogogadget wrote:and here in AMERICA, we dont spell HONOR with a U you english prick


Ohh yeah, thats right, you spell it the wrong way........well done for that.

This is the internet, and as such "we" are not in AMERICA..........I know people like you believe that AMERICA is the centRE of the earth.

Reducing this to an argument of patriotism and to begin attacking me as an "English prick" is just a sad sign of how ignorant and "typical" you are as an AMERICAN.

People like you, who arent able to converse with any kind of logic or fact and simply resort to the old "We are AMERICANS.......WE ARE THE BEST.......YEEAAARRGGHH" are why most of the world HATES.........AMERICA.

Ohh and by the way, one of my biggest wishes in life is to move to America, as the Bay Area is the only place on Earth that I feel at home........having visited America on 11 seperate occasions, visiting both coasts and alot in between.......and having visited the Bay Area 4 seperate times.

Just try and suspend your biased, emotional over-reaction, and realise that I was simply questioning your estimation that 99% of police and military are good people.........which you are trying to get out of now of course.

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 pm
excuse me, we are on a messageboard where there is maybe 10 people who are not from america, and considering the warriors are in america, im gonna go out on a limb and call this an american website


I guess you will just never understand what it means to have pride in where you come from. It gives our lives meaning that isnt completely material, it gives it something deeper. If I am a "typical" american, why the **** do you want to move here? being american is more than just living in a place. And you, sir, will never be american



You wanna hear a fact? American soldiers are someone you should and will respect. Thats a fuckin fact. Its also a fact that most of them HATE HATE HATE being in Iraq, away from their families, their home, and any kind of luxury.


Im willing to bet the bay area is the only place you feel at home because no one there likes you. Thats why you have to spend your whole day researching american basketball. And please dont move here, If I hear that you do I will be extremely disappointed that anyone in their right mind would want to take pride in where they live when they go against everything that country stands for

J

I'm not trying to get away from what I said. I believe it to be true. You believe it to be not. It's impossible to prove either side, so I said there is no use in arguing over it.
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:24 pm
gogogadget wrote:excuse me, we are on a messageboard where there is maybe 10 people who are not from america, and considering the warriors are in america, im gonna go out on a limb and call this an american website


Ohh of course, sorry for doubting that America rules all.

Simply put, this is a message board on the World Wide Web, therefore it is open to anyone, from any country.

So no, this isnt an American website, its a website for Warrior fans all around the world, because again, its on the World Wide Web, not the American Wide Web..........so making any claims to contrary, and especially trying to tell me Im spelling a word wrong because it has been bastardized by your country, is just another example of your ignorance.

I woudlnt dream of correcting all the American people here on their mis-spelling of words..........because I have an odd concept installed in me, that you may find strange, so bear with me............THERE ARE OTHER COUNTRIES OUTSIDE AMERICA AND THEY MAY DO THINDS DIFFERENTLY.

gogogadget wrote:I guess you will just never understand what it means to have pride in where you come from. It gives our lives meaning that isnt completely material, it gives it something deeper. If I am a "typical" american, why the **** do you want to move here? being american is more than just living in a place. And you, sir, will never be american


I dont want to be an American...........I want to be a human, and the place I feel most human is in the Bay Area, around other good, intelligent, free thinking, enlightened, factual, sensical, logical humans.........ohh, sorry, more words and concepts you probably dont understand.

gogogadget wrote:You wanna hear a fact? American soldiers are someone you should and will respect. Thats a fuckin fact. Its also a fact that most of them HATE HATE HATE being in Iraq, away from their families, their home, and any kind of luxury.


Well...........I WONT respect them.........thats that............why would I? just because you tell me too? ohh of course, your American, your all powerful and will able to extend your red white and blue tatooed arm through your PC screen and throttle me until I concede that Americans truelly are the master race huh?

One thing you neglect to mention, of course, is the FACT that there are plenty of British soldiers and many from other nations in Eyerack (I bet you say it like that huh?)..........NOT JUST AMERICA! ohh but of course, only the American ones are doing any good.

gogogadget wrote:Im willing to bet the bay area is the only place you feel at home because no one there likes you. Thats why you have to spend your whole day researching american basketball. And please dont move here, If I hear that you do I will be extremely disappointed that anyone in their right mind would want to take pride in where they live when they go against everything that country stands for.


LMAO............this paragraph...........Im not even going to bother with, because its just so sad and pathetic.
.
.
.
All Ill say now, is keep this up bud, enjoy the remainder of your time on this great American website.

Ps: "Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"

Pps: Of course, all my American brothers and sisters that I love and respect here, this is in no way directed at you, and I pray that you dont take offense to anything I have said here, and realise that it is only in response to............well, just this yahoo.
Last edited by bigstrads on Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:38 pm
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:excuse me, we are on a messageboard where there is maybe 10 people who are not from america, and considering the warriors are in america, im gonna go out on a limb and call this an american website


Ohh of course, sorry for doubting that American rules all.

Simply put, this is a message board on the World Wide Web, therefore it is open to anyone, from any country.

So no, this isnt an American website, its a website for Warrior fans all around the world, because again, its on the World Wide Web, not the American Wide Web..........so making any claims to contrary, and especially trying to tell me Im spelling a word wrong because it has been bastadized by your country, is just another example of your ignorance.

I woudlnt dream of correcting all the American people here on their mis-spelling of words..........because I have a strange concept installed in me, that you may find strange, so bear with me............THERE ARE OTHER COUNTRIES OUTSIDE AMERICA AND THEY MAY DO THINDS DIFFERENTLY.

gogogadget wrote:I guess you will just never understand what it means to have pride in where you come from. It gives our lives meaning that isnt completely material, it gives it something deeper. If I am a "typical" american, why the **** do you want to move here? being american is more than just living in a place. And you, sir, will never be american


I dont want to be an America...........I want to be a human, and the place I feel most human is in the Bay Area, around other good, intelligent, free thinking, enlightened, factual, sensical, logical humans.........ohh, sorry, more words and concepts you probably dont understand.

gogogadget wrote:You wanna hear a fact? American soldiers are someone you should and will respect. Thats a fuckin fact. Its also a fact that most of them HATE HATE HATE being in Iraq, away from their families, their home, and any kind of luxury.


Well...........I WONT respect them.........thats that............why would I? just because you tell me too? ohh of course, your American, your all powerful and will able to extend your red white and blue tatooed arm through your PC screen and throttle me until I concede that Americans truelly are the master race huh?

One thing you neglect to mention, of course, is the FACT that there are plenty of British soldiers and many from other nations in Eyerack (I bet you say it like that huh?)..........NOT JUST AMERICA! ohh but of course, only the American ones are doing any good.

gogogadget wrote:Im willing to bet the bay area is the only place you feel at home because no one there likes you. Thats why you have to spend your whole day researching american basketball. And please dont move here, If I hear that you do I will be extremely disappointed that anyone in their right mind would want to take pride in where they live when they go against everything that country stands for.


LMAO............this paragraph...........Im not even going to bother with, because its just so sad and pathetic.
.
.
.
All Ill say now, is keep this up bud, enjoy the remainder of your time on this great American website.


I guess you're just a lost cause. Dont come here. The fact that you refuse to respect american soldiers is sickening. You're willing to say you WONT respect them, and you have never met one.

And yes, there are soldiers from other countries in Iraq, too. Did I say to not respect them??? hell no! give them your fuckin respect too!

You cant win this argument strads. Where are the mods coming to rescue you? Theyre not. theyre americans. They respect the military.

I do not support the war in Iraq. In fact, I despise it. However, and it is a FACT that the vast majority of people think this way, I do support our troops. Thats the funny thing about america. Even when our leaders put us in shitty situations, we support the people who really need it.

The thought just crossed my mind, that maybe you're mistaking how I mean "respect". I don't mean respect in that you have to let them push you around or take your things if they invade your country. But show a little COMPASSION. THEYRE FIGHTING A WAR. Show some humanity, and a little interest in the wellbeing of someone other than yourself.

One last thing. You talk so much about me avoiding facts. You have said no facts outside of the www thing. You threatened to spit facts about 9/11, but I have no interest in that. Go ahead bigs, give me some FACTS about how all american soldiers are cowboys who have no lives and just wanna shoot people. DO IT!
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:41 pm
Just an FYI, this is a dumb argument.
Image

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:46 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Just an FYI, this is a dumb argument.


no doubt. But am I wrong? do you think young people in the military deserve a little respect?
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:54 pm
gogogadget wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Just an FYI, this is a dumb argument.


no doubt. But am I wrong? do you think young people in the military deserve a little respect?


I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and if Bigs doesn't want to respect the military or the police that is his choice and he's entitled to make that choice. And if you believe they deserve your respect then you are free to make that decision.

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this, it's a matter of opinion.
Image

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:59 pm
Sorry folks, I have to physically leave this conversation now. I'm being rushed out the door as we speak. takin the old lady on a getaway weekend. Ill be back on monday to continue this argument if need be. Ill be singing the national anthem on my way out the door. later


gogoamerica
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:03 pm
Ok, its 1:53am and Im bored of you now.........so Im going to bed.

Just to be clear, the reason for this "argument" was because old "gogogadget brain cell" over here tried to state that 99% of the police and military are good people.

And I just asked how that could possibly be true and in my opinion is quite a display of naivity.

It was turned into this overblown, biased, emotionally charged, waste of time, by the above mentioned fellow..........ohh yeah, and the taking of it to a personal level, aswell as the "English prick" insult.

For the record, and if this "person" had allowed me to explain without hurling ignorant comments and abuse at me, I would have detailed that I believe the percentage is more like 70% good.........ergo, they and their families have my respect in the sense that they have chosen to sacrifice their lives for something they feel is right............I dont agree with their choice but I respect that they have the right to it.

Ohh but again, Im only English (and a "lonely, un-loved, not wanted prick" at that) and we talk funny, so thats probably the problem.

gogogadget wrote:Ill be singing the national anthem on my way out the door. later


gogoamerica


Image

Wow, you should have finished that off with a "F*CK YEAH" or maybe a "YEEEEEE HAHHHH!!"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:08 pm
"America F*CK YEAH!!!" "Kickin A*s all over the world"

It is this kind of blind "Real America" ideology that is deadening our ability for any kind of critical thought in this country.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:14 pm
TMC, where are you you old American Cowboy! well , this argument is getting out of hand, and won't end. I respect soldiers for a lot of their bravery, but at the same time, many of them don't sign up to defend anything. Many of them sign up as a last resort. I feel sad more than anything for many of them. Also, you can't just take a whole entity and say you have to respect them and James, I don't think you can say I don't respect soldiers because they are puppets and this and that. Though, knowing you james, you're doing it to prove a point about someone being a blind patriot and what not. I'm rambling but my point is, you guys need to stop being LARRY's and agree to disagree.

On topic: that BART cop is a bitch for shooting a young father in the back for whatever reason he may come up with.

Good Day Sirs.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:Ok, its 1:53am and Im bored of you now.........so Im going to bed.

Just to be clear, the reason for this "argument" was because old "gogogadget brain cell" over here tried to state that 99% of the police and military are good people.

And I just asked how that could possibly be true and in my opinion is quite a display of naivity.

It was turned into this overblown, biased, emotionally charged, waste of time, by the above mentioned fellow..........ohh yeah, and the taking of it to a personal level, aswell as the "English prick" insult.

For the record, and if this "person" had allowed me to explain without hurling ignorant comments and abuse at me, I would have detailed that I believe the percentage is more like 70% good.........ergo, they and their families have my respect in the sense that they have chosen to sacrifice their lives for something they feel is right............I dont agree with their choice but I respect that they have the right to it.

Ohh but again, Im only English (and a "lonely, un-loved, not wanted prick" at that) and we talk funny, so thats probably the problem.


call it being naive all u want, but i do think 99% is far more accurate than 70%. There are a bunch of good people serving the arms forces (most not seeing war)... I think the media might make u think its much lower. remember that, there all branches of military. I have 6 friends serving the military, which includes one of my best friends. my brother probably will too when he's 18. My family is well educated, he's a smart kid, stays out of trouble. There all excellent people. Just because one chooses to serve his or her country is a choice of making a decision on one's life while avoiding others. I see it as, people go to the military to find themselves, to make there life better, rather than doing so in the home front. Of course, the media focuses on so much negetivity that u might lead to the notion that a lot of people are "bad", when theres probably not. Same goes for policemen and women. there 1.5 million people in the military of the USA. 30% is a big number of bad people.

But Bigs, i agree with ur complaints on the attacks you recieved from gogo... they were uncalled for.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest