I think I have a computer virus

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:39 am
Hope you technical types can help me out.

My computer seems to run normally except I can't get rid of the Nader virus. I delete it over and over, as does everyone, but it keeps coming back.

I am a little worried because the virus seems to be more random and irrational each time it appears and it is getting extremely annoying.

Thank you for your help.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:19 am
What you need dude is a thing called Advanced System Optimizer (or ASO for short).

Its free if you google the name with "free download" in there as well.

It is pretty much the best tool for PC's, as far as maintenance and cleaning sh*t up.

If you can use one of your virus scans to locate where the infected file is (I suggest AVG, free again and very good) then there is an option on ASO that is called "Secure Delete"...........trust me, once you use that option on a file.........it aint coming back. :wink:

Let me know how it goes or if you need anymore help.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:14 am
bigstrads wrote:What you need dude is a thing called Advanced System Optimizer (or ASO for short).

It is pretty much the best tool for PC's, as far as maintenance and cleaning sh*t up.

If you can use one of your virus scans to locate where the infected file is (I suggest AVG, free again and very good) then there is an option on ASO that is called "Secure Delete"...........trust me, once you use that option on a file.........it aint coming back. :wink:

Hey bigs, I was thinking the same think. AVG is great a gettingrid of pesky virus. I was suffering with that Ultimate Defender/Ultimate Cleaner crap when a friend turnded me on to AVG. I had just paid for Spybot which works OK. But I think AVG is best, and like you said, you can download it for free.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:59 am
The Coooach wrote:
bigstrads wrote:What you need dude is a thing called Advanced System Optimizer (or ASO for short).

Hey bigs, I was thinking the same think. AVG is great a gettingrid of pesky virus. I was suffering with that Ultimate Defender/Ultimate Cleaner crap when a friend turnded me on to AVG. I had just paid for Spybot which works OK. But I think AVG is best, and like you said, you can download it for free.

Hey Reg, good to see you in Off Topic man. :wink:

Yeah, it makes me sad that so many people pay for software like this, and your talking about $80 or so for virus software when there is free stuff that is better.

The combination of AVG with a thing called Adware, and ASO is literally all you need...........and its all free!!!

Man, I download all my software, and I talking about things that would normally cost $400 like the version of Photoshop I have.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:17 am
bigstrads wrote:
The Coooach wrote:

Yeah, it makes me sad that so many people pay for software like this, and your talking about $80 or so for virus software when there is free stuff that is better.

The combination of AVG with a thing called Adware, and ASO is literally all you need...........and its all free!!!

Man, I download all my software, and I talking about things that would normally cost $400 like the version of Photoshop I have.

As Gary Radnich obn KNBR would say "Thats Good Knowledge".

Thought I would try this off topic stuff. It's fun. That Atheism topic is sizzling. C-ya round bigs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 am
The Coooach wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
The Coooach wrote:

As Gary Radnich obn KNBR would say "Thats Good Knowledge".

Thought I would try this off topic stuff. It's fun. That Atheism topic is sizzling. C-ya round bigs.

Off Topic is where its at for the real interesting stuff...........Warriors are what we are here for, Warriors Basketball forum is where talk about our boys.............Off Topic is where we inhance our minds! :wink:

Also, man, read back through some of the older topics..........this Atheism one is nothing compared to some of the old topics and arguments weve had (and most of the time, theres no name calling, just people exchanging idead/opinions)

All the political ones are highly recommended. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:24 am
bigstrads wrote:All the political ones are highly recommended. :wink:

Stupid right-wingers! :banghead:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:28 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Yup, thats why Im recommending them........as its all "those" guys getting torn apart by us, and torn apart in the sense that "they" have no real ability to reason or make any kind of sense. :wink:

How did you feel about the return of "him" in the George Carlin thread?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:55 am
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

How did you feel about the return of "him" in the George Carlin thread?

I noticed that. After six times of saying that he is done, he still comes back.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Return to Off-Topic Forum