bada is a free agent!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:49 pm
well guys and gals, I have been layed off from my job. :(

The project that I have been working on has been delayed until at least 2010 meaning everyone on the project lost their jobs. My employment will last until mid july so I have some time to find something.

So this means that bada will be making visits to try and land a nice new contract! :)

If anyone knows of any companies looking for a Data Warehouse developer, let me know.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:57 pm

damn bada that sucks man!

why did they delay it?
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:00 pm
webelieve wrote:Image

why did they delay it?

thanks bro. They delayed it because they are idiots. They actually just delayed FUTURE implementations. So in essence, half the company is done, other half is not. It is strickly a cost saving measure as the company has had a bad year but they have already probably spent over 100 million on the project and the benefits we have already seen from it has been enormous. It is short sided if you ask me.
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:03 pm
bada wrote:
webelieve wrote:Image

why did they delay it?

thanks bro. They delayed it because they are idiots. They actually just delayed FUTURE implementations. So in essence, half the company is done, other half is not. It is strickly a cost saving measure as the company has had a bad year but they have already probably spent over 100 million on the project and the benefits we have already seen from it has been enormous. It is short sided if you ask me.

oh man im sorry that sucks.

you got anything in mind?like other employment options?
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:04 pm
That sucks. Well, I guess it's gotta happen at least once in your lifetime. Best of luck in finding a new job.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:06 pm
yeah, have a few things in the hopper. I have many connections in the field and my company is contacting people on my behalf and will write me a great recomendation.

I just DESPISE the whole "process" of finding a job. The interviews, the waiting for call backs, the salary negotiations, etc.

And the fact that I have two young children to support so cant be as picky as I might want to be otherwise.
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:08 pm
xbay wrote:That sucks. Well, I guess it's gotta happen at least once in your lifetime. Best of luck in finding a new job.

well, wish it WAS the first time! Well, the other time was a bit different. Oracle hostily took over my other company despite us trying to fight it off for almost 2 years. That Larry Ellison is one competitive SOB!
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:09 pm
yeah bada that sucks best of luck with your family and everything.Im sure things will work out.
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:10 pm
thanks again webelieve!

it will be fine but if you see me overreact in a post and lose my composure, just know that the job search is taking its toll! So I apologize in advance to anyone if I fly off the handle.
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:13 pm
yeah man just have faith in the almighty raptor jesus haha :wink:

dont worry you snap well all know.just dont snap on me haha :mrgreen:
Go Ham
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:04 am
I already said it via PM, but best luck on your search, Bada. Hope you find a new, satisfying job... and that you find it soon.

It's funny that you talk about salary negotiations... Here it's more like the company deciding your salary. Everybody pays more or less the same, so if you don't agree, they'll go for another sucker.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:36 am
Man...............Bada, Im sorry to hear that bud.

Atleast you have a real specific, transferable skill that is and always will be in demand.

Dude, you should get hold of an Xbox 360 and be an unemployed bum like me! :wink:

Also, as TMC said.............its weird to hear "salary NEGOTIATION"...........man, unless your some hotshot badass, its take what we offer or piss off. :( ..............although I suppose its more to do with your field too, as that kind of work you can demand/ask for certain things for your services.

Good luck my man, Im sure with your aptitude, personality and skills, youll be back amongst it in no time. :D ...........I hate the whole process too, especially if its something your not all that interested in and just have to do it...........maybe we should get on the phone to each other and do some mock interviews for practice. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:06 pm
bigstrads wrote:Man...............Bada, Im sorry to hear that bud.

Atleast you have a real specific, transferable skill that is and always will be in demand.

Yes, I am thankful for that!

bigstrads wrote:Dude, you should get hold of an Xbox 360 and be an unemployed bum like me! :wink:

Yeah, JUST what I need! Although it is tempting.... sounds like you guys have a lot of fun.

bigstrads wrote:Also, as TMC said.............its weird to hear "salary NEGOTIATION"...........man, unless your some hotshot badass, its take what we offer or piss off. :( ..............although I suppose its more to do with your field too, as that kind of work you can demand/ask for certain things for your services.

No, hardly some badass, but it really comes down to how easily a position can be replaced. I do have some leverage in that regard because of my experience.

And when I say salary negotiations, I really mean compensation negotiations and that comes in many forms. I certainly WILL try like heck to get my desired salary. Most of the time I get that number, but occassionally that does not happen then I will negotiate on other fronts.... ie. more stock, an upfront signing bonus, or even extra weeks of vacation per year. There are always creative ways to try and make yourself "whole", compensation wise.

bigstrads wrote:Good luck my man, Im sure with your aptitude, personality and skills, youll be back amongst it in no time. :D ...........I hate the whole process too, especially if its something your not all that interested in and just have to do it...........maybe we should get on the phone to each other and do some mock interviews for practice. :mrgreen:

Thanks for those words bro. Yes, I just despise the process. The phone screens, the 8 hour interviews, the follow up "thank you" call, the wait for a call back, etc. JUST BLOWS!
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:28 pm
bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Dude, you should get hold of an Xbox 360 and be an unemployed bum like me! :wink:

Yeah, JUST what I need! Although it is tempting.... sounds like you guys have a lot of fun.

You should do it man!!!.........doesnt matter how old you are (I would recommend Call Of Duty 4 of course).............just takes away some of the boredom, pain and frustration...........especially when you get to shoot the sh*t out of a load of annoying bastards. :wink:

Bada wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Good luck my man, Im sure with your aptitude, personality and skills, youll be back amongst it in no time. :D ...........I hate the whole process too, especially if its something your not all that interested in and just have to do it...........maybe we should get on the phone to each other and do some mock interviews for practice. :mrgreen:

Thanks for those words bro. Yes, I just despise the process. The phone screens, the 8 hour interviews, the follow up "thank you" call, the wait for a call back, etc. JUST BLOWS!

Man, yeah, the waiting is the worst part.................I applied for "savior" job, as I call it, one which I really wanted to do and would have been something that I actually wanted to do for the first time in my life................I wait 4 weeks (as stated) then find out that 80 people applied for 1 position, and I didnt even make the interview stage. :cry:

Ahh well, such is life, atleast we have our fine ladies and families to fall back on.............and I have my Xbox too! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 am
bada wrote:the 8 hour interviews

The rest of the process sounds pretty similar, but 8 hour interviews?. Ours are like... 20 minutes or so.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum