Madden 09

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:31 pm
Thoughts?

The graphics are very realistic... but gameplay appears to be very arcadey,
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:26 pm
I may get it if I can find it. My problem is finding it.

Gameplay is always arcadey, though, so that doesnt surprise me. I'll let you know more about my thoughts on it if I do get it.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:29 pm
Madden has always had its flaws. 07 sucked, 08 took a step forward... 09 looks fine, though I do agree, it looks like an arcade game... not that it matters to me. But nevertheless, I'll take it.

For everyone that gets Madden 09 for the 360... we should start up an online league. That'd be cool.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:55 pm
xbay wrote:Madden has always had its flaws. 07 sucked, 08 took a step forward... 09 looks fine, though I do agree, it looks like an arcade game... not that it matters to me. But nevertheless, I'll take it.

For everyone that gets Madden 09 for the 360... we should start up an online league. That'd be cool.

I'm totally keen for that!!!

GAMERTAG: hiphopothomas

Yo one feature i love about it is when you throw the deep ball, it has more of a rainbow arch feel to the throw and you can position your Cornerbacks better for the INT'S

Although game is definately more challenging as the tackle button doesn't nessecarily mean yu'll wrap them up and take them to the ground.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:16 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
xbay wrote:Madden has always had its flaws. 07 sucked, 08 took a step forward... 09 looks fine, though I do agree, it looks like an arcade game... not that it matters to me. But nevertheless, I'll take it.

I'm totally keen for that!!!

GAMERTAG: hiphopothomas

Yo one feature i love about it is when you throw the deep ball, it has more of a rainbow arch feel to the throw and you can position your Cornerbacks better for the INT'S

Although game is definately more challenging as the tackle button doesn't nessecarily mean yu'll wrap them up and take them to the ground.

Alright, I'll add you.

Running the ball seems a bit harder this year, though... to me at least. Running outside, trying to go through the gap... it's pretty tough. All the other years, it seemed easy. But now, you have to earn those 100 yards rushing.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:21 am

i liked 07 the best... = \
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:52 pm
I got it today. I am trying it out now. Let me know if you want me to make the league.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:06 pm
I think we should wait until we have a few more people that can join. So far we got...

pawno, xbay, JayPat, sf... perhaps more?

Having 6 teams would be nice.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:17 pm
I won't get it this year, so don't expect for me to join... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:20 pm
You don't even have a console... so I'd never expect you to join anything except fantasy leagues. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:02 pm
I am thinking about moving my Niners franchise into a city where they could get more fan support. I narrowed it down to two choices, both of which really want me there: Los Angeles, California, and Mexico City, Mexico. Los Angeles has about 3.6 million people in it, and Mexico City has almost 9 million, compared to 700,000 in San Fran. I can get an amazing state-of-the-art stadium with the city paying for most of it. All I will have to do is pay about 25 million to get it done.

By the way, I did change my coaching staff. I hired Mike Singeltary to be my defensive coordinator. I then hired Frank Gansz, former special teams coordinator with SMU to be my special teams coordinator. I needed a head coach, so I hired Jim Bates, a coach of 37 years, to be my head coach. He is a good defensive guy that also knows about the offense.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 pm
if you move them to la....oh man....youl hear about it :mrgreen:
Go Ham

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I am thinking about moving my Niners franchise into a city where they could get more fan support. I narrowed it down to two choices, both of which really want me there: Los Angeles, California, and Mexico City, Mexico. Los Angeles has about 3.6 million people in it, and Mexico City has almost 9 million, compared to 700,000 in San Fran. I can get an amazing state-of-the-art stadium with the city paying for most of it. All I will have to do is pay about 25 million to get it done.

By the way, I did change my coaching staff. I hired Mike Singeltary to be my defensive coordinator. I then hired Frank Gansz, former special teams coordinator with SMU to be my special teams coordinator. I needed a head coach, so I hired Jim Bates, a coach of 37 years, to be my head coach. He is a good defensive guy that also knows about the offense.

remember, u also got to account salaries people in the area make. People in SF are willing to play more for tickets them Mexico or LA. Thats why they have that average income stat
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:57 am
xbay wrote:You don't even have a console... so I'd never expect you to join anything except fantasy leagues. :wink:

Details, details... :wink: :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:59 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:You don't even have a console... so I'd never expect you to join anything except fantasy leagues. :wink:

Details, details... :wink: :mrgreen:

Well... I just had to throw it in. :mrgreen:
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum