Pawnograffiti vs the Bay Area - Dec 9 til Dec 22

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:45 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Hey all.... I'm out your way in the Bay Area for 2 weeks. Obviously im hear to check out some Raiders games and plan on getting to see the Warriors, But i'm gonna use this thread for suggestions of what i should get up to while im in the Greatest Region in the World.

Also feel free to mention your interest if you'd like to meet up and hang out with the most twisted person on this messageboard

This calls for a pub crawl... I'm going to the W's game with Joel in a couple of weeks.
I'm sure we'll be plotting and planning your demise then...

:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:53 am
Jackattack wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Hey all.... I'm out your way in the Bay Area for 2 weeks. Obviously im hear to check out some Raiders games and plan on getting to see the Warriors, But i'm gonna use this thread for suggestions of what i should get up to while im in the Greatest Region in the World.

Also feel free to mention your interest if you'd like to meet up and hang out with the most twisted person on this messageboard

This calls for a pub crawl... I'm going to the W's game with Joel in a couple of weeks.

jack that sounds awsome i'm sure with your guidance through the city we can have one for the records.....GOLDENSTWARRIORS.COM where we crawl HAPPENS 8)
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:55 pm
Jackattack wrote:

Are you a born and bread American Jackattack?

Cause from my understanding the term pub comes from predominately Australia and the Brittish...

I thought americans used the term Bar. Don't ever think i heard the term pub come out from an Americans mouth.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:57 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
Jackattack wrote:

Cause from my understanding the term pub comes from predominately Australia and the Brittish...

I thought americans used the term Bar. Don't ever think i heard the term pub come out from an Americans mouth.

i prefer the term....TAVERN
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:14 pm
JOEL wrote:
i prefer the term....TAVERN

Ah ok... i know the term tavern. very familiar with it.

But JOEL i must ask... why ain't you at the Panthers game? i guess you've got a wireless phone and is just surfing the net or maybe your having the week off because your boy Jamarcus Russell is injured?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:20 pm
my neighbors son is home on leave from the Army....I gave him and his girl my tic so he could take her......i'm just chilling waiting for the warriors game at 6
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:31 pm
JOEL wrote:my neighbors son is home on leave from the Army....I gave him and his girl my tic so he could take her......i'm just chilling waiting for the warriors game at 6

damn you joel, could you be any freakin nicer? hahaha

So Pawno, how much of the bay area are you plainning on visiting?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:37 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
JOEL wrote:my neighbors son is home on leave from the Army....I gave him and his girl my tic so he could take her......i'm just chilling waiting for the warriors game at 6

haha my neighbor and i each have one seat to the raiders
games so its his son thats home on leave.....

it must suck to be over in the middle east without your girl.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:42 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:

I gotta see what my bedroom looks like in a American format... So i'll be taking in Alcatraz to see if it's worth the time doing the crime in the USA so i can maybe transfer here and be a fulltime Criminial :-P

I'll def be doing heaps of walks to goldengate bridge and golden gate park.

My Friendz say i gotta check out the Haigh for all it's zaney characters

& you know i'll prob be visiting Silicon Valley to check up on the whole Plastic Surgery scene.. Might even get a boobjob while im at it.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:43 pm
JOEL wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

definitely, gotta take care of our men and women overseas any way we can.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:44 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

I gotta see what my bedroom looks like in a American format... So i'll be taking in Alcatraz to see if it's worth the time doing the crime in the USA so i can maybe transfer here and be a fulltime Criminial :-P

I'll def be doing heaps of walks to goldengate bridge and golden gate park.

My Friendz say i gotta check out the Haigh for all it's zaney characters

& you know i'll prob be visiting Silicon Valley to check up on the whole Plastic Surgery scene.. Might even get a boobjob while im at it.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Silicon Valley, not SILICONE valley pawno. haha, you can still get or see a nice pair of fake ones anyway.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:45 pm
JOEL wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Yeah it must suck being without your girl, but also suck being without any girls...

I know theres girls in the army and that, but i don't imagine the intake/admissions would be that high.

So the ratio of men to women would suck. But it's a very honorable thing to do though bro... i just hope a Raiders win for a soldier who deserves it (unless of course his a panthers fan, then i hope the Raiders lose by 30)

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:01 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
JOEL wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

the only time i would give my ticket away to a fan from another team would be to bada....so he could feel the cold beer getting poured out on to his head :mrgreen:

Yeah it must suck being without your girl, but also suck being without any girls...

I know theres girls in the army and that, but i don't imagine the intake/admissions would be that high.

So the ratio of men to women would suck. But it's a very honorable thing to do though bro... i just hope a Raiders win for a soldier who deserves it (unless of course his a panthers fan, then i hope the Raiders lose by 30)

the only time i would ever give away a ticket to another teams fan would be to bada....he would prolly wear his " i hate al davis" tee shirt...then he could feel the cold beer getting poured over his head :shock: :mrgreen:
Last edited by JOEL on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:19 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
Jackattack wrote:

I grew up in the midwest of the U.S., Pawno, and moved to the west coast in 1990. I've traveled a fair amount as well.

Tavern, Bar, and Pub are pretty interchangeable for me. To me a tavern or pub suggests more of down home neighborhood on the corner drinking hole, rather than a club or bar which suggest more of a downtown, or hotel bar, or dance club, or a music dive. But Bar can also be more of a generic term for all of the above. My Dad calls them saloons... ::lol: more for fun than tradition though...

We have a lot of fake "Irish Pubs" in the states that will make you laugh.
Often times they are nothing more than a neon lit sports bar in a strip mall with some green paper clover leaves taped up between the beer mirrors left over from st. patty's day 1986. They all have obnoxious names like Dooley O'Higgin's, or Murphy's Law... ::lol:

I'll take you guys to a few of SF's more reputable pubs and a couple of dives as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Jackattack wrote:We have a lot of fake "Irish Pubs" in the states that will make you laugh.
Often times they are nothing more than a neon lit sports bar in a strip mall with some green paper clover leaves taped up between the beer mirrors left over from st. patty's day 1986. They all have obnoxious names like Dooley O'Higgin's, or Murphy's Law... ::lol:

Haha... we have lots of those fake pubs, too. Places called McCarthy's or Murphy's or O'Donnell's... They invariably end up being exactly the same as the rest of the pubs in the area. Just have a more "international" name.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum