Please, Sensible People, In Here..........

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:49 pm
i'm in the off topic section reading your post so i guess i'm smart :mrgreen:
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:25 pm
ah james good post,i dont drink coffee but i may start for this appears it could be a long off season.

This whole situation is ****,man i didnt know how bad it got until sf told me "an online riot" i think was the apropriate word used.Anyways aside from that,what was for dinner tonight guys??

burgers for me
Go Ham
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:31 am
Jesus.............just woke up after going to bed at 4:25am last night.............and Warriors Basketball is a total mess..............like a fricken hurricane has gone through there.

You know what I love though, how about 7 more topics were created over night, and they are all by the nubes, and only getting replies from the nubes.

Im sure we are going to get a nice new/old fan base back of masochists (whats the dude saying about we lost Baron because we kept Monta.......what?)

Anyway, whatever...........Im not posting in there for awhile, as its just pointless, no-one is going to listen to one another, no-one is going to read what anyone else puts..........its basically just a shouting and screaming contest.

Ohh and Mista...........you just went up 100 levels in my book for changing your sig to the big Woodster! :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:52 am
bigstrads wrote:Ohh my god..........not only do we have to deal with the fact that we are now resigned (bad word to use huh) to starting a new no playoffs streak which will probably last about half as long as the last one I had to endure............but this board is going f*cking crazy.

Im posting this here, in Off Topic, where only the real sensible and smart people check/post (except for you know who)............just so we can have a chat about our situation right now.

I just cant go near Warriors Basketball right now, with a new thread every 5 minutes, talking about the same sh*t and every idiot suggesting every impossible/improbable and already done deal (Udrich, Josh Smith........Chris Paul!!! :banghead: ).........with Bada having the patience of a saint and correcting every mistake, every 27 seconds, as they are posted.

Man...........its frustrating enough right now, and I dont feel tired, its 3:47am and my mind is running all over the place because of whats happening..........and I cant even look on here without getting even more annoyed.

Wwwwaaahhh
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:15 am
Rehren1296 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ohh my god..........not only do we have to deal with the fact that we are now resigned (bad word to use huh) to starting a new no playoffs streak which will probably last about half as long as the last one I had to endure............but this board is going f*cking crazy.

Im posting this here, in Off Topic, where only the real sensible and smart people check/post (except for you know who)............just so we can have a chat about our situation right now.

I just cant go near Warriors Basketball right now, with a new thread every 5 minutes, talking about the same sh*t and every idiot suggesting every impossible/improbable and already done deal (Udrich, Josh Smith........Chris Paul!!! :banghead: ).........with Bada having the patience of a saint and correcting every mistake, every 27 seconds, as they are posted.

Man...........its frustrating enough right now, and I dont feel tired, its 3:47am and my mind is running all over the place because of whats happening..........and I cant even look on here without getting even more annoyed.

Wwwwaaahhh

LMAO...............you say that, then you go and post a topic calling everyone dumb, and to chill out.............nice.

Ohh, and sorry, I forgot.................f*ck you.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:02 am
Ok, so it is now sinking in.............I just watched the clip of Baron at his film premiere, saying thank you to the Bay Area..........you can watch it on ESPN.com.

So, Im not feeling too happy right now.............and I want to run a couple of things by your guys, as Im thinking a little more pragmatically now.

1 - Do you think there will be any fall-out from Baron leaving like this, so suddenly and un-expectedly?

I mean, I know we only have 6 players right now (:mrgreen:) but its got to be un-settling and concerning that you are going to playing on not a very good team anymore.

So my big concern is that someone like S-Jax, turns around and hands in a request.........and god forbid, Monta or maybe Beans thinks that they need to jump ship.

What do you guys think about that?

2 - With us being a major free agent player now...........Im slightly concerned that we are going to throw all this money at someone who really doesnt deserve it, or just for the sake of it.

Im thinking Maggette is a candidate but if we can get him for 7 mil or so, then Id be happy.........but no more.

Plus, there isnt going to be any real decent young talent (Okafor, Smith or Gibson is not going to happen) out there this year, so it will probably come down to filling out the roster with overpaid players (although hopefully short term overpaid)

God forbid, we may even HAVE to re-sign Pietrus and Barnes.........as when you look around, there isnt really anyone worth it.

I tell you what, if Shaun Livingston is released (which he probably will be) I wouldnt mind giving him a shot..........he will probably be cheap given the major injury concerns, and if he pans out then we have a nice big pass first PG.

Anyway, thats my thoughts right now, what do you guys think about those?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:07 am
Livingston would be good if he was able to play, i'd go for him. Man if he were healthy we'd have Baron probably! well, i'll let mullin do what he's gotta do.

And james, i hear ya on these new guys man. You read their posts and they don't even know how to spell the players and GM's names. Their points are way off too. I replied on a couple, but didn't want to get to wrapped up with these guys
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:42 am
I think we need to grab a young point guard like Felton. Someone in the main forum pointed out he is turnover prone but he is the only young point guard on the market. With baron leaving imo it marks the end of Harrington and Jackson, we need to play the youth but still be competetive even if it costs us missing the playoffs. I think by 2009 we are gonna be in a good position to be a top team in the west and 2010 we should be competing for a championship.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:47 am
jimbob631 wrote:I think we need to grab a young point guard like Felton. Someone in the main forum pointed out he is turnover prone but he is the only young point guard on the market. With baron leaving imo it marks the end of Harrington and Jackson, we need to play the youth but still be competetive even if it costs us missing the playoffs. I think by 2009 we are gonna be in a good position to be a top team in the west and 2010 we should be competing for a championship.

Whilst I agree Felton is a DECENT option..........he is also pretty much the only option for a passing PG.

However, man...........playoff contending by 2009 and champ contending by 2010........... :shock: ..............you realise we are in 2008 right now yeah? :wink:

If we are as bad as I think we are going to be for 08/09, then hopefully we can get a stud in next years draft, play the free agent market smart in the next 2/3 years............and if Brandan and Randolph go to full potential..........then maybe by 10/11 we will be back in the playoff hunt, and then............who knows.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:58 am
bigstrads wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:I think we need to grab a young point guard like Felton. Someone in the main forum pointed out he is turnover prone but he is the only young point guard on the market. With baron leaving imo it marks the end of Harrington and Jackson, we need to play the youth but still be competetive even if it costs us missing the playoffs. I think by 2009 we are gonna be in a good position to be a top team in the west and 2010 we should be competing for a championship.

Whilst I agree Felton is a DECENT option..........he is also pretty much the only option for a passing PG.

However, man...........playoff contending by 2009 and champ contending by 2010........... :shock: ..............you realise we are in 2008 right now yeah? :wink:

If we are as bad as I think we are going to be for 08/09, then hopefully we can get a stud in next years draft, play the free agent market smart in the next 2/3 years............and if Brandan and Randolph go to full potential..........then maybe by 10/11 we will be back in the playoff hunt, and then............who knows.

I would agree with u, however the west will get weaker as time goes on, dallas the spurs the suns and the nuggets aren't likely to even make the playoffs by 2009 unless they make some major moves to shake things up. I also am very high on the potential of all of our youth except for marco belleneli (I think hes gonna be a straight up scrub). By 2009 Wright will be playing great basketball imo and Randolph (who is not as much of a project as many of u say imo) will be getting things together. Beans will be getting consistent playing time for the 1st time and I would bot be surprised if he averages around 11 or 12 rebounds while scoring 12-14 points . Monta should keep improving, hopefully his 3 point shot will be better and gains some more point guard skills. It all depends on if we can acquire a solid young point guard that we can add to this group. This is all speculation on my part but I love the youth we have. I might be very optimistic and truth be told the warriors look like a great franchise at the moment compared to my hometown team that is going no where.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:19 am
jimbob631 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

I would agree with u, however the west will get weaker as time goes on, dallas the spurs the suns and the nuggets aren't likely to even make the playoffs by 2009 unless they make some major moves to shake things up. I also am very high on the potential of all of our youth except for marco belleneli (I think hes gonna be a straight up scrub). By 2009 Wright will be playing great basketball imo and Randolph (who is not as much of a project as many of u say imo) will be getting things together. Beans will be getting consistent playing time for the 1st time and I would bot be surprised if he averages around 11 or 12 rebounds while scoring 12-14 points . Monta should keep improving, hopefully his 3 point shot will be better and gains some more point guard skills. It all depends on if we can acquire a solid young point guard that we can add to this group. This is all speculation on my part but I love the youth we have. I might be very optimistic and truth be told the warriors look like a great franchise at the moment compared to my hometown team that is going no where.

Cool cool, its good to have hope and be optimistic and what not.............and I agree we have a good young group with lots of potential.

I think it was just more the year you are saying this was going to happen............Brandan playing great basketball in 2009 and the Spurs, Dallas and Suns falling down in 2009..............again, you realise that is the coming season? so you expect all those teams to not be playoff teams this coming season? and Brandan to be a beast in what is basically his rookie year.

I like the idea, and it makes sense...........but its going take alot longer unfortunately.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:31 am
Hey bigs, good idea to post this one in here...

I do think there will be some fallout, especially with myself. I don't want to dislike Baron, but I do not like the way this went down. Saying he wanted to stay, opting out at the last second, still saying he wants to stay, a few hours later signing with the Clips. Quite frankly I smell a rat. I think there was some negotiation tampering, but according to JA Adande, it probably is true, but it will never be proven.

As far as a replacement, my heart says yes, but my head says no with Arenas. I would love to see him in a Dubs uni again, but hes too spendy and wont be able to patrol the offense.

Assuming he isn't going to command a ton of money, I think Janerro Pargo could be a good PG. Heck the last former Hornets point worked out pretty darn well.

I DO NOT want Chris Duhon, that guy is overrated and I dont want another Dukie on this team...so screw that idea.

Perhaps a trade for Hinrich could be in the cards? I know he makes a ton of money, but I am just trying to run through some options.

Other trade candidates that I think could work for us would be: Raymond Felton, Kyle Lowry or Javaris Crittenton, Randy Foye, Leandro Barbosa, or Sergio Rodriguez.

They could sign Carlos Arroyo and hope he turns out to be as good as Jose Calderon, I know, I know, wishful thinking...

How about a backcourt of Monta Ellis & Louis Williams?
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:20 am
bigstrads wrote:Ok, so it is now sinking in.............I just watched the clip of Baron at his film premiere, saying thank you to the Bay Area..........you can watch it on ESPN.com.

So, Im not feeling too happy right now.............and I want to run a couple of things by your guys, as Im thinking a little more pragmatically now.

1 - Do you think there will be any fall-out from Baron leaving like this, so suddenly and un-expectedly?

I mean, I know we only have 6 players right now (:mrgreen:) but its got to be un-settling and concerning that you are going to playing on not a very good team anymore.

So my big concern is that someone like S-Jax, turns around and hands in a request.........and god forbid, Monta or maybe Beans thinks that they need to jump ship.

What do you guys think about that?

2 - With us being a major free agent player now...........Im slightly concerned that we are going to throw all this money at someone who really doesnt deserve it, or just for the sake of it.

Im thinking Maggette is a candidate but if we can get him for 7 mil or so, then Id be happy.........but no more.

Plus, there isnt going to be any real decent young talent (Okafor, Smith or Gibson is not going to happen) out there this year, so it will probably come down to filling out the roster with overpaid players (although hopefully short term overpaid)

God forbid, we may even HAVE to re-sign Pietrus and Barnes.........as when you look around, there isnt really anyone worth it.

I tell you what, if Shaun Livingston is released (which he probably will be) I wouldnt mind giving him a shot..........he will probably be cheap given the major injury concerns, and if he pans out then we have a nice big pass first PG.

Anyway, thats my thoughts right now, what do you guys think about those?

i woke up this morning and watched that clip myself... i said "**** you baron" before i watched it... im done with baron, i cant wait to boo him when he comes to the roaracle.

as far as our pg situation, i think we should use al or stephen to get some young talent, or use them to get some expiring contracts. i wouldn't mind trying out watson for a year. he played very well when he was on the court last year.
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:41 pm
bigstrads wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Cool cool, its good to have hope and be optimistic and what not.............and I agree we have a good young group with lots of potential.

I think it was just more the year you are saying this was going to happen............Brandan playing great basketball in 2009 and the Spurs, Dallas and Suns falling down in 2009..............again, you realise that is the coming season? so you expect all those teams to not be playoff teams this coming season? and Brandan to be a beast in what is basically his rookie year.

I like the idea, and it makes sense...........but its going take alot longer unfortunately.

I meant the 09-10 season not this one, but u r right im being a little too optimistic.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:02 pm
ahhh, my sanctuary from all the new posters and new topics in the warriors basketball forum!

Warriors fans seem to always be somewhat optimistic, but as long as management doesn't feel that way we'll be ok. As long as they don't believe the team is good enough now, they'll make some moves. This off season is already crazy, I just want to sleep til november. Wake me up when the season starts guys
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum