Please, Sensible People, In Here..........

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:06 pm
Warriors offer a big deal to Elton Brand

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-3 ... Brand.html



Flush with cap space after Davis' sudden exit, the Warriors have offered free agent Elton Brand a five-year deal worth between $85 and $90 million, according to league sources. ...

The Clippers had offered Brand is a five-year deal worth about $70 million - about $20 million less than the Warriors.

Brand, who had been close to re-signing with the Clippers, is expected to make a decision today.


Also if you read more of the article it says that after Baron opted out, GS didn't offer him anything...kinda takes a little bit of the blame off of him.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:15 pm
And yes I know that other people have already posted the Brand stuff in the other forum, but since I've pretty much stopped going in there I decided to repost it here.
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:29 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:And yes I know that other people have already posted the Brand stuff in the other forum, but since I've pretty much stopped going in there I decided to repost it here.


Thanks Cap, to be honest Id rather discuss it here, with my Off Topic peeps than out there in crazy land. :wink:

I think the Brand is a little crazy.............as there has obviously been so much under handed/verbal agreement stuff between Baron/Clips/Brand.............Im thinking they may have been prepared for this, especially as its been so widely reported that Brand will take less money.

So for me, this isnt going to happen...........unless Brand pulls a "something" and welches on the agreements and comes to us...........weird, weird few days.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:35 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:And yes I know that other people have already posted the Brand stuff in the other forum, but since I've pretty much stopped going in there I decided to repost it here.


Thanks Cap, to be honest Id rather discuss it here, with my Off Topic peeps than out there in crazy land. :wink:

I think the Brand is a little crazy.............as there has obviously been so much under handed/verbal agreement stuff between Baron/Clips/Brand.............Im thinking they may have been prepared for this, especially as its been so widely reported that Brand will take less money.

So for me, this isnt going to happen...........unless Brand pulls a "something" and welches on the agreements and comes to us...........weird, weird few days.


Definitely a weird few days...I can't really decide how I feel about this. I've been an advocate for losing Baron for a while now so on one hand I got my wish, mostly I don't like the way he went about it. However if it is true that GS didn't offer Baron a contract after he opted out then I can't really blame the guy at all. He felt he deserved a long term contract, which honestly would have opened up cap room for GS this year and helped the team out, and they didn't agree. No use prolonging the inevitable, he would have been gone next year anyway.

As far as Brand, I don't see it happening, but hey stranger things have happened (i.e. Baron leaving). Either way, it's time to sit tight and wait. Something will happen soon enough.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:39 pm
there are also health risks concerning brand. some of us might've forgotten that.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:40 pm
8th ave wrote:there are also health risks concerning brand. some of us might've forgotten that.


And there aren't with Baron?

As someone pointed out on my other board and it is 100% true. While Baron technically played all 82 games anyone who watched the Warriors could tell you he basically shut down at about 60 games.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:45 pm
i say he was burnt out near 70ish.. but whose counting... :mrgreen:
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:49 pm
Here, this is from another forum and it totally expresses everything I feel about Baron

I think you're overrating BD here quite a bit.

Baron is not in the tier of Deron, CP, or Nash offensively.

Why? For one, he is an EXTREMELY inefficient basketball player. You were talking about if he'd be more selfish he could score 25 a game, but I don't know about you but I think the guy plays selfish enough. Name me another PG in the NBA who looks to score more then Baron? There isn't one that comes to mind.

Also, the guy CANNOT SHOOT to save his life. He shot 42% overall this year, and 33% from downtown(Though, that didn't deter him from jacking up the THIRD MOST 3's IN THE NBA). And this is all in a "career year" according to most people.

I love Baron, physically he is a HOF talent and the best PG the league has seen since a young Kidd. But Baron takes the easy way out on the court more then any top tier PG in the league, he is not durable(I don't care if he technically played 82 games this year, any Warrior fan will tell you he was basically done after game 60), and he is extremely inconsistent. You don't know what Baron is going to show up from day to day.

BD has a tremendous impact on an NBA game when he wants to, the problem is he doesn't "want to" enough. And I think the attitude is only going to get worse now that A) He got his money and B) He's going back home to LA and it's distractions galore.

I'd be SHOCKED if the Clips did ANYTHING of significance with BD there.

And no, this is not just a bitter W fan but it's how I honestly feel. I don't believe Baron is the type of player you can expect to build a large piece of your team around and still think you can win a title with.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:05 pm
I just texted my friend about Baron leaving and she wrote back "But who's going to teach Monta to read now?" Hilarious :)
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:50 am
F*ck, I wish I hadnt gone to bed so early last night (also, I woke up at 12:00pm, after going to be bed at 12:00am........ :shock: )............as one of these nubes was talking sh*t to Bada.

Which leads me to a question............what do you guys regard this place as?...............as to me, some guy registering, writing an essay as his first post, barking at everyone........and then insulting people and the place with his first couple of days, is not right with me.

I regard this place as a community, a place where people TALK to each other, and discuss things, and eventually get to know each other.........not just bark posts at people and TELL them stuff.........it bugs the hell out of me to see nubes register and, in a way, not earn there stripes or ability/respect to be able to be like that.

The problem then becomes, that with every new member in a time like this, they cant be bothered to read the existing posts and so create a new thread repeating everything.............and existing/old members cant face reading through all the different threads if they havnt been looking at them as they happend.........and they end up creating new threads..........madness.

Bada, Im sorry I wasnt there last night when that guy started saying that crap, you know I wouldnt have stood for it.........and he would have probably left by now.

This is all getting a little out of hand, and with the bandwidth errors that keep coming up, and the new people that are registering with there complete disregard for anybody here before them, and any semblance of how the board works (ie: the 30 threads about the same sh*t)...........I think we need to close registrations for abit............thats just me and my protective nature though.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 am
bigstrads wrote:F*ck, I wish I hadnt gone to bed so early last night (also, I woke up at 12:00pm, after going to be bed at 12:00am........ :shock: )............as one of these nubes was talking sh*t to Bada.

Which leads me to a question............what do you guys regard this place as?...............as to me, some guy registering, writing an essay as his first post, barking at everyone........and then insulting people and the place with his first couple of days, is not right with me.

I regard this place as a community, a place where people TALK to each other, and discuss things, and eventually get to know each other.........not just bark posts at people and TELL them stuff.........it bugs the hell out of me to see nubes register and, in a way, not earn there stripes or ability/respect to be able to be like that.

The problem then becomes, that with every new member in a time like this, they cant be bothered to read the existing posts and so create a new thread repeating everything.............and existing/old members cant face reading through all the different threads if they havnt been looking at them as they happend.........and they end up creating new threads..........madness.

Bada, Im sorry I wasnt there last night when that guy started saying that crap, you know I wouldnt have stood for it.........and he would have probably left by now.

This is all getting a little out of hand, and with the bandwidth errors that keep coming up, and the new people that are registering with there complete disregard for anybody here before them, and any semblance of how the board works (ie: the 30 threads about the same sh*t)...........I think we need to close registrations for abit............thats just me and my protective nature though.


well, i think people get on and figure it's just a message board and don't understand that a lot of the users take ownership of this board. It means something to people, not to get too serious about it, but we like to really talk about different points, we don't normally just spam up threads and forums with bullshit. These new guys are gettin pretty annoying, and not only that, they don't seem to know what the hell they are talking about. How can you start two threads about letting Baron go to keep Monta? i mean, what real fan doesn't understand that they could have kept both? It's getting pretty frustrating, but they'll go away soon or fall in line.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:53 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:F*ck, I wish I hadnt gone to bed so early last night (also, I woke up at 12:00pm, after going to be bed at 12:00am........ :shock: )............as one of these nubes was talking sh*t to Bada.

Which leads me to a question............what do you guys regard this place as?...............as to me, some guy registering, writing an essay as his first post, barking at everyone........and then insulting people and the place with his first couple of days, is not right with me.

I regard this place as a community, a place where people TALK to each other, and discuss things, and eventually get to know each other.........not just bark posts at people and TELL them stuff.........it bugs the hell out of me to see nubes register and, in a way, not earn there stripes or ability/respect to be able to be like that.

The problem then becomes, that with every new member in a time like this, they cant be bothered to read the existing posts and so create a new thread repeating everything.............and existing/old members cant face reading through all the different threads if they havnt been looking at them as they happend.........and they end up creating new threads..........madness.

Bada, Im sorry I wasnt there last night when that guy started saying that crap, you know I wouldnt have stood for it.........and he would have probably left by now.

This is all getting a little out of hand, and with the bandwidth errors that keep coming up, and the new people that are registering with there complete disregard for anybody here before them, and any semblance of how the board works (ie: the 30 threads about the same sh*t)...........I think we need to close registrations for abit............thats just me and my protective nature though.


well, i think people get on and figure it's just a message board and don't understand that a lot of the users take ownership of this board. It means something to people, not to get too serious about it, but we like to really talk about different points, we don't normally just spam up threads and forums with bullshit. These new guys are gettin pretty annoying, and not only that, they don't seem to know what the hell they are talking about. How can you start two threads about letting Baron go to keep Monta? i mean, what real fan doesn't understand that they could have kept both? It's getting pretty frustrating, but they'll go away soon or fall in line.


I know man..........no peace in our team, no peace on our board.

You know what, not that I ever would leave and be a traitor...........but have a look the realgm Warriors board............its looks so much more cilivilised, and there are like 3 topics about Baron (one being an appreciation thread) and one about Brand..............and I always thought we were the organised/tidy one.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:16 am
which guy are you talkign about bigs? I am losing track. LOL
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:24 am
and then i go and look at a topic today and the same guy that created two topics about the W's losing baron so they can sign monta, is telling everybody else that they don't get it, that Baron is restricted and we can match any offer to him. It's getting to be pretty funny. Not only that, but you guys got any porn passwords i can borrow? lol too much
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:35 am
bada wrote:which guy are you talkign about bigs? I am losing track. LOL


The guy Rob is talking about.............the one with a list of PG's for a name. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron