NBA Shop

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:28 am
I thought I'd share a couple of experiences I recently had with NBA Store. Curious to see if anyone else has had similar or positive.

I'm sometimes out of country for extended periods of time. The only way I have access to shopping for local team apparel is over the internet. I was most recently gone from Sep-Mar. Back in late Feb I went to the NBA store to browse Warrior gear. The only thing the caught my I eye was the "Where Amazing Happens" shirt with Baron Davis on it. This shirt was advertised as a pre-order, not an out-of-stock backorder. I was getting back to the Bay Area in mid-March and envisioned being one of the first to sport this shirt. I made my order without a second thought.

When I got back to the Bay Area, my order had not yet shipped. I didn't think too much about however I went to the mall a couple days after I got back and found about 50 of the shirts on a rack. I don't know how long they had been available to the public, but I know my shirt was no longer the "rare find" I thought it was. I figured the shirt should ship shortly so I refrained from making the purchase at the mall. As of early April I still had not received shirt. I decided to buy the shirt from the mall and cancel my online order since it had not yet shipped. When I attempted to cancel I was directed to a policy page that informed that since payment was already accepted I had two options. One was to cancel order, but not for refund, store credit instead. Second, was wait for order in mail and then send back at my expense. I was a little ticked off since the only reason I made the order in the first place was since I thought shirt wasn't available in stores. I ended up waiting for the shirt. I finally got it on April 17th, one day after season ended.

I told this story to a co-worker of mine in early May and he was in the middle of some problems of his own with NBA Store. He had purchased a Laker jersey with our company acronym as a going away present for another coworker (Laker fan). Plan was to get it, have everyone at work sign it, and then have it mounted/framed. He used express shipping and called customer service to confirm shipping time because item was needed by a certain date to get everything finished. They assured him normal shipping would be sufficient. Well it wasn't. When it was getting close to the arrival date the tracking was showing it was getting here too late. When he attempted to upgrade the shipping to next-day he was told he could not since shipment was no longer in NBA Shop possession. Fed-Ex could not assist either since shipment payment was paid by distributer. When it finally arrived they had sent a children's jersey instead of an Adult (small). It was comical to look at this thing. Due to the time constraint we went with what we had, signed it (Go Warriors), and had to go with a different frame since paying to mount was no longer an option. It was still a nice gift, but nowhere as nice as it should have been.

I'll never order anything from NBA Shop again.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:36 pm
1) the NBA store doesnt have anything rare. all things on the NBA store have to be approved by the NBA and are marketed all at the same time to everyone.

rare finds are things you would find locally in stores that make custom clothing/apparel

2) i havent had any experiences like your with the NBA store, but thats mostly cuz i dont buy from them. but if i were your friend i would have been pissed and probs woulda started knockin some heads haha
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 pm
oh no bigstrads is not gonna like this since he is following me around the board waiting for every post I make to whine LOL but here it goes. I mean this guy bigstrads owns this board so I must bow down to his almighty feet and post the way he wants.

Dont support the nba store at all go to one of thew smaller companies on the internet and support them. Fans have supported the nba for years but the nbba has not overall put an overall good product on the floor. The warriors did things on their own and make basketball exciting again. they went against the grain and put a enjoyable brand of basketball. if anything support the warriors organization or create your t shirt on zazzle or 1 of those sites.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:35 pm
world b free fan wrote:oh no bigstrads is not gonna like this since he is following me around the board waiting for every post I make to whine LOL but here it goes. I mean this guy bigstrads owns this board so I must bow down to his almighty feet and post the way he wants.

Great job again man, your catching on to this forum thing quickly.

Didnt 3 other people call you out about moaning and posting the same things?...........dont they own the board too? :roll:

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:39 pm
yes almighty bigssardds
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:41 pm
Oh Jesus, give it a rest
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:45 pm
world b free fan wrote:yes almighty bigssardds

Seriously, word c fee pan............the usernames are just over there on the left. :roll: :wink:

Return to Off-Topic Forum