book rental service?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:12 pm
was just thinking. my sister does -alot- of reading, and spends like $1000 a year on just books alone. most of them she reads once and then never looks at again. is there any kind of like...video rental store but for books? would make things a lot cheaper, plus once a person has read one the next person can get enjoyment from it etc
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:15 pm
ur kidding right? Think about what u just said.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:24 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:was just thinking. my sister does -alot- of reading, and spends like $1000 a year on just books alone. most of them she reads once and then never looks at again. is there any kind of like...video rental store but for books? would make things a lot cheaper, plus once a person has read one the next person can get enjoyment from it etc

it's called the local libary
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:29 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:was just thinking. my sister does -alot- of reading, and spends like $1000 a year on just books alone. most of them she reads once and then never looks at again. is there any kind of like...video rental store but for books? would make things a lot cheaper, plus once a person has read one the next person can get enjoyment from it etc

it's called the local libary

:mrgreen:

And, if you dare, you can try to download books in pdf. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:02 am
:shock: .......................wow.........................Im voting this one for thread of the year, just perfectly ridiculous enough to win.

I suppose most libraries are being shut down nowadays anyway, as they are just boring arent they, and dont have visual aids, which is there fatal downfall really. :roll:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:35 am
bigstrads wrote::shock: .......................wow.........................Im voting this one for thread of the year, just perfectly ridiculous enough to win.

I suppose most libraries are being shut down nowadays anyway, as they are just boring arent they, and dont have visual aids, which is there fatal downfall really. :roll:

Trust me i have got off on the sight of many librarians.

It's really quiet and you can get into your own fantasy land with a hot 50 year old bending over and putting a book on the top shelf or bottom shelf.

i mean i know most librarians look like they belong at bingo parlours... But the visual aid is knowing that even though they're old and crusty they just looking to be pounded in the non fiction section.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:34 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
bigstrads wrote::shock: .......................wow.........................Im voting this one for thread of the year, just perfectly ridiculous enough to win.

It's really quiet and you can get into your own fantasy land with a hot 50 year old bending over and putting a book on the top shelf or bottom shelf.

i mean i know most librarians look like they belong at bingo parlours... But the visual aid is knowing that even though they're old and crusty they just looking to be pounded in the non fiction section.

yeah , that's pretty awesome when a chick can bend over and put a book on the top shelf.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:50 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

yeah , that's pretty awesome when a chick can bend over and put a book on the top shelf.

Indeed that would be a sight.............."thats a HUUUUUUUGE bitch!" :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:11 pm
Kindle, the electronic reader from Amazon. I don't have one, but the reviews are very good. Easy and inexpensive downloads. Also, lots of used books out there, but of course most of them aren't the latest thing. Charitable organizations have them in their stores.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:26 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

Haha LOL... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to Off-Topic Forum