Question About - Warriors Official Website

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:21 pm
Hey fellow brothers and sisters - quick question here.

Anyone know why our Warriors' official website (http://www.nba.com/warriors/index_main.html) doesn't post up-to-minute news about our team? I mean, we hear more rumors on other webistes (that unfortunately, end up being true, like the Corey signing). Why doesn't the official website have anything new on this? Why is the last "news" on our very own official website as old as the draft (introducing our new draft picks)?

Is is because nothing is 'official' yet? If that were the case I'd understand (a little bit). I just feel we need to have EVERYTHING (rumor or truth) on OUR website! You know what I'm saying?! Let me know if I'm being naive or not...thanks guys.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:28 pm
I pretty much never go to that site unless Im looking at stats and schedules..........but even then Im leaning towards Yahoo.

IMO its because its.............well, the NBA site, so its only going to be official, league approved stuff.

Even when they have rumours on the site, they are just on there generally, not specifically filed on each teams page.

For me, Yahoo is the best right now, as on the front page, it has all Warrior related news articles/rumours from news papers and other websites..........plus, it isnt full of sparkly visuals, so loads alot faster and is easier to navigate if you looking for something specific.

Give it a go bud, its much better than the NBA one atleast =

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/gsw
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:18 pm
yeah, bigs pretty much nailed it. The official site is all team approved stuff. Only things the team has OFFICIALLY announced so it will always be behind other media outlets.
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:04 pm
Awesome - thanks for the info! You're right; the reason why I liked the "official" website was because of all the COOL visuals, etc. I like to check that occasionally 'just because'. I'll be checking yahoo from now on.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:11 pm
tyhe website I use a lot is prosportsdaily.com because they show all newspaper articles about rumors and crap, but I havent been using it that much lately because the moves have been over the course of hours, not days, its worth a look though.
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~

Return to Off-Topic Forum