lil wayne sucks big time!!!!!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:12 pm
jimbob631 wrote:Saying all rappers rap about drugs and sex is like saying all country artists are republican red necks.

I know it isnt what you want to hear, but most country singers are conservative rednecks. Even as a country fan, I can admit that. :mrgreen:

This point obviously isnt getting anywhere, though. You guys like rap, I think it is terrible. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:Saying all rappers rap about drugs and sex is like saying all country artists are republican red necks.

I know it isnt what you want to hear, but most country singers are conservative rednecks. Even as a country fan, I can admit that. :mrgreen:

This point obviously isnt getting anywhere, though. You guys like rap, I think it is terrible. :wink:

thats fine...you can think rap is terrible...its just the reasons that you give for why you think rap is terrible are a little ignorant, and some of us are just trying to have you recognize that. a lot of people say ignorant comments about country too, and id do the same thing to defend country music. im on both sides of the fence here bro.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:34 pm
Come on, guys. Can't be hating country. Call this song boring, just try. One of the best country songs ever. It is about pride of where you live, something that is not that common here in California.

Hank Williams Jr. "A Country Boy Can Survive"
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg[/youtube]

Also, another deep country song, but a good song, nonetheless.

Rhett Atkins. "Kiss My Country Ass"

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bwx5FXfJHvk&feature=related[/youtube]
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:44 pm
see.... i did not enjoy that at all... but im not giving ignorant reasons why country is trash...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:45 pm
Fair enough, I added one more, if you want to check that out. If you didnt like the first, you wouldnt like the second, though.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:46 pm
how do you feel about the confederate flag?

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:52 pm
Nevermind the pictures. I was talking about the song.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Nevermind the pictures. I was talking about the song.

The problem I have with what you've been saying sf, is that you don't seem to think that there are rap songs that can make people feel the way country makes you feel. There are a lot of rap songs that are heartfelt and empowering, but maybe only affect people that can relate to that certain situation. So go ahead and say "I DON"T LIKE RAP" but don't say its brainwashing or its garbage, because it's not all about the same crap thats on the radio. Just respect that, please.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Nevermind the pictures. I was talking about the song.

The problem I have with what you've been saying sf, is that you don't seem to think that there are rap songs that can make people feel the way country makes you feel. There are a lot of rap songs that are heartfelt and empowering, but maybe only affect people that can relate to that certain situation. So go ahead and say "I DON"T LIKE RAP" but don't say its brainwashing or its garbage, because it's not all about the same crap thats on the radio. Just respect that, please.

I never said that it was all bad. I feel like a lot of it is, though. Again, just my feeling.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 pm
just not my cup of tea...

common - love is...
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=q7uBvbfHQLc[/youtube]

lupe fiasco - hip hop saved my life
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=s26EEQ1_nLU[/youtube]

i recommend that you follow the lyrics while listening... because the tempo is a lot faster than country....

but yeah... these are the rap songs that im currently stuck on... i didnt even pull the old ones out yet :wink:

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:23 pm
Not a big rap fan myself, although in my youth I did enjoy some of it but I find as I get older, it has less appeal to me. I think that is in large part that the only time I really hear it is the mainstream commercialized variety.

I was turned off quite by the message and imagery of it... at least the mainstream stuff shown in videos and on the radio. I can relate to sfx3 that it all seemed to be about bitches, drugs, guns, and bling.

That is just SO FAR removed from the world I live in that I stopped being able to relate to it at all.

Also I cant keep up with the language and half the time have no idea what the F they are saying. I still to this day however pop in Public Enemy and enjoy it as much now as I did then.

It is a world that has passed me by but I am sure there are plenty of great artists that are not packaged to the mainstream and for people like me have never heard of them and that is unfortunate.

Oh, and I dont listen to country either as I can't get into that style of music either but sf... Willie Nelson has TONS of songs about weed. Dude smokes like 10 joints/day and once got high on the White House roof. Now that is SWEET!
Last edited by bada on Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:33 pm
bada wrote:Not a big rap fan myself, although in my youth I did enjoy some of it but I find as I get older, it has less appeal to me. I think that is in large part that the only time I really hear it is the mainstream commercialized variety.

I was only turned off quite by the message and imagery of it... at least the mainstream stuff shown in videos and on the radio. I can relate to sfx3 that it all seemed to be about bitches, drugs, guns, and bling.

That is just SO FAR removed from the world I live in that I stopped being able to relate to it at all.

Also I cant keep up with the language and half the time have no idea what the F they are saying. I still to this day however pop in Public Enemy and enjoy it as much now as I did then.

It is a world that has passed me by but I am sure there are plenty of great artists that are not packaged to the mainstream and for people like me have never heard of them and that is unfortunate.

Oh, and I dont listen to country either as I can't get into that style of music either but sf... Willie Nelson has TONS of songs about weed. Dude smokes like 10 joints/day and once got high on the White House roof. Now that is SWEET!

Good post, Bada. As for Willie Nelson, that is a good call. He is a throwback when it comes to country music. However, he is very old-school and he really isnt all too popular today. The new country singers dont sing about weed, at least not like Willie. Good call on him, though. I forgot about him.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:50 pm
music types should be used to meet the need...

lets say I want to take my wife out to the city for a nice meal...
we maystop in at a piano bar for drinks before dinner..

lets say I want go out for a more casual meal...I might stop at yoshi's
for some jazz and sushi.

lets say I'm in Chicago and want to take in the local sound..I might stay up till 2 am and hit Buddy Guys House of Blues.

I like all types and all have their place...

I will admit sf3 is in the know when it comes to todays country

watching the youtube clips..
hella made me want to load the quad in the back of my wheeler
grad a riffle and head out to the Trinity Alps and take down a buck
drink some coors light and sip on jack daniels....hell yeah...

any day of the week im in for quads, riffles, beer , jack, and country :D
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:15 pm
So some feedback on my songs? I got a couple, but I know more people love good old-fashioned country music than just me. :mrgreen:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:43 am
regarding the lil' Wayne debate let me just post this:

you should be able to fig out which side I'm on after watching this whole video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rCSMxMUavM[/youtube]

PS he sucks
anyone who can put their seal of approval on that hunk of garbage is not an artist. ppl have made the argument that "he's just trying to get paid" or "he's just trying to feed his kids thats why he makes this pop stuff".

No...No...No...No..........No

cream always rises to the top. if he makes a good song, ppl will like it and they will buy it, and they will go to concerts and the artist will be paid.

putting out music just to get paid is what sell outs do. sell outs just put out whatever will sell records. They're afraid of being unique because the audience may not like it. Sellouts know they're music isn't anything special, so they get all dressed up and sell an image cause its easy - you don't even need talent.

and I know most rappers are trying to get out of the ghetto, but I see most rapping as dudes who are too lazy to sing and can't be bothered to play instruments. back in the day you had to sing like James Brown or play piano like Erroll Garner - you had to have talent. Some guys do have good flow (common, Kanye, People under the Stairs, talib, lupe fiasco, mos def, outkast) but they are few and far between. some ppl have meaningful lyrics but they're also diamonds in the rough(public enemy, lauryn hill, 2pac, etc.). bottom line: hip-hop opened the door up to too many ppl. most rappers just sell an image and don't have any talent, it is hollow and ppl are starting to figure it out. I think rap is on its way out, 2020 its going to be gone. I'm calling it.

Everyone can't be famous... all this reality show, youtube Video Diaries, MySpace schit is getting f'ing nuts. I don't have a beef with any of you on this forum. I have a beef with the Tila Tequilas of the world. I have a beef with all the f'ers out there that want to be famous but don't wanna work hard to get paid.

I think good art has to connect with you on a deeper level or else its just a random collection of color / lines / shapes whatever. likewise music has to have a soul (and no you don't have to be black to have soulful music) - maybe I don't connect with it the way the artist does, but it makes me feel something when I listen to it (and "this would sound cool at a party" or "I can blast this out of my car stereo and ppl will think I'm cool" doesn't count. If you work hard enough at your music, people will respect your passion and you'll get great music. music like what I have above is the result of soulless music. no passion. no talent.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum