Important Time.......Coming Soon.

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What Do You Think About Sf's Return? How Are you Going To Act?

I Couldnt Care Less, Let Him Believe What He Wants.
15%
I Dont Think His Comments Were That Bad, So He Should Be Allowed Back Without Trouble.
No votes
I Agree With What He Said.
No votes
I Dont Like What He Said But I Wont Say Anything To Him About It
30%
Im Going To Get Militant On His Ass.
55%

Total votes : 20

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:09 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:ok, well one more point, and i guess mainly for you james.... I'll ignore him , mainly because i feel the mods will take proper actions if he becomes an issue. I know that it won't get out of hand and so i have no reason to associate with him if he is back. If for some reason he came back and was being an ass and he was the same or worse as before, then I probably wouldn't be on the boards much if at all.

Thats the key word in what you said there bud............the whole "if it happens again" thing is what I cant really get onboard with.

But as TMC says, come Novemeber 19th, the mods would have been discussing it/made a decision and we may not have to deal with it all.

The mods decision process will obviously be what they feel is best for the board, and to have a populus that is second guessing themselves and biting their tongues, or at best ignoring someone who used to/will again post a hell of alot............is not really a nice state to be in.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:25 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:ok, well one more point, and i guess mainly for you james.... I'll ignore him , mainly because i feel the mods will take proper actions if he becomes an issue. I know that it won't get out of hand and so i have no reason to associate with him if he is back. If for some reason he came back and was being an ass and he was the same or worse as before, then I probably wouldn't be on the boards much if at all.

Thats the key word in what you said there bud............the whole "if it happens again" thing is what I cant really get onboard with.

But as TMC says, come Novemeber 19th, the mods would have been discussing it/made a decision and we may not have to deal with it all.

The mods decision process will obviously be what they feel is best for the board, and to have a populus that is second guessing themselves and biting their tongues, or at best ignoring someone who used to/will again post a hell of alot............is not really a nice state to be in.

well, i don't want him back, so i'll choose to avoid him. so yes, it is an issue just having him back, however, if the other members choose to interact with him, that is not up to me. If he posts, then nobody has the oblilgation to respond, so it is up to the individuals, until the mods feel he has to go. That's my point. I feel just the same way you do james, you read the PM's and the personal issues i have with him. I don't have to talk to the kid, and i won't. He won't exist, but it is up to individual members how they want treat him.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:07 pm
It would be weird with him back as he is on such rocky ground with you. That said, a lot of his comments definitely warranted that rocky ground, including me who disagrees strongly with what he said. However, I'm not a mod, so their decision is final. I'll talk W's, but avoid any other discussions with him involving race.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:24 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

well, i don't want him back, so i'll choose to avoid him. so yes, it is an issue just having him back, however, if the other members choose to interact with him, that is not up to me. If he posts, then nobody has the oblilgation to respond, so it is up to the individuals, until the mods feel he has to go. That's my point. I feel just the same way you do james, you read the PM's and the personal issues i have with him. I don't have to talk to the kid, and i won't. He won't exist, but it is up to individual members how they want treat him.

i think one of the things bigs is bringing up is that not all the other members ( like the newer members) could make an informed choice as they are not aware of who sf3 really is........that is one issue that swayes me against his return......
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:38 pm
SF wrote some things that can't be overlooked, things that I wasn't aware of before. This forum wasn't meant to be a billboard for Nazis, Klanners, etc.

Remember that moron who sort of claimed he killed people? Some of what SF's thoughts are too close to that sort of lunacy and there is no way we can excuse it as an "interesting" topic or even to ignore it.

So, I vote go away.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:11 am
my thoughts

LET THE KID BACK!!! THERES A TIME WHEN YOU LOOK INTO YOUR UNDERPANTS AND REALIZE THERES PU8ES GROWING ON YOUR C0CK!!!

Let this be a learning experience in his life.. think of him as a science experiment. Like TMC said "if he plays up then he's gone" But BIGS give the kid the benefiet of the doubt and let him defend himself rather then you spreading your own hate campaign without him having a chance to defend himself.

I understand your gauging everyones thoughts on how he's return to society will affect other forum members but i really don't like that your creating a snowball of haterade on him. (i know the stunts he pulled were wrong and i threatened to quit myself, But as someone who's been banned/suspended from internet forums before i do know how it feels to lose a good thing)

This was sfsfsfgiants life and he did make friends here. He reminds me of a young me, always pushing the limits and looking for the next/last laugh. I believe in justice and i also believe in once justice is served then your innocent until proven guilty again!!!

Anyways if i can only make a suggestion and that is to my esteemed moderators. give the kid access to start off posting in the warriors, trade, sports and nba forums.. don't give him access to the off topic forums. We can see if he has anything valuable to add to the warriors or niners or any constructive critism he may feel needs to be addressed on my Raider Nation... But if he starts speaking **** about Mexican Raider fans like he has done before then i myself will deliver him to the depths of hell... But i just wanna give the kid a chance.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:13 am
You know, Pawno, the problem is that he would have to prove, without any shadow of doubt, that he's aware of how wrong he's been and realizes that he cannot have that racist point of view that he put on display on the board.

And, frankly, I don't how can he do that.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:21 am
TMC wrote:You know, Pawno, the problem is that he would have to prove, without any shadow of doubt, that he's aware of how wrong he's been and realizes that he cannot have that racist point of view that he put on display on the board.

Give him the opportunity too. and if he doesnt agree.

Then fail.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:08 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
TMC wrote:You know, Pawno, the problem is that he would have to prove, without any shadow of doubt, that he's aware of how wrong he's been and realizes that he cannot have that racist point of view that he put on display on the board.

Give him the opportunity too. and if he doesnt agree.

Then fail.

It's not my call, Pawno. It's hobbes'. I've already told him what I think we should do, but that's all I can do regarding this issue.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:09 pm
its a pretty wack situation,i just wanted to get my two cents in because ive been around here for close to a year now and i saw the whole thing happen and i was an active part in the whole "What song are you bumping thread" situation when his views were first made public.

Really thats the way he feels,and he wont change because he sees nothing wrong with it and thats the way he rolls.I think im the only one to,but i have spoken to sfsfsf since hes been suspended not on the level that it was prior to this but ive had a few chats with him about the election and some sports.And just for the record i completely disagree with his views i just really want to get that out their. But the thing is i think he should be let back but if he starts conflict then he needs to be removed i mean he deserves another chance.He was a big contributor but if hes going to come in and cause trouble then i dont think that should be tolerated.
In talking to sf when hes been under suspension he still ocasionally peeps around the board but not frequently,he did say he owes some apologies to a few people and i think he said he would make them.So he recognizes that he was out of line,so i think with that the kid is owed one more chance,im not defending anyone and im not taking sides,this is just my opinion.But as i said earlier if hes going to cause drama and such and we have to go through what happened last time than thats it.
It is a pretty stick situation though and thanks mods for handling it with the respect and consideration it deserves.
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:10 pm
And btw speak that was a pretty funny joke man,but heres a big shocker and when ive talked to him about this,the kid is liberal... :? yeah i know hes a big obama guy as wierd as that may sound
Go Ham
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 pm
webelieve wrote:And btw speak that was a pretty funny joke man,but heres a big shocker and when ive talked to him about this,the kid is liberal... :? yeah i know hes a big obama guy as wierd as that may sound

Yea, that is pretty shocking. But either way I respect ur last post. I also think he should be allowed back without restrictions (if we limit his postin we wont kno if he truly has changed)... let the little bigot come back and try to function as a member of the gsw society and we'll take it from there
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:04 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
webelieve wrote:And btw speak that was a pretty funny joke man,but heres a big shocker and when ive talked to him about this,the kid is liberal... :? yeah i know hes a big obama guy as wierd as that may sound

Yea, that is pretty shocking. But either way I respect ur last post. I also think he should be allowed back without restrictions (if we limit his postin we wont kno if he truly has changed)... let the little bigot come back and try to function as a member of the gsw society and we'll take it from there

thanks man
Go Ham
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:50 pm
Im sorry, but simply.............the kid is racist..............he doesnt know what he did wrong, he doesnt understand why white people would find what he said offensive.

Even if he never mentions it again...............why would we want someone like that here? :roll:

I would rather leave or be banned (for my responses to him if he returns) than share a web page with someone who spouts/belives/thinks such disgusting views are ok.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:41 pm
The problem with the way he views things is that many don't agree with it. And when that happens, disputes start up and turn ugly. We just can't be locking every thread that somethings comes up.

I could give you a rather large, long explanation to what I believe should happen for him and why I side with it, but I'd rather keep it private unless I'm asked by the majority of you all to see what I'm talking about.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum