Please, Sensible People, In Here..........

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:39 am
well the first guy is GSW2006, he was the one talkin bout being pissed cuz the W's want to keep Monta so they are losing Baron, though it seems like he's trying to figure it all out now.

The other guy, hahahaha, Desperate for porn passwords man, that's classic
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:59 am
yeah, that guy was actually attacking GSW, not me. Although he did make mention about censorship or something like that.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:31 am
bada wrote:yeah, that guy was actually attacking GSW, not me. Although he did make mention about censorship or something like that.


Ahh, I just re-read it............think I got confused with all the ":edited by bada:"..........too many "bada"s in there. :wink:

Still, not called for, especially from a nube.........and totally un-justified as well.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:30 pm
Thought Id post this here too, just in case you guys are still boycotting Warriors Basketball.........and because I want to see what you guys think =

You know what, now Ive had time to really disgest all this Baron stuff.........I think Ive made up my mind on how I feel about it.

Yes - Our management did not offer Baron the deal he wanted, not even close, and that is dis-respectful given what he has done for the team on and off the court (and yes, I know it wasnt much but still.........he installed a confidence and a swagger that was missing for so many years, and basically won the Dallas series)

However, the reason we didnt offer Baron the deal, are mainly because we wanted cap flexibility, not a long term commitment on a player who could very well break down in 2-3 years..........and the security of being able to comfortably re-sign Monta and Beans, and others.

For me those reason are logical and sensical.........and the kind of tough decisions that GM's have to make (and yes, I know Cohan is a tight ass........but thats the reality we have to live with)

No - Baron should not have handled it the way he did..........if you go to your organisation looking for a deal thats good for you, and they clearly are not on the same page as you (which he knew they werent last year, and a month before he opted out)...........then at the very least!!! you threaten them with opting out, and facing losing you for nothing (talent wise) just to see how they react..........why not try it?

What you dont do, is make numurous public statements saying that you want to stay here and that you are not opting out..........and as such, let us draft another big man project, when we already need a back up PG, and let us think we dont need a PG out of the draft.

So, in conclusion, for me...........what the organisation did is unfortunate, not nice for Baron but understandable and very common...............what Baron did was under-handed, spiteful and un-necessary, in terms of basically f*cking us over because we didnt want to offer him the deal he wanted (and yes, I know Baron has to look after himself but he didnt have to obviously lie about opting out, making statements that he isnt not 24 hours before he actually did.........after the draft.........when he knew that we werent going to give him the deal he wanted long before the draft)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:40 pm
After some serious thought and talking to a couple people. I'm excited about this. Baron was a liability and while it was kinda shady for him to leave like this...oh well.

I would like to see the W's push forward with the youth movement. Keep Barnes and Jack as your "vets", re-sign Smanis, Biedrins, and Buike. Build around them and your 4 draft picks from the last two years. Ship Harrington off for the best up and coming player you can find and then find some good, young, developing talent in free agency.

All in all this isn't the end of the world and really keeping Baron would just be putting this mini-rebuilding off for a year. I am perfectly willing to be a patient with a young team as long as they have a direction.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:16 pm
i just checked hoopshype and it says that watson isnt signed for 08-09. so if this is true, i say he should be our 4th priority in free agency after resignin monta, beans, a buike. starting pg or not.

*EDIT*

sorry... this was already discussed in the warriors forum... didnt catch it because it was after 1928739 baron opted out topics.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:37 pm
I don't think Watson is or should be a priority at all
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:48 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I don't think Watson is or should be a priority at all


he was good for us with the minutes he played. if we dont resign him, that means we gotta sign a starting point, and another point if want a back up.

duhon was already offered a 2 year contract by the knicks, and a 3 years contract by the magics. and he is the only free agent pg i want that is unrestricted.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:52 pm
I agree about signing Watson. When he was aggressive he made quality plays and actually looked like a real PG. He reminds me a lot of Rondo, he's good when he is aggressive, but often gets timid during games. That's something he could fix with more playing time and more confidence. I actually really like Watson as a young PG prospect.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:48 pm
I'm still sick to my stomach over this debacle. I'm pissed at the Warriors management for being such tight asses and I'm pissed at Baron for effing us over. It's going to take me a couple of weeks to even accept what's happened... the whole face of the team has changed. It would be almost ok if this weren't a pattern I've seen over and over again with the Warriors. They have to commit to winning and that means paying out the $$$. Cohen had better get that through his thick skull or he will lose a lot of loyal fans, again.

Baron was not our savior, but he did bring back the possibility of us being a consistent playoff team. I'll feel slightly better if we get to watch Baron suck wind next year on a losing Clippers team...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:34 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I agree about signing Watson. When he was aggressive he made quality plays and actually looked like a real PG. He reminds me a lot of Rondo, he's good when he is aggressive, but often gets timid during games. That's something he could fix with more playing time and more confidence. I actually really like Watson as a young PG prospect.


I thought he was terrified of Nelson. Which brings up our coach. All these different players and combinations, if something really does happen, how will Nelson handle it? Will he cry and whine about how terrible they are and that he has to go to the 4-man rotation or lose games. Will he man-up and actually coach and develop the talent he has? Or will he just say "I give" and waddle off to Hawaii and play no-limit poker with impossibly rich friends?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:15 am
Captain_Jack wrote:After some serious thought and talking to a couple people. I'm excited about this. Baron was a liability and while it was kinda shady for him to leave like this...oh well.

I would like to see the W's push forward with the youth movement. Keep Barnes and Jack as your "vets", re-sign Smanis, Biedrins, and Buike. Build around them and your 4 draft picks from the last two years. Ship Harrington off for the best up and coming player you can find and then find some good, young, developing talent in free agency.

All in all this isn't the end of the world and really keeping Baron would just be putting this mini-rebuilding off for a year. I am perfectly willing to be a patient with a young team as long as they have a direction.


hahaha i love how barnes gets thrown in the mix haha funny stuff :wink:

but all in all,now that ive sat on it i am still pissed at baron,they way he left was so...weak.But i still respect him for what he did i mean to turn us around.

....idk though i mean overall im just really not that impressed with our young guys,then again nelly really hasnt given any of em that many chances.Id like to see them get play time,but then again i dont know if id wanna risk our record for it.But i mean if were gonna start now would be the time.

Btw what do you think the players think about the baron ordeal have any of them commented on it?
Go Ham
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:16 am
webelieve wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:After some serious thought and talking to a couple people. I'm excited about this. Baron was a liability and while it was kinda shady for him to leave like this...oh well.

I would like to see the W's push forward with the youth movement. Keep Barnes and Jack as your "vets", re-sign Smanis, Biedrins, and Buike. Build around them and your 4 draft picks from the last two years. Ship Harrington off for the best up and coming player you can find and then find some good, young, developing talent in free agency.

All in all this isn't the end of the world and really keeping Baron would just be putting this mini-rebuilding off for a year. I am perfectly willing to be a patient with a young team as long as they have a direction.


hahaha i love how barnes gets thrown in the mix haha funny stuff :wink:

but all in all,now that ive sat on it i am still pissed at baron,they way he left was so...weak.But i still respect him for what he did i mean to turn us around.

....idk though i mean overall im just really not that impressed with our young guys,then again nelly really hasnt given any of em that many chances.Id like to see them get play time,but then again i dont know if id wanna risk our record for it.But i mean if were gonna start now would be the time.

Btw what do you think the players think about the baron ordeal have any of them commented on it?


Well of course we keep Matt! Ha ha, but in all seriousness I think we sign him for the Vet minimum and I think he's worth having around as a leader. With so many young guys you need some veterans and he would come cheap, he's familiar with Nelson and the system, and he has plenty of experience. I would think it was a good plan whether I loved to look at him or not :mrgreen:

I'm honestly not that pissed at Baron anymore, it's really not his fault that the W's didn't offer him a contract after he opted out. He might have actually taken it, but they didn't even give him a choice. I don't think that most people realize that it was about 95% that he would be gone next year anyway. If they wanted him long term they would have offered him a long term deal and they weren't willing to do that. All that would have happened this year is we would have had a sure starter in Baron and been able to focus on a back up/replacement. Now we just have to find that back up/replacement and let him learn on the job.

I know what you mean about not being impressed with the young guys, but we were going to have to let them play anyway, we might as well just do it full out and hope they turn out for the best...just like Seattle.

Pretty much all Baron leaving does is gives us the opportunity to do one of two things. 1. sign a big name talent or 2. rebuild. Personally I don't think there are any "big names" out there that I want. I'd much rather rebuild and do things right.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:10 am
yeah i understand,with baron gone i dont think elton brand would help the team all that much.there really isnt to much out there that i would want.but it would be cool to see some of the young guys play.Marco time baby :mrgreen:

yeah itd be great if barnes was the leader are starting 5 would have mohawks
Go Ham
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:44 pm
webelieve wrote:yeah i understand,with baron gone i dont think elton brand would help the team all that much.there really isnt to much out there that i would want.but it would be cool to see some of the young guys play.Marco time baby :mrgreen:

yeah itd be great if barnes was the leader are starting 5 would have mohawks


Yes! That would be awesome!
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron