Random Babble

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:49 am
JOEL wrote:After 4 weeks off I have to go back to work Monday.... :x

The Job i'm currently in... I called sick in on my first Monday morning of work
Didn't start to Tuesday... Somehow the guy i was suppose to start with on Monday, ended climbing up the corportate ladder & became my boss.
Whenever we have our Morning Tea Work Anniversary at the office building, he;s always quick to point out that we'd be celebrating mine tomorrow because i had a sickie the first day... SMART ASS BOSS =D>

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:51 am
PAWNO wrote:
JOEL wrote:After 4 weeks off I have to go back to work Monday.... :x

The Job i'm currently in... I called sick in on my first Monday morning of work
Didn't start to Tuesday... Somehow the guy i was suppose to start with on Monday, ended climbing up the corportate ladder & became my boss.
Whenever we have our Morning Tea Work Anniversary at the office building, he;s always quick to point out that we'd be celebrating mine tomorrow because i had a sickie the first day... SMART ASS BOSS =D>

NICE MOVE ..... bu uhhhm we drink.....coffee?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:53 am
i dont drink coffee bro.

I'm more a caffine tablet guy as it doesn't play curdles when i have that milk in my stomach.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:58 am
I haven't dranm coffee for over ten years, but I admit that rare times whn going out to a cafe with friends, I have had one with them, but it has been like five times in over ten years. Caffeine is not good for you. Certain teas are good for you, like green tea and I drink tea almost every morning. I do have coffee flavoured cake and chocolate if it is offered to me, which is not often

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:01 am
migya wrote:I haven't dranm coffee for over ten years, but I admit that rare times whn going out to a cafe with friends, I have had one with them, but it has been like five times in over ten years. Caffeine is not good for you. Certain teas are good for you, like green tea and I drink tea almost every morning. I do have coffee flavoured cake and chocolate if it is offered to me, which is not often

Judging by some of the times i see you online, i swear your an abuser of caffine :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:18 am
PAWNO wrote:
migya wrote:I haven't dranm coffee for over ten years, but I admit that rare times whn going out to a cafe with friends, I have had one with them, but it has been like five times in over ten years. Caffeine is not good for you. Certain teas are good for you, like green tea and I drink tea almost every morning. I do have coffee flavoured cake and chocolate if it is offered to me, which is not often

Judging by some of the times i see you online, i swear your an abuser of caffine :)

By what I've seen you say on this forum, I'd say your an abuser of a number of substances, but we're all on the same forum :wink: :)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:38 am
migya wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

By what I've seen you say on this forum, I'd say your an abuser of a number of substances, but we're all on the same forum :wink: :)

Wow mig, how do you do it? I like drinking coffee. PLus, there are studies coming out about the benefits of coffee. Though green tea is a great anti-oxidant.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:21 pm

ure prolly spot on , coffe is the very least of my vices ....so im thinking you live once make enjoy...after all Im thinking
many folks made it to 90+ years drinking coffe as a norm. Im gonna take my chances :shock:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

Wow mig, how do you do it? I like drinking coffee. PLus, there are studies coming out about the benefits of coffee. Though green tea is a great anti-oxidant.

Actually a recent study suggests that coffee and tea can help reduce the risk of heart disease - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10350373
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:28 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Wow mig, how do you do it? I like drinking coffee. PLus, there are studies coming out about the benefits of coffee. Though green tea is a great anti-oxidant.

JOEL wrote:

ure prolly spot on , coffe is the very least of my vices ....so im thinking you live once make enjoy...after all Im thinking
many folks made it to 90+ years drinking coffe as a norm. Im gonna take my chances :shock:

I've read that many times and even seen if a couple of documentaries over the last year saying caffeine just increases stress levels. I do believe that a bit of so called slightly bad food or drink is not that bad for you at all. In Portugal, almost all people there drink coffee twice, some three times a day and there is not much bad health there.

It is the crap that is fast food and the fizzy drinks nowadays that is really bad for you

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:35 pm
JREED23 wrote:Actually a recent study suggests that coffee and tea can help reduce the risk of heart disease - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10350373

Gotta love "RECENT STUDIES"

I get a earful from all the old people at work about the dangers of energy drinks such as "Redbull" & or "Monsters"
They say **** like that stuff will kill you.

But what i don't get is that RED BULL is basically the same thing as Coffee ... A INCREDIBLE ENERGY HIT FUELED BY CAFFINE.

Me thinks there is some global corporation (probably in South America) that's funding all these Energy drink studies and is probably linked to a big Coffee bean corporation!

I doubt Coffee will ever become extinct cause people enjoy that Lovely hot aroma flavour of coffee and the repitition that comes with waking up in the morning and having a cold one.
But you know the BEAN PRODUCERS must be alarmed when "LITTLE RED BULL" are now funding FORMULA 1 RACING CARS!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:36 pm
migya wrote:
It is the crap that is fast food and the fizzy drinks nowadays that is really bad for you

WOW... LOL just check out my post above,

You maybe able to answer my conspiracy theory
Mr "LOOSE CHANGE"
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:11 pm
PAWNO wrote:
JREED23 wrote:Actually a recent study suggests that coffee and tea can help reduce the risk of heart disease - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10350373

I get a earful from all the old people at work about the dangers of energy drinks such as "Redbull" & or "Monsters"

But what i don't get is that RED BULL is basically the same thing as Coffee ... A INCREDIBLE ENERGY HIT FUELED BY CAFFINE.

Me thinks there is some global corporation (probably in South America) that's funding all these Energy drink studies and is probably linked to a big Coffee bean corporation!

I doubt Coffee will ever become extinct cause people enjoy that Lovely hot aroma flavour of coffee and the repitition that comes with waking up in the morning and having a cold one.
But you know the BEAN PRODUCERS must be alarmed when "LITTLE RED BULL" are now funding FORMULA 1 RACING CARS!!!

THESE RECENT STUDIES, that we all see, hear and read about, are so varied, it's unbelievable.

I've seen, over the past ten years or so, studies by so called scientists on many foods, drinks, drugs etc, that CONTRADICT other studies by other so called scientists. Some studies have said that coffee is good for you, others say it's bad for you, others say no real affect on you. You get that for many different foods and consumables.

My conclusion, and I reached this a few years ago, is that it's all bullshiit and it is likely one of two things -
1. Either the scientists are paid by corporations that make money from the consumable in question to say good things about the consumable or product
2. Scientific studies involves processes that are easily flawed and/or interpreted incorrectly. By that I mean, the results you get can be anything and not a black and white, totally the correct answer on the subject.

There really has been heaps of so called studies that contradict and have opposite results on a subject than other studies on the same subject. Another example is how chocolate is bad for your skin and then other studies showing it is actually good for your skin.

I just don't believe most studies anymore.

What I do believe is the results seen through people in their daily lives. As an example, I'm trying to become vegetarian, as in not consuming any animal based products. Reason I've chosen this is because of numerous studies by INDEPENDENT scientists and people that are not paid by corporations, but in fact present results and conclusions that are against big corporations and the main stream thought. Information presented is how people that live in countries where meat is rarely consumed and a plant based diet is followed, the people have less disease and tend to live longer. Studies and information presented how people with diabetes and cancer have got rid of their condition by eating a specified plant based diet, comprised of juices made from various vegetables. The Gerson Therapy is the best I've found and that really blew my mind how everyone who went undertook this therapy was cured of their diabetes or cancer

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:39 pm
migya wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

THESE RECENT STUDIES, that we all see, hear and read about, are so varied, it's unbelievable.

I've seen, over the past ten years or so, studies by so called scientists on many foods, drinks, drugs etc, that CONTRADICT other studies by other so called scientists. Some studies have said that coffee is good for you, others say it's bad for you, others say no real affect on you. You get that for many different foods and consumables.

My conclusion, and I reached this a few years ago, is that it's all bullshiit and it is likely one of two things -
1. Either the scientists are paid by corporations that make money from the consumable in question to say good things about the consumable or product
2. Scientific studies involves processes that are easily flawed and/or interpreted incorrectly. By that I mean, the results you get can be anything and not a black and white, totally the correct answer on the subject.

There really has been heaps of so called studies that contradict and have opposite results on a subject than other studies on the same subject. Another example is how chocolate is bad for your skin and then other studies showing it is actually good for your skin.

I just don't believe most studies anymore.

What I do believe is the results seen through people in their daily lives. As an example, I'm trying to become vegetarian, as in not consuming any animal based products. Reason I've chosen this is because of numerous studies by INDEPENDENT scientists and people that are not paid by corporations, but in fact present results and conclusions that are against big corporations and the main stream thought. Information presented is how people that live in countries where meat is rarely consumed and a plant based diet is followed, the people have less disease and tend to live longer. Studies and information presented how people with diabetes and cancer have got rid of their condition by eating a specified plant based diet, comprised of juices made from various vegetables. The Gerson Therapy is the best I've found and that really blew my mind how everyone who went undertook this therapy was cured of their diabetes or cancer

You're probably right, I have my doubts about many of these studies. The problem is that there can be too many variables when conducting a study like this, but that's why they say "suggests" and not "proves" although that can be misleading. You'd undoubtedly need a sample size that would be close to impossible to achieve and need to control so many elements in the subject's lives to achieve a level of significance to accept or reject the theory. I've taken several stats courses and one of the most talked about topics is whether a study is statistically significant or not, unfortunately most of stats are left up to interpretation without a 100% confidence interval, which is pretty much impossible.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:56 pm
Some things in life "I choose to accept" & others i "choose to ignore"

Red meat gives you cancer, Sniffing Pens ruins your braincells... You know what that shits bad & all and i'm gonna die one day. But these are some of the good things in life that you just gotta do ... BTW i don't really sniff pens as a habit, but sometimes i get the urge to smell it.

But the big one for me is the urban myth of "If you smoke the stem of marijuana, it makes you impotent"

I'm pretty sure Marijuana as a whole makes you impotent, but i still choose to not smoke the stem cause it's a urban myth that it's evil to your reproduction system.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum