russia occupying goergia

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:11 am
Puti wants in on the oil money, and to show bushie that he's not a lapdog.

What I find offensive and extremely hypocritical is our discredited not to be trusted president condemning Russia's actions with phrases that exactly describe what he did in Iraq five years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:31 pm
I started losing faith in Obama when he went against his church. But i dont think hes too left, in fact I would rather him be way more left.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:55 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I started losing faith in Obama when he went against his church. But i dont think hes too left, in fact I would rather him be way more left.

haha Obama is not Left. The guy is flip flopping to the right faster then Michael Phelps breaking his own records. Obama has been voting with the republicans on so many issues. He agrees with the Bush administration in regards to surveillance internally. I cant believe im saying this but McCain is right, Obama has lasted this far just because he is a celebrity. People have no clue who this guy really is.

As a democrat, incredibly disappointed this guy is representing the party. Hilary looking pretty good right now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:31 pm
Well, the democratic convention is in 13 days... so it looks like we'll get to find something out about him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:15 pm
xbay wrote:Well, the democratic convention is in 13 days... so it looks like we'll get to find something out about him.

well...there is an enormous amount out there on him, including two books, and more has been written on him and analyzed than on any candidate since at least Reagan. A lot of informative stuff available, once you weed through the psychotic hate emails and the fringe blogs. As for his positions, McCain is the poster child of flip flops (75 and counting now) so that is media spin to call Obama that. Anyone who reads or listens to Obama with any kind of fair mind, instead of spouting slogans, will have to concede that this harvard law review editor, constitutional law professor, US senator is a man of extraordinary intellectual gifts, and unlike McCain, who had a ghost writer write his books and all his speeches, Obama pens all his own words, and they are brilliant, thoughtful, nuanced. He talks to us like we can understand ideas larger than sound bites and slogans. I hope he is right, since McCain's entire campaign seems to be predicated on American voters having the intelligence and attention span of your average middle-schooler. .You can disagree with him on policy, but to buy into the Karl Rove-manufactured talking point of celebrity is to be suckered into the way the corporate media want to spin things.

As for Clinton, she was the least popular politician in the country, was a far less charismatic and inspiring candidate and engaged in the politics of the gutter (read the Atlantic Clinton campaign emails). Position-wise, she and Obama had basically identical voting records and platforms...

Obama is not remotely perfect, but he is the closest we are ever going to get to having a progressive politician in this country become president. He is far more progressive thanm he is running right now, because he wants to win, so he is running to the center. Why? Because the 40% on the left and the 40% on the right are going to vote Dem and Republican 99% of the time. It's the 20% in the middle, most of whom pay less attention to politics (the fabled low information voter) who are up for grabs. If Obama were a tall skinny white guy named Barry O'Brien he would be up 20 points right now, but he ain't, and that is why the race (which is secretly about race) is so close.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:34 pm
I think the biggest problem is he hasn't taken a stance on enough policies and he just hasn't done much within the realm of politics as of now. Not problems of mine but problems people see in him. Even tho he is putting winning first I think it would have been a lot more powerful if he stood by his church.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I think the biggest problem is he hasn't taken a stance on enough policies and he just hasn't done much within the realm of politics as of now. Not problems of mine but problems people see in him. Even tho he is putting winning first I think it would have been a lot more powerful if he stood by his church.

Whats the big deal with a guy standing by his church? Does it even matter what he does? He could be Christian, Catholic, Muslim, or an Atheist. It doesnt really matter, as long as his ideas are good.

I'm not sure if that was what you were talking about, though.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:37 pm
Obama's pastor was found out to have made racist remarks towards white people. IMO it was perfectly justified but the media got real pissy about it and Obama denounced Wright. Also Wright's priest made some remarks about Hilary which led Obama to leave the church. U can watch that on youtube its hilarious imo. It would have been a lot more powerful imo if he just stuck with his church becuase I thought their was nothing wrong with wat Wright or his priest said. It also would have sent a message to the African American community, as well as racist white people.
Last edited by jimbob631 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:38 pm
jimbob631 wrote:Obama's pastor was found out to have made racist remarks towards white people. IMO it was perfectly justified but the media got real pissy about it and Obama denounced Wright. Also Wright's priest made some remarks about Hilary which led Obama to leave the church. U can watch that on youtube its hilarious imo.

A guy like that would be a cancer to Obama's campaign. It would get him more support to leave him and go off on his own rather than sticking with the church, as you suggested.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum