New Years Eve BART shooting footage

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:07 pm
TMC wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
The Coooach wrote:As some of you know, i work for BART. I was on vacation when this happened but I got the news on my Blackberry shortly after it happened. My job requires I get correspondence from BART central.

The whole situation is sad, pathetic and cut wrenching. I wanted to throw-up and cry when i saw the video. We BART employees don't know anymore than most of you. We are kept in the dark. I have been at work for all the rioting and protest. it has been a very scary scene around here. We have been told not to drive around in any vehicles with our ensignia and i have stop wearing any article of clothing with our ensignia.

I am sure i have heard a little more than most of you but I am not at liberty to say. All i want to say is that my heart goes out to the family of Oscar Grant. I sympathize for all of us innicent BART employees that have to face the wrath of the community when we had absolutely nothing to do with it. I even sympathize for the othe BART police officers who had no idea what was going on and now they have to face the wrath of our community.

I'm sorry I didn't read all your posts, just the first couple of pages before I post this. I don't know the officer personally although I'm sure our paths have crossed because I'm part of the new hire orientation team here at BART but i don't remember him personally. All i like to say that there are bad people and good people in every walk of life and you may not never know who they are until something like this happens.

Im sure everybody joins me in saying stay safe out there Reggie. Thank You for the insight and we look forward to hearing any news you might be able to share with us at a later time.

Thanks Always. As you can expect it is pretty stressfull at this time around here. I feel for the station agents who have to work by themselves at the BART station.

As a lot of uyou have said, the violence is coming from a few people who get a rise out of destroying property and run home to see if they can see themselves on the NEWS. Most of the protestors have been well organized and wellbehaved.

One point that I think that could have helped squelch a lot of this community anger is that BART should have apologized and sympathized immediately. This did not happen. Not admitting to guilt or innocence but saying something like " We are sorry for this horrible event and the death of Mr. Grant. We sympathize with the family as we continue our investigation. Nothing like this was said for several days after it had happened. Me and my fellow employees don't understand why BART didn't handle it this way

probably because that would mean they are admitting to the liability and they don't want to get sued, as heartless as it sounds it probably comes from that.

No, actually, it would help in case they were sued. I'm with Reggie here, I don't know why BART didn't, at least, extend their sympathies to Grant's family.

WoW what a perspective coooach, i most understand it is a difficult time for you being to closely tied to the incident. Sad that one person has smeared the entire force with his action. We can agree the relationship with the police force and oakland has always been in bad standing and this sensless act has blown the lid of the top. I wish not only the cops and also the city of oakland can take this incident and try and improve the relationship for the better.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:23 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:
TMC wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
The Coooach wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
The Coooach wrote:As some of you know, i work for BART. I was on vacation when this happened but I got the news on my Blackberry shortly after it happened. My job requires I get correspondence from BART central.

The whole situation is sad, pathetic and cut wrenching. I wanted to throw-up and cry when i saw the video. We BART employees don't know anymore than most of you. We are kept in the dark. I have been at work for all the rioting and protest. it has been a very scary scene around here. We have been told not to drive around in any vehicles with our ensignia and i have stop wearing any article of clothing with our ensignia.

I am sure i have heard a little more than most of you but I am not at liberty to say. All i want to say is that my heart goes out to the family of Oscar Grant. I sympathize for all of us innicent BART employees that have to face the wrath of the community when we had absolutely nothing to do with it. I even sympathize for the othe BART police officers who had no idea what was going on and now they have to face the wrath of our community.

I'm sorry I didn't read all your posts, just the first couple of pages before I post this. I don't know the officer personally although I'm sure our paths have crossed because I'm part of the new hire orientation team here at BART but i don't remember him personally. All i like to say that there are bad people and good people in every walk of life and you may not never know who they are until something like this happens.

Im sure everybody joins me in saying stay safe out there Reggie. Thank You for the insight and we look forward to hearing any news you might be able to share with us at a later time.

Thanks Always. As you can expect it is pretty stressfull at this time around here. I feel for the station agents who have to work by themselves at the BART station.

As a lot of uyou have said, the violence is coming from a few people who get a rise out of destroying property and run home to see if they can see themselves on the NEWS. Most of the protestors have been well organized and wellbehaved.

One point that I think that could have helped squelch a lot of this community anger is that BART should have apologized and sympathized immediately. This did not happen. Not admitting to guilt or innocence but saying something like " We are sorry for this horrible event and the death of Mr. Grant. We sympathize with the family as we continue our investigation. Nothing like this was said for several days after it had happened. Me and my fellow employees don't understand why BART didn't handle it this way

probably because that would mean they are admitting to the liability and they don't want to get sued, as heartless as it sounds it probably comes from that.

No, actually, it would help in case they were sued. I'm with Reggie here, I don't know why BART didn't, at least, extend their sympathies to Grant's family.

WoW what a perspective coooach, i most understand it is a difficult time for you being to closely tied to the incident. Sad that one person has smeared the entire force with his action. We can agree the relationship with the police force and oakland has always been in bad standing and this sensless act has blown the lid of the top. I wish not only the cops and also the city of oakland can take this incident and try and improve the relationship for the better.

thanks pup. I feel exactly the same way as you do.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:43 am
yes, it is really sad all the way around.

Continuing the story of my son's BJJ instructor who is a BART cop, they are taking so much abuse as you can imagine. Now they can only go to lunch places where they can see the cooks preparing thier food in front of them (places like Subway).

They get harrased everywhere they go and people with cameras rolling try to prevoke them into doing something. Really sad and unfortunate.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:45 am
bada wrote:yes, it is really sad all the way around.

Continuing the story of my son's BJJ instructor who is a BART cop, they are taking so much abuse as you can imagine. Now they can only go to lunch places where they can see the cooks preparing thier food in front of them (places like Subway).

They get harrased everywhere they go and people with cameras rolling try to prevoke them into doing something. Really sad and unfortunate.

wow!
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:52 pm
bada wrote:Continuing the story of my son's BJJ instructor who is a BART cop, they are taking so much abuse as you can imagine. Now they can only go to lunch places where they can see the cooks preparing thier food in front of them (places like Subway).

hahahahaha thats smart as ****.....if i worked at a burger joint n seen some bart police unis i would do all types of ridiculous **** to their food lol...good call on their part lol
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:39 pm
It's just sad to hear that. Thanks to one guys actions, it causes a wide group of BART cops to be abused, even though they had NOTHING to do with the incident.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum