Random Babble

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:43 am
TMC wrote:Migya, buddy... How you doing?.

It's been a while since we last heard from you. Hope you're enjoying those holidays!!!

Been flat out seeing family and close friends the last week. We arrived in Lisbon last Thursday and only had the mornings off most of the time, as people work during the day. Been real good, eating is the best thing about Portugal, strong food, especially cakes, and I'm having a great time. We're at my wife's cousin's house here just outside of Lisbon. They're rich, have a very nice two storey house and when we can, which we haven't had much time to, we enjoy ourselves here. Like a being back in Perth in the fact that this street is quiet and the house has space. Most people in the cities here live in apartments and barely get by financially.

TMC, I'll get in contact with you soon, as we have permanent internet access where we are right now

All Star
» Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:26 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
Money Morrow wrote:I will begin formulating my calmest method of informing them that it is completely unacceptable to be so unreachable while caring for my daughter.

Oh, absolutely. And shouldn't be afraid to tell them directly (respectfully, of course, but even blunt if need be) how you feel. It's your daughter we're talking about.

Pat, I'd be pissed if that happened to me and my child. I am not overprotective, I think at least, but my daughter is my daughter and I will not accept anything less than proper care from whoever looks after her at any time. People who don't meet those requirements in taking care of my child, we don't have any connections with them really, simple as that. I'm that serious, my daughter is mjy daughter and though I understand the need for freedom, as I wanted that as a child, you can't make much of comprimises as a parent, you just don't know where you're at and need to have that foundation. Respect for yourself and family comes first

Thanks Migs... My wife and I have had it out with the guy. We basically told him the HE is ruining his kids ability to continue with their friendship.
Learn to work a cellphone and everything is fine.. though after this latest round, I'm not sure even that will do it for me...

Have fun on holiday Migya and fam!

All Star
» Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:15 pm
is there really a soccer thread on this forum that is approaching 40 pages??

All Star
» Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:18 pm
Shoutout to Beast Mode for 1000th post

Yay! :bday:

Hall of Famer
» Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:21 pm
"Always" Next wrote:is there really a soccer thread on this forum that is approaching 40 pages??

Nope. It's a dream. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:56 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:
KC wrote:I'm getting into photography...

Does anyone know about vintage cameras? Photography?

Any advice? Opinions? Suggestions?

Anything will help...

Thanks

I started getting into it a bit a few years ago. Invested a few thousand in equip (nearly entry level stuff) and had fun. was a nice hobby, however it just wet my appetite for better lenses.... I pretty much gave it up there as I just was not willing to spend 2-$5,000 on a single lens.

There are some expensive lenses you need to do certain things, but by no means do you need to spend that kind of money to take great photos or to learn about photography.

I'm not into it but my dad, my wife and my boss are all photographers of different levels. My boss is actually a professional photography (part time) and while does use expensive equipment he doesn't use top of the line stuff.

My father hasn't done much with photography in a long time.... he used to have his own dark room and a lot of very expensive equipment.

My wife has only been at it for about 5 years now, and she has the cheapest equipment of the three, but honestly some of her photos are as good or better than either my dad's or bosses' stuff.

Your choice KC but for cost purposes I think digital is the way to good. Digital editing can be a lot of fun, and even cheaper cameras can have excellent resolution these days.

My wife does a lot of digital editing and she also likes to make short films. She has a decent Cannon SLR camera but she has since ditched it for a digital with good film capabilities.

She's using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (about $350 before accessories) and it's an amazing little camera. If you want a nice combo of good photos and good video this thing is great.

Here's some of the things it can do...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCoJH0PU03U&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSg9BDdwXk8&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azAJ2T1r_Ew&feature=related[/youtube]

Anyway, my point is you don't need to spend a ton of money to take great photos or take great video. A beginners photography class would probably help you more than a $5000.00 lens.

thanks... appreciate it

Franchise Player
» Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm
Chum wrote:
bada wrote:
KC wrote:I'm getting into photography...

Does anyone know about vintage cameras? Photography?

Any advice? Opinions? Suggestions?

Anything will help...

Thanks

I started getting into it a bit a few years ago. Invested a few thousand in equip (nearly entry level stuff) and had fun. was a nice hobby, however it just wet my appetite for better lenses.... I pretty much gave it up there as I just was not willing to spend 2-$5,000 on a single lens.

There are some expensive lenses you need to do certain things, but by no means do you need to spend that kind of money to take great photos or to learn about photography.

I'm not into it but my dad, my wife and my boss are all photographers of different levels. My boss is actually a professional photography (part time) and while does use expensive equipment he doesn't use top of the line stuff.

My father hasn't done much with photography in a long time.... he used to have his own dark room and a lot of very expensive equipment.

My wife has only been at it for about 5 years now, and she has the cheapest equipment of the three, but honestly some of her photos are as good or better than either my dad's or bosses' stuff.

Your choice KC but for cost purposes I think digital is the way to good. Digital editing can be a lot of fun, and even cheaper cameras can have excellent resolution these days.

My wife does a lot of digital editing and she also likes to make short films. She has a decent Cannon SLR camera but she has since ditched it for a digital with good film capabilities.

She's using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (about $350 before accessories) and it's an amazing little camera. If you want a nice combo of good photos and good video this thing is great.

Here's some of the things it can do...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCoJH0PU03U&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSg9BDdwXk8&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azAJ2T1r_Ew&feature=related[/youtube]

Anyway, my point is you don't need to spend a ton of money to take great photos or take great video. A beginners photography class would probably help you more than a $5000.00 lens.

No, you dont NEED to spend that much but as you get into the hobby you will realize how much you are handicapped by equipment. But it really depends on what type of photography you are doing. It you always take outdoor shots in good light of motionless objects, then you can get away with less expensive lenses and dont necessarily need a good external flash. However in poor light, you really will need better equip.

I got into sports photography and was really handicapped by not having good image stabalization lenses with high shutter speed. To do what I wanted, it would have cost me at least 10K. So I turned to a different hobby. LOL

Franchise Player
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:58 pm
Sorry if this makes our Seattle boy Bada jealous............but I just back from a day in the legendary Hyde Park (London) seeing Pearl Jam!!!

Was pretty god damned great, especially since I havnt listened to them in a while and it brought back some cool memories.

Jesus it was hot though............."only" 75 degrees but in London man, with no air to breath and muggy as hell...........its deathly.

Still, I rocked and sweated my ass off with nearly 40,000 other people. :wink:

Theyve got Stevie Wonder on tomorrow and then Paul McCartney on Sunday............that one is SOLD OUT!.............insane...........when you considering Hyde Park is F'ing huge! they expect about 120,000 people to show up. :shock:

Franchise Player
» Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:39 pm
bigstrads wrote:Sorry if this makes our Seattle boy Bada jealous............but I just back from a day in the legendary Hyde Park (London) seeing Pearl Jam!!!

Was pretty god damned great, especially since I havnt listened to them in a while and it brought back some cool memories.

Jesus it was hot though............."only" 75 degrees but in London man, with no air to breath and muggy as hell...........its deathly.

Theyve got Stevie Wonder on tomorrow and then Paul McCartney on Sunday............that one is SOLD OUT!.............insane...........when you considering Hyde Park is F'ing huge! they expect about 120,000 people to show up. :shock:

Yes, I am jealous! I will be seeing Alice N Chains in October however.... but obviously a far cry from the same band without the remarkable Lane Staley

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:30 am
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Sorry if this makes our Seattle boy Bada jealous............but I just back from a day in the legendary Hyde Park (London) seeing Pearl Jam!!!

Yes, I am jealous! I will be seeing Alice N Chains in October however.... but obviously a far cry from the same band without the remarkable Lane Staley

Damn, I barely can remember anything by Peal Jam... Nirvana was a big hit around here, Pearl Jam... not so much.

Don't ask me why...

Franchise Player
» Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:11 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

Damn, I barely can remember anything by Peal Jam... Nirvana was a big hit around here, Pearl Jam... not so much.

Don't ask me why...

NO TASTE!!!! :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:53 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:

Don't ask me why...

NO TASTE!!!! :mrgreen:

You know, I wouldn't rule out that possibility... :mrgreen:

All Star
» Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:24 am
Daniel... I suspect you are very close to some amazing music....
Morocco is just a short distance, and West Africa, the Cape Verdes, not to mention Spain and Portugal, and maybe even some Brazilian influence. I would be in guitar/stringed instrument heaven!! Koras, Ngonis, Berimbaus, oh boy! lol

I just listened to some music from Western Sahara the other day, great stuff!!

Someday, I want to start in Morocco and travel down through West Africa through every country to maybe Congo, playing music all the way.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:02 am
Money Morrow wrote:Daniel... I suspect you are very close to some amazing music....
Morocco is just a short distance, and West Africa, the Cape Verdes, not to mention Spain and Portugal, and maybe even some Brazilian influence. I would be in guitar/stringed instrument heaven!! Koras, Ngonis, Berimbaus, oh boy! lol

I just listened to some music from Western Sahara the other day, great stuff!!

Someday, I want to start in Morocco and travel down through West Africa through every country to maybe Congo, playing music all the way.

I suspect you may be right... but I honestly don't have the slightest clue about it... :wink:

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:44 am
Money Morrow wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
Money Morrow wrote:I will begin formulating my calmest method of informing them that it is completely unacceptable to be so unreachable while caring for my daughter.

Oh, absolutely. And shouldn't be afraid to tell them directly (respectfully, of course, but even blunt if need be) how you feel. It's your daughter we're talking about.

Pat, I'd be pissed if that happened to me and my child. I am not overprotective, I think at least, but my daughter is my daughter and I will not accept anything less than proper care from whoever looks after her at any time. People who don't meet those requirements in taking care of my child, we don't have any connections with them really, simple as that. I'm that serious, my daughter is mjy daughter and though I understand the need for freedom, as I wanted that as a child, you can't make much of comprimises as a parent, you just don't know where you're at and need to have that foundation. Respect for yourself and family comes first

Thanks Migs... My wife and I have had it out with the guy. We basically told him the HE is ruining his kids ability to continue with their friendship.
Learn to work a cellphone and everything is fine.. though after this latest round, I'm not sure even that will do it for me...

Have fun on holiday Migya and fam!

Thanks buddy.

You did well and you know, there are many good people in the world your kids and you can have friendships with. Move on, you deserve better, end of story