Madden 09

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:31 pm
Thoughts?

The graphics are very realistic... but gameplay appears to be very arcadey,
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:26 pm
I may get it if I can find it. My problem is finding it.

Gameplay is always arcadey, though, so that doesnt surprise me. I'll let you know more about my thoughts on it if I do get it.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:29 pm
Madden has always had its flaws. 07 sucked, 08 took a step forward... 09 looks fine, though I do agree, it looks like an arcade game... not that it matters to me. But nevertheless, I'll take it.

For everyone that gets Madden 09 for the 360... we should start up an online league. That'd be cool.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:55 pm
xbay wrote:Madden has always had its flaws. 07 sucked, 08 took a step forward... 09 looks fine, though I do agree, it looks like an arcade game... not that it matters to me. But nevertheless, I'll take it.

For everyone that gets Madden 09 for the 360... we should start up an online league. That'd be cool.


I'm totally keen for that!!!

GAMERTAG: hiphopothomas

Yo one feature i love about it is when you throw the deep ball, it has more of a rainbow arch feel to the throw and you can position your Cornerbacks better for the INT'S

Although game is definately more challenging as the tackle button doesn't nessecarily mean yu'll wrap them up and take them to the ground.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:16 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:Madden has always had its flaws. 07 sucked, 08 took a step forward... 09 looks fine, though I do agree, it looks like an arcade game... not that it matters to me. But nevertheless, I'll take it.

For everyone that gets Madden 09 for the 360... we should start up an online league. That'd be cool.


I'm totally keen for that!!!

GAMERTAG: hiphopothomas

Yo one feature i love about it is when you throw the deep ball, it has more of a rainbow arch feel to the throw and you can position your Cornerbacks better for the INT'S

Although game is definately more challenging as the tackle button doesn't nessecarily mean yu'll wrap them up and take them to the ground.


Alright, I'll add you.

Running the ball seems a bit harder this year, though... to me at least. Running outside, trying to go through the gap... it's pretty tough. All the other years, it seemed easy. But now, you have to earn those 100 yards rushing.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:21 am
xbay wrote:Madden has always had its flaws. 07 sucked, 08 took a step forward... 09 looks fine, though I do agree, it looks like an arcade game... not that it matters to me. But nevertheless, I'll take it.

For everyone that gets Madden 09 for the 360... we should start up an online league. That'd be cool.


i liked 07 the best... = \
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:52 pm
I got it today. I am trying it out now. Let me know if you want me to make the league.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:06 pm
I think we should wait until we have a few more people that can join. So far we got...

pawno, xbay, JayPat, sf... perhaps more?

Having 6 teams would be nice.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:17 pm
I won't get it this year, so don't expect for me to join... :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:20 pm
You don't even have a console... so I'd never expect you to join anything except fantasy leagues. :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:02 pm
I am thinking about moving my Niners franchise into a city where they could get more fan support. I narrowed it down to two choices, both of which really want me there: Los Angeles, California, and Mexico City, Mexico. Los Angeles has about 3.6 million people in it, and Mexico City has almost 9 million, compared to 700,000 in San Fran. I can get an amazing state-of-the-art stadium with the city paying for most of it. All I will have to do is pay about 25 million to get it done.

By the way, I did change my coaching staff. I hired Mike Singeltary to be my defensive coordinator. I then hired Frank Gansz, former special teams coordinator with SMU to be my special teams coordinator. I needed a head coach, so I hired Jim Bates, a coach of 37 years, to be my head coach. He is a good defensive guy that also knows about the offense.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 pm
if you move them to la....oh man....youl hear about it :mrgreen:
Go Ham

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I am thinking about moving my Niners franchise into a city where they could get more fan support. I narrowed it down to two choices, both of which really want me there: Los Angeles, California, and Mexico City, Mexico. Los Angeles has about 3.6 million people in it, and Mexico City has almost 9 million, compared to 700,000 in San Fran. I can get an amazing state-of-the-art stadium with the city paying for most of it. All I will have to do is pay about 25 million to get it done.

By the way, I did change my coaching staff. I hired Mike Singeltary to be my defensive coordinator. I then hired Frank Gansz, former special teams coordinator with SMU to be my special teams coordinator. I needed a head coach, so I hired Jim Bates, a coach of 37 years, to be my head coach. He is a good defensive guy that also knows about the offense.


remember, u also got to account salaries people in the area make. People in SF are willing to play more for tickets them Mexico or LA. Thats why they have that average income stat
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:57 am
xbay wrote:You don't even have a console... so I'd never expect you to join anything except fantasy leagues. :wink:


Details, details... :wink: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:59 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:You don't even have a console... so I'd never expect you to join anything except fantasy leagues. :wink:


Details, details... :wink: :mrgreen:


Well... I just had to throw it in. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron