NCAA Football 2009

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:05 pm
webelieve wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
webelieve wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
webelieve wrote:**** were doing that...wel we can wait because me and my friend are rapped up in our offline im chasing my 150th win

i haven't even played in the last two days. I got #4 Texas at Texas today. I beat the #1 and #2 teams already, I'm 2 - 0 and not even ranked, what the hell is that?

thats wack

and i ended the season ranked #10 . I think i didn't get respect cuz they were home games, even though i swear i scheduled them away

yeah im pretty pissed i just went in to number 2 ranked nortre dame,beat them with the crowd going wild,my hb in heisman contention had another monster game,and my ****ing disc freezes

oh man, that's bad! haha , i had a funny experience during recruiting.... in the offseason, i have a few 4 star players interested. I get one QB, a WR, a Tackle, a Linebacker and corner to come to my school and my daughter happens to be standing near my xbox. The pretty green light catches her attention, and my screen goes blank! I had to do it over and I got the QB and CB only.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:06 pm
hahaha yeah that sucks...good thing your a cool and collective guy..me wooo man :wink:

yeah im with miss state right now bulldogs baby! :mrgreen:
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:08 pm
webelieve wrote:hahaha yeah that sucks...good thing your a cool and collective guy..me wooo man :wink:

I couldn't get pissed at my daughter, but man i was kicking myself for not saving. I do have a lot of good recruits interested now, and i have a CAL RB that transferred who is rated 86 or something, but he is sitting out this year of course. I desperately need a RB too
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:36 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
webelieve wrote:hahaha yeah that sucks...good thing your a cool and collective guy..me wooo man :wink:

I couldn't get pissed at my daughter, but man i was kicking myself for not saving. I do have a lot of good recruits interested now, and i have a CAL RB that transferred who is rated 86 or something, but he is sitting out this year of course. I desperately need a RB too

yeah im sure it was pretty funny
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:27 am
webelieve wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

yeah im sure it was pretty funny

I lost by 3 to #4 texas at Texas. My receivers had ?'s on them all day. My defense was too slow to stop them. I did have a 4 star QB and a 4 star WR commit during the season. I have a couple 5 stars and a few 4 stars who have me #1 or #2 on their list
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:34 am
oh yeah thats cool,well rob i have one of the most prestigous jobs in history.I left miss state went to flordia state on year national champs baby....and now im with....THEY Ohio State University :D
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:43 pm
Tavis, going to be back on tonight? I saw that you were on earlier today, which is why I ask.

I will probably be on for a while yet. I am tired, though, so I'm not sure how long I will be up.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:14 am
il be on tonight
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:22 pm
webelieve wrote:il be on tonight

Cool. I may be on tonight. There is some stuff I want to watch first, though. I should be on after ten at the latest.

By the way, you can take away your 'get well soon, sf.' :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:01 pm
I am doing better and better with my Army dynasty.

In 2008, I went 13-0 and finished with an Emerald Bowl win. I was ranked 15. My recruits were all 3 star. I was a 1 star program.

In 2009, I went 13-0 and finished with a Rose Bowl loss to USC. I was ranked 8. My recruits were mostly 3 star with one 4 star. I was a 2 star program.

In 2010 so far, I am 3-0 (beating Texas A&M). I am not ranked, but am right on the outside. My recruits are a mix. I have two 5 stars, seven 4 stars, and one 3 star, a QB. I am a 3 star program.

Also, I am getting some good transfers coming in here. A RB from Michigan who is ranked 87. A WR from Virginia Tech who is ranked 86. I hate that transfer rule, though. Let them play! My RB was a sophomore last year, but he had redshirted his first year because, well, it's Michigan. He wasn't going to play, anyway. He decided to transfer here after his sophomore season. He already used his redshirt year, so he will completely miss his junior year. I will only have him for one year. That sucks.

At any rate, my team is getting better. I do have a tough decision after this season. My three year contract is running out after this year, and I have been getting some big name schools coming after me. LSU, Michigan, and Nebraska all have called wanting me to go there. I would, but I am not sure I want to. My Army team has been getting better every year, and I dont think I can leave. I have a fun team to play with, a good recruiting circle now, and some serious talent. (Well, not a whole lot of talent, but they are MY talent. :wink: ) I will see how this year goes. Should be interesting to see what kind of offers I get. I will check them out and stuff, but I will probably be back. I hope I can choose what my deal is. I want a two year deal, so I can leave when I want to.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:28 pm
I will update this now.

In 2008, I went 13-0 and finished with an Emerald Bowl win. I was ranked 15. My recruits were all 3 star. I was a 1 star program.

In 2009, I went 13-1 and finished with a Rose Bowl loss to USC. I was ranked 8. My recruits were mostly 3 star with one 4 star. I was a 2 star program.

In 2010, I went 13-0 and finished with a Fiesta Bowl win over Northwestern for the championship. (why Northwestern was 12-0, I dont know.) I was ranked 1. My recruits were one 5 star, four 4 star, and a couple 3 star. I am a 3 star program.

I decided to look at what schools were interested in me... not a great showing. Mostly middle-of-the-road schools that really aren't any better than my current Army team. Northwestern (ironically), Louisville, Cal, Fresno State, Texas A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss, Alabama, Pitt, and Missouri all want me there. I think I will just decline though. I can leave Army whenever I want, so I'm not to worried about it.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:08 pm
im still the better coach
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 pm
One last update for the night...

In 2009, I went 13-1 and finished with a Rose Bowl loss to USC. I was ranked 8. My recruits were mostly 3 star with one 4 star. I was a 2 star program.

In 2010, I went 13-0 and finished with a Fiesta Bowl win over Northwestern for the championship. (why Northwestern was 12-0, I dont know.) I was ranked 1. My recruits were one 5 star, four 4 star, and a couple 3 star. I was a 3 star program.

In 2011, I went 13-0 and am headed to the championship game against LSU. I am ranked 2. My recruits were one 4 star, eight 4 star, and many 3 stars. I am a 4 star program.

I went into the conference championship week ranked four... only one team ahead of me was playing, LSU, and when they won, I gave up hope for the championship game. For some reason, I leap-frogged two teams to the number two spot for the championship. God bless the BCS.... when it works for me... if not, screw it. :wink:

I didn't think I would get a title shot before the season because my schedule wasn't that bad.... couple tough games, but I tried to make it as easy as I could with still some chance at a decent bowl. I guess I lucked out.

By the way, Tavis, you may like this... Cal was ranked in the top ten all year. They were in the top three towards the end of the year. They were one of the teams, the other being THE Ohio State University, that I jumped in the last week. I thought that that was kind of funny.... and ironic.... but funny. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:02 pm
One more update. :wink:

In 2010, I went 13-0 and finished with a Fiesta Bowl win over Northwestern for the championship. (why Northwestern was 12-0, I dont know.) I was ranked 1. My recruits were one 5 star, four 4 star, and a couple 3 star. I was a 3 star program.

In 2011, I went 13-0 and finished with a Sugar Bowl win over LSU for the championship. I was ranked 1. My recruits were one 5 star, nine 5 star, five 3 stars and two 2 stars. I was a 4 star program.

In 2012, I went 13-0 and finished with an Orange Bowl win over LSU for the championship. I was ranked 1. My recruits consist of four 5 star, six 4 star, two 3 star, and nine 2 star. I am a 5 star program.

Going into this offseason, I got my Army team to be 6 star.

Tavis, that is the way you do it.... six years, six stars, only one loss. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:55 pm
rob calling rob were the **** have u been??

anyways

im 210-8 as a coach now

7 national titles broke the record

broke the win streak record its 79 i believe

chemical bank...it burned
Go Ham
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum