New Years Eve BART shooting footage

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 am
just got back from tha town............boyyyyy i hate to see whats gonna happen if that pig gets off tha hook :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:53 am
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SK_C6gyunI[/youtube]
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:29 pm
Jackattack wrote:This situation is awful. That poor kid was only 22. The rent a cop's excuse was that he was trying to taze him but grabbed the wrong weapon accidentally. yeah sure. Do these people not get trained? I'm sure that is something that gets stressed in their training. He should go to jail for manslaughter one at least from what I've gathered of the crime.
I suppose the family should sue, although all the money in the world isn't going to bring their son back. Now more senseless violence. I hope the rioters come to their senses before more people get hurt or worse.


I have more than one issue with this

1. There was no reason to tase him, he was subdued...cops are getting ridiculously taser-happy and honestly it's getting out of control.

2. Police tasers have bright yellow on the outside of them, even an idiot could tell the difference with just a glance. Not to mention the difference in the weight and feel of the gun.

3. Like you said, these guys should be trained and should have fired both their weapon and their taser many many times throughout their training, not to mention the fact that you are not supposed to keep your taser and gun on the same side. There is no excuse for confusing them.

This whole case is absolutely ridiculous. This is murder and there's really no other explanation for it, I hope the riots force the DA into prosecuting the cop because otherwise they'll just try to bury it.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:33 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:This situation is awful. That poor kid was only 22. The rent a cop's excuse was that he was trying to taze him but grabbed the wrong weapon accidentally. yeah sure. Do these people not get trained? I'm sure that is something that gets stressed in their training. He should go to jail for manslaughter one at least from what I've gathered of the crime.
I suppose the family should sue, although all the money in the world isn't going to bring their son back. Now more senseless violence. I hope the rioters come to their senses before more people get hurt or worse.


I have more than one issue with this

1. There was no reason to tase him, he was subdued...cops are getting ridiculously taser-happy and honestly it's getting out of control.

2. Police tasers have bright yellow on the outside of them, even an idiot could tell the difference with just a glance. Not to mention the difference in the weight and feel of the gun.

3. Like you said, these guys should be trained and should have fired both their weapon and their taser many many times throughout their training, not to mention the fact that you are not supposed to keep your taser and gun on the same side. There is no excuse for confusing them.

This whole case is absolutely ridiculous. This is murder and there's really no other explanation for it, I hope the riots force the DA into prosecuting the cop because otherwise they'll just try to bury it.


Agreed,
there is no way you could mistake those 2 weapons. like I said earlier, maybe you could pull the gun on accident, but you could not fire it thinking it was the tazer.....2 completely different animals. I believe it will come out that his cop was poorly trained or had anger, over-reaction issues. dude is from my town....but I dont know him.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:34 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Jackattack wrote:This situation is awful. That poor kid was only 22. The rent a cop's excuse was that he was trying to taze him but grabbed the wrong weapon accidentally. yeah sure. Do these people not get trained? I'm sure that is something that gets stressed in their training. He should go to jail for manslaughter one at least from what I've gathered of the crime.
I suppose the family should sue, although all the money in the world isn't going to bring their son back. Now more senseless violence. I hope the rioters come to their senses before more people get hurt or worse.


I have more than one issue with this

1. There was no reason to tase him, he was subdued...cops are getting ridiculously taser-happy and honestly it's getting out of control.

2. Police tasers have bright yellow on the outside of them, even an idiot could tell the difference with just a glance. Not to mention the difference in the weight and feel of the gun.

3. Like you said, these guys should be trained and should have fired both their weapon and their taser many many times throughout their training, not to mention the fact that you are not supposed to keep your taser and gun on the same side. There is no excuse for confusing them.

This whole case is absolutely ridiculous. This is murder and there's really no other explanation for it, I hope the riots force the DA into prosecuting the cop because otherwise they'll just try to bury it.


you're right on with the taser stuff cap. Seems like cops are killing a lot of people with tasers too. It's like an easy getaway because they weren't using "lethal force" with a taser but it turns out to be lethal anyway. In this case, nobody can justify the shooting...nobody. A shooting is only justified when there is immediate danger, and nobody is that dangerously in such a defenseless position. He better be prosecuted. Either way I'm sure he's scared for his life, but you know what, I have sympathy only for his family, and not him. He took a father away from his child, and thats the worst part.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:25 pm
Jesus................two new angles of the pig shooting that guy =

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/12313 ... so_Screwed

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:47 pm
definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:52 pm
gogogadget wrote:definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons


you make a good point, in regards to policemen and policewomen... 99% of cops are good people, do the right things, obey the law, and should be respected. Same goes for firefighters, military personnel, etc... however, there bad apples everywhere, just like in every profession, and one shall not blame a profession for one person's evil deeds.

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:56 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
gogogadget wrote:definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons


you make a good point, in regards to policemen and policewomen... 99% of cops are good people, do the right things, obey the law, and should be respected. Same goes for firefighters, military personnel, etc... however, there bad apples everywhere, just like in every profession, and one shall not blame a profession for one person's evil deeds.


respek
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:21 pm
gogogadget wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
gogogadget wrote:definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons


you make a good point, in regards to policemen and policewomen... 99% of cops are good people, do the right things, obey the law, and should be respected. Same goes for firefighters, military personnel, etc... however, there bad apples everywhere, just like in every profession, and one shall not blame a profession for one person's evil deeds.


respek


99% of police, military are good people?................wow, thats is naivity at its most saddest level. :roll:

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:40 pm
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
gogogadget wrote:definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons


you make a good point, in regards to policemen and policewomen... 99% of cops are good people, do the right things, obey the law, and should be respected. Same goes for firefighters, military personnel, etc... however, there bad apples everywhere, just like in every profession, and one shall not blame a profession for one person's evil deeds.


respek


99% of police, military are good people?................wow, thats is naivity at its most saddest level. :roll:


excuse me? yes, 99% of police and military are good people. they keep drunk drivers off roads, make good arrests when they are needed, and fight wars for their country. Foot soldiers arent responsible for Iraq or any other stupid war. Thats the 1%. People like you make me sick. You get to sit in a cubicle all day and they are out on the street or at war putting their life on the line every day, and you're the victim? no
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:52 pm
gogogadget wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
gogogadget wrote:definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons


you make a good point, in regards to policemen and policewomen... 99% of cops are good people, do the right things, obey the law, and should be respected. Same goes for firefighters, military personnel, etc... however, there bad apples everywhere, just like in every profession, and one shall not blame a profession for one person's evil deeds.


respek


99% of police, military are good people?................wow, thats is naivity at its most saddest level. :roll:


excuse me? yes, 99% of police and military are good people. they keep drunk drivers off roads, make good arrests when they are needed, and fight wars for their country. Foot soldiers arent responsible for Iraq or any other stupid war. Thats the 1%. People like you make me sick. You get to sit in a cubicle all day and they are out on the street or at war putting their life on the line every day, and you're the victim? no


I didnt say I was a victim............and I do respect those police men/women who are honest and have good intentions.

But its a simple fact that more than 1% of them do not have the right intentions and are not doing the job the "right" way. Corruption, false arrests, unjust shootings are a daily thing and are committed by much more than 1%.

Dont get me started on soldiers! yes they are "foot soldiers" as you say, and are simply told to go to a far off land to fight phoney wars and murder innocent people.............but the simple fact again is that most of them are cowboys, un-educated and generally looking for an excuse to get away from poor lives and shoot some people.

Ps: My brother is a on the beat police man.............but that doesnt afford me the ignorance and naivity to pretend/think that 99% of them are good people.............in fact, it solidifies my opinion that its more than 1%, because he is a fantastic human and regularly tells me of the disgusting officers he has to deal with on a daily basis.
Last edited by bigstrads on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:53 pm
Let's not put a number like 99% out there. Let's just say there are good cops and bad cops. You can't deny either one. So lets not deny that there are bad cops and that an incident like this will happen again somewhere. I respect a good cop, but there are many that are racist pigs. I feel for the ones that actually care about protecting people of the community because they catch all the bullshit. So knowing a Bart cop does not mean people should hold their tongue, because they are referring to this guy, not every single one

Rookie
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:03 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:00 pm
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
gogogadget wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
gogogadget wrote:definitely not condoning what that cop did at all, but bart police have to go through the same training, academies, whatever to get their jobs as regular police do. Someone very close to me is bart police, so if we could stop calling them pigs and rent-a-cops it would be a lot more respectful to the 99% of cops that are out there for the right reasons


you make a good point, in regards to policemen and policewomen... 99% of cops are good people, do the right things, obey the law, and should be respected. Same goes for firefighters, military personnel, etc... however, there bad apples everywhere, just like in every profession, and one shall not blame a profession for one person's evil deeds.


respek


99% of police, military are good people?................wow, thats is naivity at its most saddest level. :roll:


excuse me? yes, 99% of police and military are good people. they keep drunk drivers off roads, make good arrests when they are needed, and fight wars for their country. Foot soldiers arent responsible for Iraq or any other stupid war. Thats the 1%. People like you make me sick. You get to sit in a cubicle all day and they are out on the street or at war putting their life on the line every day, and you're the victim? no


I didnt say I was a victim............and I do respect those police men/women who are honest and have good intentions.

But its a simple fact that more than 1% of them do not have the right intentions and are not doing the job the "right" way. Corruption, false arrests, unjust shootings are a daily thing and are committed by much more than 1%.

Dont get me started on soldiers! yes they are "foot soldiers" as you say, and are simply told to go to a far off land to fight phoney wars and murder innocent people.............but the simple fact again is that most of them are cowboys, un-educated and generally looking for an excuse to get away from poor lives and shoot some people.


ok we're not going to argue about what the exact percentage of good to bad cops is. thats over

but what you say about soldiers is such bullshit. You have no idea what the real world is, you have no idea what it means to be an american who is proud of their country and wants to serve, give their family some HONOR and help people like you. I dont car how fuckin radical you think you are, respect the fuckin soldiers and shut the hell up
Image

Fact: Brighton, England is awesome
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:01 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Let's not put a number like 99% out there. Let's just say there are good cops and bad cops. You can't deny either one. So lets not deny that there are bad cops and that an incident like this will happen again somewhere. I respect a good cop, but there are many that are racist pigs. I feel for the ones that actually care about protecting people of the community because they catch all the bullshit. So knowing a Bart cop does not mean people should hold their tongue, because they are referring to this guy, not every single one


I am not a fan of the police, but I realize that the majority......a huge majority of police are good. I would not want to put a number on it, but most are good people for the most part. Some may have agendas or may be in the field for the wrong reasons....but when something like this happens it is hard not to look at the entire group as negligent and unjust.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron