Where is the "what song you bumping right now" thr

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:05 am
*Edited by TMC*
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:13 am
speakonitgod wrote:Ok, not sure how the mods are gonna feel about this one, but I decided to change the thread from "music related" to "off topic" in general. Reason being is because this thread seems to attract a variety of conversation topics, some not even in the realm of music, so I figured why not have a thread where you can talk about anything and everything. From here on out you can post text/audio/video of whatever you like, as long as its within the board rules.

MY APOLOGIES... This was a excerpt taken from speakonitgod in the off topic thread... apparently he is responsible for the name change.

Same ole thread... Blander name.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:25 am
nice poll ha
Go Ham
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:39 am
Pawno, I've had to edit your post and erase the poll. That's just not suitable.

And we're dealing with it, bro. It's just that it takes some time to reach an agreement that works for everybody, but we expect to give you a final answer in a couple of days. Please, be patient.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:54 am
Yea tha title may be more "bland" but at least it now covers a more broad scope of discussion. Now people can talk about whatever they want instead of just music.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:09 pm
so what happens to this thread?

and where does my vote go? lol
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:43 pm
Dear TMC...

There was no need to edit my top post... sure deleting the poll i can understand, but my post bought to light issues that are going on this board and the fact that you deleted felt like the issue was getting swept under a rug.

until we see some action in regards to sfsfsfgiants racial comments, i'd like to tender my resignation from the board. i've had enough about the mismanagment going on at mod land (i dont have a short temper, but that was the final straw)

It just seems like the moderators here are a bunch of cliquey mates, who are gonna let **** slide with sfsfsfgiants just cause his a niners fan or a baseball afficando. There's no denying that his made some good friends in the nfl thread in you, bada and xbay but that shouldn't hide the fact that racial vilification should be allowed to go on at this board.

People, please continue to contact me on PM. But until i get a answer on what your going to do with the child. i just don't feel like contributing when this place is being run by a bunch of monkeys ( and my monkey reference has nothing to do with skin colour, but rather organizational structure )

PawnoG signing out!!!

PS: he shouldn't be banned, just suspended... i like sfsfsfgiants, but he needs to grow up and growing up means learning from ones mistakes.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:54 pm
well said my man, hope you don't go away completely. Or maybe catch you in an online madden league once i get it
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:31 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Dear TMC...

There was no need to edit my top post... sure deleting the poll i can understand, but my post bought to light issues that are going on this board and the fact that you deleted felt like the issue was getting swept under a rug.

until we see some action in regards to sfsfsfgiants racial comments, i'd like to tender my resignation from the board. i've had enough about the mismanagment going on at mod land (i dont have a short temper, but that was the final straw)

It just seems like the moderators here are a bunch of cliquey mates, who are gonna let **** slide with sfsfsfgiants just cause his a niners fan or a baseball afficando. There's no denying that his made some good friends in the nfl thread in you, bada and xbay but that shouldn't hide the fact that racial vilification should be allowed to go on at this board.

People, please continue to contact me on PM. But until i get a answer on what your going to do with the child. i just don't feel like contributing when this place is being run by a bunch of monkeys ( and my monkey reference has nothing to do with skin colour, but rather organizational structure )

PawnoG signing out!!!

PS: he shouldn't be banned, just suspended... i like sfsfsfgiants, but he needs to grow up and growing up means learning from ones mistakes.

First, I agree the issue needs to be known and brought out in the open but Pawno..............2 things.

1 - This decision is out of the mods hands, yes they have the power to ban now (and its only been a month or so since they acquired it) but this decision is Hobbes and Hobbes alone, due to the nature of the poster (ie: his frequency and traffic he creates on this board............ergo, its good for Hobbes to have him around)

2 - DO NOT! take a lack of action/words as an advocation of what Sf has said.............and DO NOT think there is ANY favouritism when it comes to comments of this nature.............I can assure you that if the mods were not as tactful and respectful of this place as they are, then they would have voiced some serious sh*t about this.

This issue is a very complex one..............whilst at the same time not being very comlex at all given the rules of our board regarding racist comments............so Im sure you can understand it takes some thinking before action is taken (and also, that this is ultimately not the mods teams decision, and that they may have voiced there feelings and are just awaiting a decision)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:02 am
Firstly, I never would have imagined that my 2000th post would be a "welcome back" post.

I firstly want to apologize to TMC, Bada, Xbay and i suppose Hobbes as well (The Mod Squad) i didn't know the issues surrounding how people can get banned and that all final approvals were to go thru Hobbes ( i understand Hobbes Corleone can be a very busy man )

I was just angered that my original thread was edited and i should also say it was way out of line me making that poll (but i was hoping the poll would bring to light the seriousness of it all)

But to call the Moderators hiarchy a bunch of monkeys is a bit over the top and i hope all 4 of you's accept my apology.

I just wanted to say in closing that i think the punishment for his actions was fair.. I always wanted to see him suspended and not banned because i think the kid has been a valuable contributor to the board more times then his been a pest. and sometimes all you need is a clip over the ears to straighten out ones life.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:51 am
Action has been taken. As Bigs stated above, this has been something we have been discussing at great length for the last couple weeks before making a decision. Without getting into detail, the mods and myself are in full agreement that what was said was completely out of line and should not be tolerated, ever. However, this was a very complex decision for a variety of reasons, and it took a while to reach a final decision which was made last night.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:55 am
Don't worry, pawno. I understand what happened and why you felt like you did. My mistake if I didn't explain correctly why I edited your post.

And congrats on your 2000th post, bro. :D

Return to Off-Topic Forum