XBox Live accounts

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:41 pm
Anyone have XBL and play regularly?

I'm usually playing either Halo 3 or NBA 2k8.

My GT is IVL 0wnd j00 (those are all ZEROS, not OOOO's)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:43 pm
Check the "Call Of Duty 4" thread bud, all the gamer tags for us are on the first page.

Im a 360'er but Im on Call of Duty 4, maybe NBA Live 08 sometimes...........oddly enough, the two rival games to your two, and the better ones too. :wink:

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:50 pm
Suure they're better. I can kind of agree on COD4 cause that is fun as hell. But cmon, NBA live over 2k8? I loved the 2k series ever since Dreamcast! NBA 2k over the internet with dial-up!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:57 pm
MC99 wrote:Suure they're better. I can kind of agree on COD4 cause that is fun as hell. But cmon, NBA live over 2k8? I loved the 2k series ever since Dreamcast! NBA 2k over the internet with dial-up!

Well, COD4 is the greatest FPS.............ever, so thats not up for debate. :wink:

The Live vs 2k stuff..............yeah, there are real divided camps on those, Im not a "Buy Live or die" guy...........I usually try both games and see which I like the controls and movement of more, and its usually Live...........the first was a I got was NBA Live 94 on the Megadrive (didnt you guys call the Megadrive something else in the US?)

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:03 pm
Maybe Jaguar? no idea what a mega drive looks like.

As for Live and 2k8, I'm in the same boat. I grew up with the 2k series and never began to like the Live system and generators.

For COD, I hated every single one before COD4. I'm hardcore halo fanatic, hence the Username (MC = Master Chief). Ask Viz how much i play, though i don't think he knows who I am just yet.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:09 pm
MC99 wrote:Maybe Jaguar? no idea what a mega drive looks like.

As for Live and 2k8, I'm in the same boat. I grew up with the 2k series and never began to like the Live system and generators.

For COD, I hated every single one before COD4. I'm hardcore halo fanatic, hence the Username (MC = Master Chief). Ask Viz how much i play, though i don't think he knows who I am just yet.

Ahh, I just looked it up..........it was called the Genesis in the US (dont know why it had to be different but it was)

With COD vs Halo and Love vs 2K, its all about whats suits the individual of course..........my tendancies are to like the Live controls and movements over 2K.

I liked COD3 alot, I love Halo but have never got into the online stuff (I only got mine sorted in Feb, and been on COD4 constantly since)...........didnt you think Halo 3 was too easy and all over too quick?

So your friends with Viz, and you play against him but he doesnt know you are who you are here?

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:19 pm
Yea, Viz doesn't know who I am. Once i saw the word Viz and that he was from Vallejo, I knew who that was. Maybe I'm wrong, but probably not.

Yea in Halo 3, either you die too fast or the enemy doesn't die fast enough. COD4, I've only played on PC. It feels like a heavier Counter-strike, but way more detailed and exciting.

The thing that gets me with FPS's is the whole teamwork aspect. Whenever i play COD, everyone runs off in different directions, but with halo i usually have a set plan with my teammates. I think it's all just instinct. I've grown up in the halo world, so it's kind of like trying to walk around on another planet when i play COD. Same goes for Live and 2k.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:28 pm
MC99 wrote:Yea, Viz doesn't know who I am. Once i saw the word Viz and that he was from Vallejo, I knew who that was. Maybe I'm wrong, but probably not.

Yea in Halo 3, either you die too fast or the enemy doesn't die fast enough. COD4, I've only played on PC. It feels like a heavier Counter-strike, but way more detailed and exciting.

The thing that gets me with FPS's is the whole teamwork aspect. Whenever i play COD, everyone runs off in different directions, but with halo i usually have a set plan with my teammates. I think it's all just instinct. I've grown up in the halo world, so it's kind of like trying to walk around on another planet when i play COD. Same goes for Live and 2k.

So like............Earth! :mrgreen:

Ive heard alot of crappy stuff about Halo 3 online, like glitching and general cheating and what not...........never really felt like it, and I have been literally obsessed with COD4 for the last 5 months, not been a single day I havnt played it.

I suppose it may just come down to what we experience first, as you say, you grew up with Halo/2K so it just.........well, your games.

I grew up with Live, so thats my conditioned preference, or at the very least, it just suits my style of play and wants out of a basketball game.

I think as I love COD4 so much, and have played it as much as I have............Im worried that nothing else is going to measure up, and Im going to think they are crap............I tried the new Battlefront, and thought the controls were awful.

Im looking forward to Gears of War 2 though, aint nobody who cant like that game!!!???...........not too excited about COD5, as they have gone back to the old people who made the ones before..........the only good thing about that is that they are going back to Infinity for COD6, and giving them 2 years to work on it...........OHH BABY!!! its gonna be good.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:38 am
Gamer tag : hiphopothomas
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:05 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Gamer tag : hiphopothomas

You being serious? With you, I never know. If that really is your gamertag, we need to get a game going.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:42 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

You being serious? With you, I never know. If that really is your gamertag, we need to get a game going.

Yeah that's my gamertag dude... add me.

But i don't play girlie games like Mario Kart and Crash Bandicoot so if you wanna step up to my plate you gotta be prepared for madden or nba 2k8...

Bring it on bitch.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:46 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

But i don't play girlie games like Mario Kart and Crash Bandicoot so if you wanna step up to my plate you gotta be prepared for madden or nba 2k8...

Bring it on bitch.

i'll be gettin madden pawno, bring your raiders on man

you should have COD4 too, what the hell is wrong with you?:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:21 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Bring it on bitch.

i just got on xbox live like a month ago and i was keen to buy call of duty but then i saw a advertisement and trailer for a new edition so im just gonna wait on that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:07 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Bring it on bitch.

i just got on xbox live like a month ago and i was keen to buy call of duty but then i saw a advertisement and trailer for a new edition so im just gonna wait on that.

Man, trust me, the new COD is gonna be ok...........but in no way comparable to COD4, which in my experience (all I play is first person shooters and sports games) is the best FPS ever!!!

The guys that made COD4 have not been retained to make COD5, as they are being given a break to come back and make COD6..........so trust me dude, you should get COD4 now, youll be able to get it relatively cheap at this point.........it will be worth every penny.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:43 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Bring it on bitch.

Whats wrong with Crash Bandicoot, I love the old ones.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum