lil wayne sucks big time!!!!!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:12 pm
again, you cant only take some rappers and their "message" and account them for all rappers... any music of any genre can have "story" and "meaning"... even rap

for example... if i saw a black dude (or someone of any race) stealing a car, i cant assume that all black people are thieves.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:15 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
webelieve wrote:because you have listened to rap on the radio theres good stuff.so what exactly do country music stars give back to the society?

There are charity events nearly every week all around the country. They go to some of those better places in the midwest and sell their tickets, and they all go to a certain charity. They are getting together now with the fight for autism and spreading awareness. They go into some of those smaller cities in the midwest and in the south, places that really dont have a lot of money, park up in the middle of a field, and play. No cost, just show up.

What do rap artists do for anybody? Nothing. They make their money, get their women, their bling, their sh*t like that. They dont add a whole lot to society, other than their "do the b" songs. Most of them have not been to college, let alone finishing up their high school life. I would be willing to bet that almost every rap artist in America (sure, there are exceptions) have spent more money on drugs than they have on college. What do these people have to fall back on when they are done? Not a whole lot. For many of them, the only thing they have is their music. Once the talent leaves them, they have nothing. Even with their music, they are nothing.

coming from a point of view that enjoys listening to any genre of music depending on my mood, i can honestly tell you that rap and country are the same sh*t. both genres have people coming from rich backgrounds and poor backgrounds alike, both genres having people on drugs (rap predominantly marijuana and country predominantly cocaine), and sending similar messages to communities around the world.

there are a lot of greedy country stars out there as there are greedy rap stars as well. both communnities tho serve in community service and charities, so to say that rappers dont do anything for the community and that they are all uneducated, unintelligent, and drug-filled is a pretty ignorant comment. that is completely stereotypical and i am actually a bit shocked to have read that.

diddy and jay-z, i can assure you, would not be two powerhouse people in the MUSIC INDUSTRY (not just rap, but music industry) if they were unintelligent and uneducated.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 pm
E-Man wrote:coming from a point of view that enjoys listening to any genre of music depending on my mood, i can honestly tell you that rap and country are the same sh*t. both genres have people coming from rich backgrounds and poor backgrounds alike, both genres having people on drugs (rap predominantly marijuana and country predominantly cocaine), and sending similar messages to communities around the world.

I cannot speak for rap on how they view songs that have marijuana in them, but I can speak for country. The Country Music Association absolutely SHUNS anything having drugs or sex in it. Hank Williams III, a very good third generation singer, used to be popular, but when he started singing about drugs and sex, he was shunned. When he came out with a song called "Cocaine Blues," the CMA offically said, 'no more,' and his songs are no longer played on the radio. This shows how quick the CMA is to keep the music clean, like the should.

Country, especially on the radio, by no means, sings about cocaine, or any other drug. The only song I have ever heard (and I listen to country almost all day) is that "Cocaine Blues" song before it was banished. The worst it gets is alcohol, which is connected to country music, anyway. You would be hard-pressed to hear a country song with any explicit lyric. Rap on the radio, on the other hand, has almost every song about drugs and sex.

Also, Sean Combs has no collegiate degree, but at least he went, which is more than Shawn Carter can say.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 pm
i never said country singers sign about drugs and make songs about them...i merely said some are influenced by drugs. whether you'd like to admit it or not, a lot of them are. there are a bunch of musicians influenced by drugs and its ridiculous...all genres included.

oh and i have heard some country artists cover rap songs from snoop's "gin and juice" to outkast's "hey ya"...so just cuz you havnt heard it, doesnt mean its not out there. :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:28 pm
E-Man wrote:i never said country singers sign about drugs and make songs about them...i merely said some are influenced by drugs. whether you'd like to admit it or not, a lot of them are. there are a bunch of musicians influenced by drugs and its ridiculous...all genres included.

I'd like you to go into detail about that. What do you mean influenced by drugs? Also, some names?

Sure, some country artists have had drug problems in the past. I am not about to say that. But there is far and away more drug issues and less of an education in the rap world than in the country world, or any other world, for that matter.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:40 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
E-Man wrote:i never said country singers sign about drugs and make songs about them...i merely said some are influenced by drugs. whether you'd like to admit it or not, a lot of them are. there are a bunch of musicians influenced by drugs and its ridiculous...all genres included.

I'd like you to go into detail about that. What do you mean influenced by drugs? Also, some names?

Sure, some country artists have had drug problems in the past. I am not about to say that. But there is far and away more drug issues and less of an education in the rap world than in the country world, or any other world, for that matter.

when i say influenced by drugs, i mean have/had an addiction or altercation with drugs at some point in their career.

again, that is an ignorant comment to be said (the bolded part) cuz all music communities have the same problems. people associate it more with rap because, lets face it, the majority of the rap community that is recognized is of black descent, and that is what makes news. if 50 cent is caught smoking weed, he is "arressted and his house is searched for more" but if say garth brooks is caught with a sac of coke in his pocket he "has a problem and is going to rehab".

i would like to give you a list of names in regards to both examples as far as both country AND rap, but frankly, i dont have that kind of time. do keep in mind tho, SF, that i am not attacking you personally...just trying to have a civilized discussion :) . id actually like to read other's thoughts on it too. hopefully hear more from the country side of things considering more rap fans would be quick to defend their music.

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:28 pm
It's silly to even argue about rap. There are two different styles of rap. The mainstream plays the rap/hip-hop of sex, drugs, and dirty dancing. I don't enjoy that at all unless I'm at a club with some chicks on the dance floor. The other kind of rap/hip-hop is MC. The one with a REAL message. The reason why we don't hear it is because it's underground. If you actually listened to some, there would be songs that speak out against our government and the rest of the problems in society today.

In other words, you can't judge rap as a whole because that's just not fair. There's two different kinds of genre's in rap. You just gotta listen to the right one to make your judgement.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:12 pm
bigstrads wrote:Dont know who "bigstardds" is.............but Ill give it a go if youd like?

Lil Wayne.............sucks, nearly all of the commercial Hip Hop and R and B made in the last 5 years or so.............sucks.

There, we agree on something. :wink:

finally some people who know wassup and that Lil Wayne is brainwashing BS.
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:21 pm
tallboy12321 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Dont know who "bigstardds" is.............but Ill give it a go if youd like?

Lil Wayne.............sucks, nearly all of the commercial Hip Hop and R and B made in the last 5 years or so.............sucks.

Rap, as a whole, is a bunch of brainwashing BS.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:01 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
tallboy12321 wrote:

Rap, as a whole, is a bunch of brainwashing BS.

C'mon Sf don't just generalize man. It's not all like that, and it's not your thing to look deeper and listen to some good rap, then fine, but don't generalize it all. A lot of us don't get into country but I'm assuming it's not all what we see on the surface.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:11 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:C'mon Sf don't just generalize man. It's not all like that, and it's not your thing to look deeper and listen to some good rap, then fine, but don't generalize it all. A lot of us don't get into country but I'm assuming it's not all what we see on the surface.

Nobody trashes country because there isnt a whole lot to trash. Trash its boredom, sure, but I would rather have boredom than songs that tell you to "do the b."
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:54 pm
rap is powerful imo, those who who think it is bs have only been hearing about newer mainstream rap. Take public enemy, this is a great rap group that has a great political message and has influenced society as a whole.

And idk about people not trashing country, actually I think country gets trashed and made fun of more than any other genre of music.

Saying all rappers rap about drugs and sex is like saying all country artists are republican red necks.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:00 pm
jimbob631 wrote:I dont hate country, some country music is really good, but I don't like that some country music associates with certain southern ideals.

You dont like music that shows us how America should be acting? It is no coincidence that areas that are strong country supporters (Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri) have less violence than most other genres. The ideals are idealic, if that makes sense. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:I dont hate country, some country music is really good, but I don't like that some country music associates with certain southern ideals.

You dont like music that shows us how America should be acting? It is no coincidence that areas that are strong country supporters (Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri) have less violence than most other genres. The ideals are idealic, if that makes sense. :wink:

I changed wat i said there, wat i meant was that people can generalize about country like they can generalize about rap because a lot of country music talks about southern republican ideals.
Wat do u mean how America should act? Thats entirely an opinion, u can argue that rap music shows African Americans how oppressed they have been in society.
Last edited by jimbob631 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:07 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:C'mon Sf don't just generalize man. It's not all like that, and it's not your thing to look deeper and listen to some good rap, then fine, but don't generalize it all. A lot of us don't get into country but I'm assuming it's not all what we see on the surface.

Nobody trashes country because there isnt a whole lot to trash. Trash its boredom, sure, but I would rather have boredom than songs that tell you to "do the b."

Dude, you can't judge all of rap because of the mainstream crap that's on the radio. I actually used to be like you in that I pushed away anything that involved rap but I realized that just like a lot of popular rock bands are crappy nowadays, a lot of mainstream rap is too. And the songs about drugs and ghetto life are because the rappers who make those songs (at least most of them) grew up around that stuff. It's cool if you want to stay away from that subject and wanna stick around country, but generally rap is not brainwashing or crap. You can never really label a genre of music like that because people who aren't fans of the genre usually only see what's on the surface.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum