Suggestion Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:46 pm
I'm still confused on what you meant by the certain amount of posts thing, webelieve. And it's okay that you called me TMC, well actually... hmm, idk, you'd have to see the thread to see what I meant. It's nothing bad, it's pretty funny actually.

Interesting idea with the mod election, though. Makes us sound like we're trying to set up a government or something. We already have three mods and an admin, though, so I don't know about the idea of doing that. Especially since last time we tried nominating people like 32, they'd turn it down for their own personal reasons. So it'd be hard to nominate.

I can't say anything just yet, because I think we'd need more than 3-4 guys to consider something. But I appreciate the ideas, keep pouring them on. That is whats so great about freedom of speech! :)
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: SpringTown, Livermore
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:56 pm
xbay wrote:I'm still confused on what you meant by the certain amount of posts thing, webelieve. And it's okay that you called me TMC, well actually... hmm, idk, you'd have to see the thread to see what I meant. It's nothing bad, it's pretty funny actually.

Interesting idea with the mod election, though. Makes us sound like we're trying to set up a government or something. We already have three mods and an admin, though, so I don't know about the idea of doing that. Especially since last time we tried nominating people like 32, they'd turn it down for their own personal reasons. So it'd be hard to nominate.

I can't say anything just yet, because I think we'd need more than 3-4 guys to consider something. But I appreciate the ideas, keep pouring them on. That is whats so great about freedom of speech! :)
i can elaborate on the certain amount of post. he means (i think)nthat when you reach like say 200 post you should be able to instead of hall of famer you could make like a sig like megaposter or superposter
I like pie
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 pm
oaklandfanatic wrote:
xbay wrote:I'm still confused on what you meant by the certain amount of posts thing, webelieve. And it's okay that you called me TMC, well actually... hmm, idk, you'd have to see the thread to see what I meant. It's nothing bad, it's pretty funny actually.

Interesting idea with the mod election, though. Makes us sound like we're trying to set up a government or something. We already have three mods and an admin, though, so I don't know about the idea of doing that. Especially since last time we tried nominating people like 32, they'd turn it down for their own personal reasons. So it'd be hard to nominate.

I can't say anything just yet, because I think we'd need more than 3-4 guys to consider something. But I appreciate the ideas, keep pouring them on. That is whats so great about freedom of speech! :)
i can elaborate on the certain amount of post. he means (i think)nthat when you reach like say 200 post you should be able to instead of hall of famer you could make like a sig like megaposter or superposter


Ohhh okay, I see now. That's a pretty cool idea.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: SpringTown, Livermore
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 pm
i got another idea we could have like you rate a poster 1-10so they have a reputation

1-troll
2-moron
3-nerd(no sport intellect)
4-biased
5-average fan
6-more right then wrong
7-sports fanatic
8-the score knower
9-the stats are god
10-knows when every sports program on

these were off the top of my head feel free to change the name for each through 10
i just wanted you guys to get the feel for that
I like pie
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:11 pm
For once, I like oak's idea. That would be funny... rating other posters.

Could be scary, though, see what people actually think about you. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:02 pm
im kinda confused on this whole voting thing...we already have user moderators dont we? id swear all our moderators were users before they became such *note sarcasm* :wink: ...haha.

i dont have any suggestions...but i like reading other peoples'. ill comment later on ones i find interesting. ahaha
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:49 am
Hmmmmm............interesting.

Not sure we need any more moderators do we?..........obviously with TMC away there is a little hole but its off season and not much going on, and plus he is returning in November ish, so thats around the start of the season so wed be back to full strength mod staff.

Also, some have mentioned candidates as 32 and Migya...........well, Migya was a mod, if you dont know what happend with that..........its a long story...........and as Xbay said, 32 declined the mod position.

I like the rating people thing, it would get a truer value of them as there are people on here who have a hell of alot of posts, who to a new member would appear as a great contributing member of the board.........but they are not..........so the rating would show the truth! :mrgreen: .............not sure how they would be incorporated software wise though.

That is the problem I think, as with most of the ideas in here, would incorporate quite a big software change, I dont know what the board is currently on and what platforms it uses........and whether Hobbes wants to upgrade/pay more to incorporate these.............we need Bada on this one me thinks, as he is the computer/code man.

The private forum back..........I dont know, it was pretty un-used and hey...........I for one say what I want to say everywhere! :mrgreen: with the appropriately placed "*" to censor the word if needed.............plus, man, find your own damned porn!!! :wink:

Not sure about the editing of your "level" though............could get very............ummmm........."interesting" when people name themselves you know. :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:36 am
excellent idea of a thread. We always want to make this board the most enjoyable experience it can be and suggestions from users are welcome. Please keep them coming.

I will comment on a few:

1- User Moderators - yeah, not sure I understand this one. All of the current and former moderators WERE users before. Are you just saying the board needs MORE moderators?

2- Personalize your "tag" by your post count. I have seen this done on many boards before and dont think it would require a huge coding or development effort. In fact this is probably a setting on the admin control panel but not entirely positive. Dont see this as a HUGE win but if enough people think it is a fun idea, I am sure hobbes would consider it.

3- Uncensored Thread - It used to exist but hardly got any use. It really becomes an administrative nightmare as you would have to manually add access on a user by user basis by request and I am sure hobbes has better things to do than field potentially hundreds and hundreds of people asking for access. The board for the most part is pretty open anyway. Just dont post pornographic images. Swearing is pretty tolerated on this board provided it is not used as part of an attack on a member or a person.

4. - Rating posters with titles like "troll", "moron", "average fan" etc. - Dont like this idea at all. This is supposed to be a community where everyone can come to discuss the Dubs, the NBA, other sports, off-topic stuff, etc. This seems a bit "elitist" and attacking. Everyone brings their own style and substance to this board and some people enjoy reading some others posts and not read other posts. Everyone who spends a lot of time here knows who is what... no need to label people. It is just going to spark more fight thread and less threads on the subjects most people come here to read.

5. Speakonit's suggestions - dont have a lot to say on these as they are board admin related stuff that only hobbes can speak to how easy or difficult the current board software allows these to be implemented.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:13 pm
yo b what about the poll in a thread idea
Go Ham
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:39 pm
webelieve wrote:yo b what about the poll in a thread idea


I like the thought but I don't think it is technically possible with this board's software. There may be a way to write code for it but probably would be way more work than the potential benefit.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1335
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 pm
bada wrote:
webelieve wrote:yo b what about the poll in a thread idea


I like the thought but I don't think it is technically possible with this board's software. There may be a way to write code for it but probably would be way more work than the potential benefit.


oh ok,i didnt realize it
Go Ham
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: SpringTown, Livermore
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:12 pm
hey what happen with migya that was so bad about him being a mod
I like pie
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:37 pm
He made a few comments that were viewed as racist.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 921
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm
Location: SpringTown, Livermore
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:07 pm
i got another idea we could make a music place were it is only about music

music you heard of music
music you made
music that people might enjoy

all about music
I like pie
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:23 pm
We have that thread that speak made, "what song are you bumpin" or something like that.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron