bada is a free agent!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Thu May 15, 2008 7:26 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:the 8 hour interviews


The rest of the process sounds pretty similar, but 8 hour interviews?. Ours are like... 20 minutes or so.


depends on the company but that is not terribly uncommon to be at a place all day interviewing.

First you may meet with the hiring manger for an hour. Then he/she may want you to meet with several of your would be peers. Those can take an hour each, then you may meet the hiring managers boss and the CIO or even CEO. It is pretty gruling. That is not usually the case though... I would say typically the first interviews last about 2 - 3 hours. Then if you are brought back for a 2nd round, they may last 3-5 hours.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu May 15, 2008 7:47 am
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:the 8 hour interviews


The rest of the process sounds pretty similar, but 8 hour interviews?. Ours are like... 20 minutes or so.


depends on the company but that is not terribly uncommon to be at a place all day interviewing.

First you may meet with the hiring manger for an hour. Then he/she may want you to meet with several of your would be peers. Those can take an hour each, then you may meet the hiring managers boss and the CIO or even CEO. It is pretty gruling. That is not usually the case though... I would say typically the first interviews last about 2 - 3 hours. Then if you are brought back for a 2nd round, they may last 3-5 hours.


haha... that's what I call an interview process. Ours is nothing like that. If you get an interview, it's because they like your CV. Once you get the interview, it's pretty simple: They like how you look and your pose, and you're hired. If not, nothing you can do is gonna change their minds.

Pretty simple, pretty straightforward... and doesn't take more than 20 minutes. :wink:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Thu May 15, 2008 8:22 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:the 8 hour interviews


The rest of the process sounds pretty similar, but 8 hour interviews?. Ours are like... 20 minutes or so.


depends on the company but that is not terribly uncommon to be at a place all day interviewing.

First you may meet with the hiring manger for an hour. Then he/she may want you to meet with several of your would be peers. Those can take an hour each, then you may meet the hiring managers boss and the CIO or even CEO. It is pretty gruling. That is not usually the case though... I would say typically the first interviews last about 2 - 3 hours. Then if you are brought back for a 2nd round, they may last 3-5 hours.


haha... that's what I call an interview process. Ours is nothing like that. If you get an interview, it's because they like your CV. Once you get the interview, it's pretty simple: They like how you look and your pose, and you're hired. If not, nothing you can do is gonna change their minds.

Pretty simple, pretty straightforward... and doesn't take more than 20 minutes. :wink:


Man............2-3 hours initial interview, then 3-5 second interview.............that IS grueling! damn.

Like TMC said, I suppose over here in Europe its very different (or do you think its more you field Bada???)..............I think the longest interview Ive ever had was about 45 mins, others that included doing tests and what-not but thats not really part of the interview.

I have only ever not got a job from an interview once, and that was an "in-house"/"in-company" interview.............they said that I used my hands too much!!! :?: .............as far as when I was talking I was using my hands, you know what I mean? they also said I used too many big words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........can you f*cking believe that???..............I mean, my vocabulary is ok but not to the standard of many people I know, just madness.............I think one of my enemies must have said some sh*t about me, or they were just too chicken sh*t to tell me I wasnt right for the job.

So yeah, as TMC says, alot is based on you, your appearance, your personality, and how you present yourself, all quick hits and out...........evident from how I once nailed and got a job from interview with a high end mortgage broker company, on the Wall Street of London (The Strand) without any previous knowledge, backgroud or training............I just nailed it with me you know. :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Thu May 15, 2008 9:55 am
Bada-
as you know sometimes a bad thing turns out to be the best thing that ever happened...you will probably look back and be thankfull you got pushed out as your next venture will be even better than you could have thought.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1357
» Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:43 pm
Any luck yet Bada? Yahoo are hiring programmers like crazy people. (I don't work there but I've thought about it).
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:02 am
Well, the search is over! I was offered a great position with a pre-IPO software company and I accepted the offer yesterday morning. I am releived the search is over.

It all worked out well as my current company kept extending me so I have not had to suffer any loss of income.

I will be starting on Sep 8th after taking a week or so off.

My time on the board will probably be a bit less while I put my head down to get up to speed in my new role.

Thanks again to all of those people that had best wishes for me and even PM'd me with suggestions. Appreciate it!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:05 am
bada wrote:Well, the search is over! I was offered a great position with a pre-IPO software company and I accepted the offer yesterday morning. I am releived the search is over.

It all worked out well as my current company kept extending me so I have not had to suffer any loss of income.

I will be starting on Sep 8th after taking a week or so off.

My time on the board will probably be a bit less while I put my head down to get up to speed in my new role.

Thanks again to all of those people that had best wishes for me and even PM'd me with suggestions. Appreciate it!


Yay!!!!! Congrats Bada! Hopefully your board time won't be cut down too much, we'd miss you!!!!!!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:27 am
bada wrote:Well, the search is over! I was offered a great position with a pre-IPO software company and I accepted the offer yesterday morning. I am releived the search is over.

It all worked out well as my current company kept extending me so I have not had to suffer any loss of income.

I will be starting on Sep 8th after taking a week or so off.

My time on the board will probably be a bit less while I put my head down to get up to speed in my new role.

Thanks again to all of those people that had best wishes for me and even PM'd me with suggestions. Appreciate it!


Great stuff man!!! congratulations, well deserved of course, you should have have a P-A-R-T-Y!

Bet that package is nice huh?................question..............can you lend me a couple of thou? :oops: :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:52 am
Congrats, Bada. It was about time. I'm sure it's been an exhausting process, but seems like everything ended the right way, so I'm glad you've achieved what you wanted.

Don't worry after missing any time on the boad, bro. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated, as ever, even if you can't post as much as you've been doing lately.

Moderator
Posts: 5370
» Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:55 am
bada wrote:Well, the search is over! I was offered a great position with a pre-IPO software company and I accepted the offer yesterday morning. I am releived the search is over.

It all worked out well as my current company kept extending me so I have not had to suffer any loss of income.

I will be starting on Sep 8th after taking a week or so off.

My time on the board will probably be a bit less while I put my head down to get up to speed in my new role.

Thanks again to all of those people that had best wishes for me and even PM'd me with suggestions. Appreciate it!


hey bada, i had no idea on ur situation. i was in hiatus from the board at the time, but its great to see u back on ur feet. glad to hear some good news.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 pm
Awesome. Congrats, bada. I completely forgot you were out of work for a while... which explains a lot to why you were on the board more than I would think. Best of luck with your job.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:35 pm
thanks guys... really appreciate it.

I actually was NOT out of work technically. My company laid me off but then kept extending my final date cause they had some other projects they wanted me to work on. worked out great as I essentially was getting paid to work.

Reason why I was so much more active here was that the work I had only took about 3 hours a day, then I would spend about 3 hours/day on the job search so had a few hours each day to surf the net! was sweet!

But soon will be back to reality! :(

Actually that is good cause I was getting a bit bored.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5891
» Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:23 am
FREE AGENT???

For a second i thought we were about to discuss some Tittie Bars and Whorehouses we could visit!!!

Usually a free agent in my eyes is someone who doesn't have a missus.. i usually call the unemployed... DOLE BLUDGERS

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:27 pm
congrats bada! looks like the summer vacation is over eh? haha. good luck with your new job and congrats again!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests