Call of Duty 4 Thread

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:17 pm
You guys know what the best class is for sniping? I have two seperate classes, one for Hardcore and one for Normal.

Normal:
M40A3
Gold Desert Eagle
Claymore (x2)
Stopping Power
Deep Impact
Frag/Smoke (x1)

Hardcore:
M40A3
Gold Desert Eagle
Claymore (x2)
UAV Jammer
Deep Impact
Frag/Smoke (x1)

I dont really use the Iron Lungs perk a whole lot. I feel like if you are a good sniper, you dont need it. You shouldn't have to hold your breath for a million seconds just to get a shot. Line it up, take a breath, and pop him in the face.

Also, I use Stopping Power for Normal because I need it. Normal is tough to shoot guys on. Just aim for the chest or above, and you should get 'em.

I went 19-1 on Normal before the game cut me off. This seems like a good set-up.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:24 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:You guys know what the best class is for sniping? I have two seperate classes, one for Hardcore and one for Normal.

Normal:
M40A3
Gold Desert Eagle
Claymore (x2)
Stopping Power
Deep Impact
Frag/Smoke (x1)

Hardcore:
M40A3
Gold Desert Eagle
Claymore (x2)
UAV Jammer
Deep Impact
Frag/Smoke (x1)

I dont really use the Iron Lungs perk a whole lot. I feel like if you are a good sniper, you dont need it. You shouldn't have to hold your breath for a million seconds just to get a shot. Line it up, take a breath, and pop him in the face.

Also, I use Stopping Power for Normal because I need it. Normal is tough to shoot guys on. Just aim for the chest or above, and you should get 'em.

I went 19-1 on Normal before the game cut me off. This seems like a good set-up.

Yeah, you definately got those spot on............thats exactly what I use (apart from the Im usually with the Dragunov or 50.Cal and I dont use the deagle, as it moves too much for me)

The reason I was moaning about not being able to put guys down on Bog earlier, was because Ive NEVER sniped in anything but hardcore, so didnt have stopping power on............so f'ing dumb how you put a 50.cal straight in a guys chest, he just looks at you and laughs, then puts a skorpion bullet in your toe and you die instantly. :roll:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:47 pm
My last three games have been 19-1, 18-4, and 10-2. If you are patient enough to wait for the head to pop out, you have an easy head-shot. Man, I actually prefer the M40A3 to the .50 cal. The .50 cal has way too much recoil for me. By the time it resets itself, the guy is gone. The M40 can get two or three shots on a guy before he turns the corner. Also, adding Deep Impact lets you get the guys that think they are slick by hiding behind a wall or something.

I had one guy that was running away from me. I had to kill the immediate threat, a guy coming right at me first. By the time I turned around, the guy running away from me was just turning a corner around a brick building. I sent a blind shot through the building, just to see what would happen. I apparently hit him and got him in Last Stand because I got a kill about ten seconds later, and I didnt shoot anybody else. I love this class. :mrgreen:

But, yeah, not having Iron Lungs can be irritating at times, but the Deep Impact is too much fun not to have.

With this class, I can hold my own with near any sniper. I always die the fewest times on my team, and am in the middle of the pack or a little higher in terms of kills every game. Fun, fun, fun! :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:53 pm
Goodbye prestige number 8, hello prestige number 9..... Where is everyone ranked right now? Bigs, I'm sure you already got your gold cross by now...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:03 pm
speakonitgod wrote:Goodbye prestige number 8, hello prestige number 9..... Where is everyone ranked right now? Bigs, I'm sure you already got your gold cross by now...

When I was playing with James yesterday, he was 51 on the last prestige. He may have beaten the game by now.

I am 55 on the fifth or sixth. Maybe. I dont know which one. Whatever. I am not moving, anyways. I have been working on the gold guns. Getting decently close on a couple. Assault, Sniper, and Shotgun.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:19 am
speakonitgod wrote:Goodbye prestige number 8, hello prestige number 9..... Where is everyone ranked right now? Bigs, I'm sure you already got your gold cross by now...

Yeah man, Im Gold 53 now.............just trying to get all my favourite gun Red Tigers back, got Red on the Dragunov already, Blue on G36c and Blue on G3.

Sf, yours is the 3rd one man, I remember as that one was the one I stopped and got my Golden AK =

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:24 am
bigstrads wrote:

Yeah man, Im Gold 53 now.............just trying to get all my favourite gun Red Tigers back, got Red on the Dragunov already, Blue on G36c and Blue on G3.

Sf, yours is the 3rd one man, I remember as that one was the one I stopped and got my Golden AK =

Shhhh.... he doesnt know that. :mrgreen:

No, it feels like more because of the first time around. You should get credit for beating it the first time.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:11 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Shhhh.... he doesnt know that. :mrgreen:

No, it feels like more because of the first time around. You should get credit for beating it the first time.

I agree, I always got the numbers mixed up because of the first one not being a prestige..........suppose it makes sense when you think of the purpose of "prestige"............its weird though because people always say there are 10 "levels" but really there are eleven to go through.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:20 pm
Well.............I think I maybe done with this game now...............just so bored with it, and fed up with the p*ssies who turn every map into a dark corner/random corner/wait 3 minutes to kill someone corner, team c*ck sucking camp fest.............its so pathetic, and I think Ive had enough of it, and enough of calling them all total f*ggots.

Ohh well, I had a good run, its the best game Ive ever player..........Im a 55 10th (11th :wink:) Presitge.

Ill probably be on again tomorrow though. :mrgreen: .............but for now, I have taken the game out of my Xbox and put in NBA Live for the first time in 2 months! :shock:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:26 am
Im not letting this thread die without a fight!!! :evil: :mrgreen:

Anyway, ignoring my last post in here, I have been playing of course, on my way to the Golden Dragunov, Ive got 50.Cal Red Tiger and Dragunov so far.

What I wanted to ask, was what are your most kills with a single Bullet/Grenade/Airstrike/RPG/Noob Tube? mine =

Bullet

I got 3 guys with 1 .50 Cal bullet on Countdown (Hardcore)

They were in the hangers, the ones with the wooden boxes in between..........I was on the missle silo verge on the far right (not the silos in the middle) and just saw one guy standing right in the entrance to the hanger, facing the other way. As I squared up for my headshot, another guy came through the door, I fired..........and 3 kills appeared.........I guess there must have been one behind the boxes behind these. :mrgreen:

Grenade

4 with 1!!!............was on Chinatown (Hardcore).............these losers were all camping in the same building, on the same floor!.........so I sneaked around and lobbed a grenade in there...........see ya fags! :mrgreen:

Airstrike

My infamous game winning, last second 5 with one Airstrike on Overgrown (Hardcore). There was about 12 seconds left, I had just got an Airstrike but got killed straight after..........the score = 730-700 to the enemy. I re-spawn with about 8 seconds to go, UAV is up, I see a whole bunch of them together, bring that sh*t in (score was 740-700 now) and BOOM! 5 of them in one go............GAME OVER! :mrgreen:

RPG

Did this yesterday, and had my whole team in stitches...........4 with 1 RPG! on Vacant (Hardcore). When I spawn outside, I love to just run straight in the front door, go to the right down the main hallway, then fire one into the doorway at the far end............always get 1 or 2............this time = 4! :mrgreen:

Noob Tube

Dont really use it all but I usually do when I first start a Prestige, as no Red Dots yet and no Claymores. The best Ive had was a full cross map 2 kill on Pipeline (Hardcore Search and Destroy). The funny things was that Id never tried it before, and just decided to give it a go (I had entered the game 2 rounds in) and got 2...........then even funnier was that we switched sides straight after that round.........AND I DID IT AGAIN FROM THE OTHER SIDE! :mrgreen:

Ohh well, thats my bragging over................now you guys turn??? (If anyone checks this/is bothered anymore that is? :cry: )
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:41 am
Bullet

2 with 1. I was on Crash camping behind a couple of garbage cans (yeah, high class, I know) watching the big three story building with an M21. I saw one guy run by, but I didnt have time to shoot, so I waited. I didnt want to give up my position. I then saw one more stick his head out. I waited for my shot. When he finally took one step out, I took off his head. As I shot, I saw one more person step right behind him at about the same level. Two headshots. Very pretty. :mrgreen:

Grenade

4 with 1. I was playing on Vacant and our team was getting beat pretty bad. I saw that everybody was camping out in their respawn room, hiding behind a bunch of tables. I threw a grenade in there without knowing exactly where they were, and got four of them.

Airstrike

5 with 1. I got five kills with an airstrike yesterday, in fact. I was trying out my M16 by camping out in the grass on Downpour. I got a couple of kills in a row and called a UAV. Two more kills got me my Airstrike. I looked on my UAV and they were all (literally, all) about one house away from me. I called it right on top of me and ran back into our safe houses. I saw them chasing me and I saw them getting blasted. All five of them. One stayed in the house, though. :cry:

RPG

0. The RPG is for taking down helicopters, not for shooting people. The only time I use it is for taking down birds. I have never shot it at people. Stupid people do that. :wink:

Noob Tube
This is my thing, man. I got 4 with 1 on one game of Search and Destroy. We were playing defense on Crossfire (maybe Strike, I dont know. The one with a lot of sniping spots.) and this same guy kept sniping me from the exact same spot. I got out my trusty M203, flanked them to the side, and shot. I only thought it was one, when it was four. Took out 75% of the team with one shot. 200 points for me. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:05 pm
You know what I love most about the Noob Tube? It pisses people off. They'll start sh*t talking after they start dying a bunch of times via your Noob Tube. And it's just hilarious that they continuously complain about it. Same with Juggernaut.

If you can use it, don't waste it. I mean seriously, would you buy a new pair of shoes and only wear it once or twice in its whole time of you owning it? People need to get a grip when it comes to video games. It's not like we have unlimited ammo and health.

Oh man... Game Shark... ahhh, the old days.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:09 am
nah this thread had a good run but i think its just about done j sorry mate

haha

whenever you want some of the big boy offense hit me up phoenix suns big boy offense yeaa
Go Ham
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:13 am
Thoughts of playing COD are what get me through the work day, just thought I'd put that out there lol.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:51 am
Still have no internet! dammit, i'm gettin COD4 cravings
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum