Favorite drunk food

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:37 am
Don't tell WeBelieve... he won't Believe it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:30 am
Nice thread! I especially agree with the Jack-in-the-crack drunk food deal --- however, I usually get about 2-3 Jumbo Jacks and scarf those down when I'm heavily intoxicated. Also, Munchies (the cheese ones) are pretty damn good too when stuck at home and can't get anyone to take you anywhere.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:20 pm
I use to live by SDSU.... and outside of the University is reletively ghetto. So there was this Mexican food place, which the health department must have missed, cuz sanitation didnt look too good.

But anyways the place was open 24/7/365 and obviously in the wee hours of the night, me and my buddies would walk down there to get Carne Asada Fries, topped with melted cheese with guacamole and sour cream. They were delicious. Obviously, you have to be drunk to eat them, because the look of them was that they were spoiled or whatever, but every weekend that was the spot!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:28 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I use to live by SDSU.... and outside of the University is reletively ghetto. So there was this Mexican food place, which the health department must have missed, cuz sanitation didnt look too good.

But anyways the place was open 24/7/365 and obviously in the wee hours of the night, me and my buddies would walk down there to get Carne Asada Fries, topped with melted cheese with guacamole and sour cream. They were delicious. Obviously, you have to be drunk to eat them, because the look of them was that they were spoiled or whatever, but every weekend that was the spot!

Those are the best places! My favorite is Philberto's, but sometimes the line is too long and we just go to Sombreros.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:29 pm
best hangover bowl.... PHO!!!!
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:17 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I use to live by SDSU.... and outside of the University is reletively ghetto. So there was this Mexican food place, which the health department must have missed, cuz sanitation didnt look too good.

Those are the best places! My favorite is Philberto's, but sometimes the line is too long and we just go to Sombreros.

yeah they always had the best names these family owned places... I wonder if they hired an Ad Agency for consulting?: Senor Panchos, AlbertTacos, Trujillos, Tapatios (along with C.J.'s Philbertos and Sombreros)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:20 pm
8th ave wrote:best hangover bowl.... PHO!!!!

I love PHO!! both the msg and non msg kind.

tell me, where is the best PHO in SF?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:13 pm
Jackattack wrote:

i cant help you out in sf... but if you ever come down to oakland... theres a good pho spot right across the street from the 22nd burrito truck... 22nd and international to be exact... the pho there is served really fast... its a yellow banner, the only pho spot on the street... you HAVE to try it

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:31 am
8th ave wrote:
Jackattack wrote:

i cant help you out in sf... but if you ever come down to oakland... theres a good pho spot right across the street from the 22nd burrito truck... 22nd and international to be exact... the pho there is served really fast... its a yellow banner, the only pho spot on the street... you HAVE to try it

A couple of my homeboy's eat Pho every Sunday morning to recover from Friday and Saturday drinking binge.

I'm prefer Dim Sum for hangovers. Between the grease and tea, it makes living tolerable again.
Last edited by Linc Mob on Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:29 pm
i hate dim sum... i'll eat the simple dishes like fried rice or chow fun or something... but dim sum is too much for me...

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:37 pm
8th ave wrote:i hate dim sum... i'll eat the simple dishes like fried rice or chow fun or something... but dim sum is too much for me...

My grandparents used to go all the time when I was little. I got used to it I guess. I love the shumai, hargow, and baked pork buns.

I've never actually had a bowl of Pho. When I go with my friends I always end up eating something else. It looks good but seems like an awful lot of food to eat on a hangover.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:54 pm
dude... you have to try it... besides nails and hair salons, pho is the best thing vietnamese people have to offer.

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:59 pm
8th ave wrote:dude... you have to try it... besides nails and hair salons, pho is the best thing vietnamese people have to offer.

Id like to add that Vietnamese people also offer a healthy reminder that the US military isnt invincible! :mrgreen:

(A little below the belt? ahh screw it...........thats my humour, you all know me, and if you dont..........tis me Im affraid. :wink: )
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:00 pm
The only time I ever got food poisoning was from Pho...I'm not a fan.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:06 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:The only time I ever got food poisoning was from Pho...I'm not a fan.

its all gravy... cant expect everyone to like it... but im sure you've had your nails done by viet people...lol... you can thank all my aunties and cousins for that

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum