Suggestion Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:18 pm
ok then how about a place where you can advertise
I like pie
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:10 pm
I have a suggestion:

An "ignore" button. Several other forums have it and I don't think the coding for it would be all that difficult.

If you need me to expand on this let me know.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:57 pm
thunder that idea is $ :wink:
Go Ham
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:18 pm
How about we make another topic place were only all-stars and higher can post

positives:It could make the board have more posters to see what the hell is going on and it may turn them into contributers

negative:may increase spam count so people can just see whats going on in there.

What do you guys think of this idea.
I like pie
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:04 am
what the...

how the hell did you get like 200 posts in 2 days? :?

and whats up with this last day thing
Go Ham
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:26 am
Bada might ban me today(i don't if he went on the board today) he said he was going to sleep on it
I like pie
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:38 pm
xbay wrote:Especially since last time we tried nominating people like 32, they'd turn it down for their own personal reasons.

I think I should elaborate, since everytime mods get brought up, I seem to get nominated.

First of all, thank you to anybody who believes I'd be a good moderator to this forum. I really do appreciate it. But the thing is, moderators represent the forum and, thus, have to appear impartial on many issues pertaining to the board. I see myself as too colorful of a character to try and mold into an official position for around here. Honestly, I just kinda like being the super poster that never has any official power. Makes me feel like the underdog, which is something I also enjoy. :wink:

Also, we had a problem in the past with a former moderator that couldn't control some of the inappropriate things he was saying during that time. Knowing myself, I understand that if I were in a similar position where I got into a fight with a fellow member of the forum, I wouldn't have the will-power to simply ignore the other guy and classily move on, the way our present mods can - and should. That being said, I'd rather not be given the responsibility to act with a certain amount of restraint around here. Whether its calling out mods for not doing their job or labeling the entire forum as dumbasses when they're cracking on the Maggette signing, I simply enjoy the freedom of being able to say what I want when I want without any questions about it.

I guess that I feel as though I'd need to tone it down, if I were made into a mod, and that's simply not who I am. Of course, I've told hobbes multiple times that if he ever needed a moderator, I'd be more than happy to help him out. But if other people can do the job... I'd honestly prefer that. :D
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:04 am
Yes, and honestly, I'd prefer a loud 32 than a toned down 32 any day of the year. It just wouldn't be the same.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:08 am
xbay wrote:Yes, and honestly, I'd prefer a loud 32 than a toned down 32 any day of the year. It just wouldn't be the same.

That would be weird................a diplomatic 32................nah, too strange. :wink:

I think Ill run for the next Mod position!!!???...............man, there would be about 15 people left on here once I got the power to ban. :mrgreen:

(I am joking of course, Im much like 32 in the sense that I just couldnt bite my tongue and not speak my mind...........it damn near killed Bada with a certain geographical named child :wink:)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:13 pm
This came from an idea on another site... I'm not sure if we could apply it here.

How about a thumbs up/thumbs down option on a post? If you feel like somebody made a good post, you could give them a thumbs up, and the opposite if they made a bad one. It is fun to see what people think of what you say. It may not work, though.

We may have a thing where the post with the highest percentage of thumbs up gets recognition at the end of the year, with the voting.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:59 pm
hey guys. Lots of good stuff here.

Somehow I missed 32's post here... I dont know you all that well 32 but from what I do know of you, I agree that it would KILL you to have to try and tone down things.... I consider myself pretty mild mannered but as such, I have been pulled into responding to things that I know I should not have and even so was wishing I was not a moderator at that moment so I could really say what I wanted to.

No, back to the main subject. The forum software version here is a bit outdated. I have talked to hobbes about upgrading to version 3 which can bring a whole host of new features.

He seems very open to the idea. It really comes down to having the time to do it. Maybe it will be possible to have this done before the season starts and we can start introducing some of the things suggested here and other cool features.

One thing I do like about this forum is it is very organized and streamlined. Would not want to see that sacrificed for additional features but am sure there is plenty we could do that would not compromise that.

Anyway, stay tuned!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:38 pm
Well, I'm a mod and I do over express myself from time to time. I'm not always a nice guy, I can be a total douche. And I'll admit, there were times that I really wanted to say something, but I couldn't because I'm a mod. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't kill me as much as it'd kill 32 not to speak out and say something... well, interesting.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:21 am
yeah bada i like how its so easy to find stuff....i have seen it on other threads how about a more in depth profile,like you can have friends have more info about your self you know.
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:58 am
xbay wrote:Well, I'm a mod and I do over express myself from time to time. I'm not always a nice guy, I can be a total douche. And I'll admit, there were times that I really wanted to say something, but I couldn't because I'm a mod. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't kill me as much as it'd kill 32 not to speak out and say something... well, interesting.

not a douche, a D Bag, hahaha who said that? i forgot who started the whole D Bag stuff
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:28 am
I like the way things are structured right now. I'm sure if things get "out of hand" some changes may help specific situations, but I haven't experienced much of that around here. Other boards where people are able to thumbs up or down, or add to or dink your reputation are just petty and childish in my opinion. I could care less how many posts I have, or what the title under my name says.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum