XBOX 3 RED RINGS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:17 pm
I already know how many people have 360's, but how many of you have gotten the 3 red rings already? I've had it for a month, and a friend asked if he could try to fix it, I said hell why not I have a warranty. So He gave it back to me and it started working. I asked him what he did and he told me he did the towel trick. I'm sure you all know what that is. So I get it back and it works fine for two weeks, then the issues start happening again. Now I call 18004myxbox , and they are now sending me a repair box... would my system be rejected because of having the same issues, but having a friend do the towel trick
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 pm
the towel trick is fine. if you have the warranty they should replace your xbox. the only instance where they wouldnt replace it is if they found some internal damage like if you were trying to switch out the xbox. i actually have the red ring too...unlucky for me tho, ive had my box for 16 months..so no more warranty.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:07 pm
Everything I have read about the Red Rings...........states that Xbox will replace it (with a refurb of course) after 3 years, instead of the usual 1 year.

As it is so endemic in Xbox's, they decided to extend the warranty for this issue and this issue alone (although, I assume not if youve opened it up and screwed with it)

Here is a link to that announcement =

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/05/micro ... sufferers/

And a repair guide released a week or so ago =

http://www.morearnings.com/2008/09/19/x ... air-guide/

Ps: Ive never had it...........although I had to buy a new Xbox last week because my disc drive was failing, causing constant crashes, and it was out of warranty and not covered by the extended. :roll: :banghead:

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:22 pm
I got the 3 rings of death last year. They shipped out a box to put my xbox into, then I shipped it back to them. From the time I reported the issue to the time I was playing a brand new system was about 3 and a half weeks. It was a LONG three and a half weeks... I had a fresh copy of NBA 2K8 waiting.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:11 pm
I had a three rings last year when I received my copy of Madden 08. Had to wait about 2-3 weeks until I finally got it back. I've never done the towel trick, but my does it all the time and he's fine.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:26 am
xbay wrote:I had a three rings last year when I received my copy of Madden 08. Had to wait about 2-3 weeks until I finally got it back. I've never done the towel trick, but my does it all the time and he's fine.

eventually the towel trick will stop working. if your friend still has the warranty, id suggest getting it switched asap. if not ill PM you an idea that works and you can shoot it over to your friend if you want.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:41 pm
So the box is on the way... but my xbox wont consistently have the red rings, if it gets there without the red rings i know they will send it back... but after a day or so of working, the red rings will come up again... then disappear the next day and so on. I getting tired of playing games with my xbox. I just want it to die and stay red, i dont want it to show any signs of life.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:21 pm
ok so Mr. Crakerz is my witness. i got mine yesterday, i used the towel trick today and its working. I got mine for xmas and box is coming soon.

Return to Off-Topic Forum