Southwest Airlines Commercials

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:22 pm
Has anyone seen these SWA commercials that are making a mockery of the Performance Enhancing Drugs "scandal" in Professional sports? These things are hilarious. I just saw another one on FSN while watching a telecast of the Sharks game today.

For those of you who aren't local...heres a few

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcMPpo-81w[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRjv3sWYXs0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bQLLc6cHuOQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Being in the field of Marketing myself, I think it is absolutely genius to capitalize on the fact that this steroids stuff has become a complete circus.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:48 am
Ahh marketing................take advantage of and use anything and everything..............capitalizing on a scandalous situation and say "hey, productivity enhancers are funny..........we all do em!........you should try em to!............go on kids!..........youll be cool and we'll make adverts about it!"

Of course I see the irony and the humour.................hell, Im all for taking the piss out of these situations, just not on television adverts that are seen by kids.

Thats just grumpy me. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:53 pm
I still like what the Got Milk? campaign did with steroids in baseball a few years back better. They had a bunch of the ads, much like the SWA campaign, but here is the only one I could find.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSA3Dftpi6I[/youtube]
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 am
I'm so sick of anything that has to do with steriods, these commercials just bother me. Being in sales and marketing myself, I understand the play Southwest is trying to make by capitalizing on the media parade, but its still just plain old annoying to me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:11 am
:dontknow: I just don't find them funny at all. I'm aware about all the fuss with steroid use but... who cares?. Is it that big as to make a full ad campaign focusing on them?

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:28 am
TMC wrote::dontknow: I just don't find them funny at all. I'm aware about all the fuss with steroid use but... who cares?. Is it that big as to make a full ad campaign focusing on them?

what do you mean bro they got a stinkingcongressional hearing and an fbi investigation going :banghead: :banghead:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:31 am
JOEL wrote:
TMC wrote::dontknow: I just don't find them funny at all. I'm aware about all the fuss with steroid use but... who cares?. Is it that big as to make a full ad campaign focusing on them?

what do you mean bro they got a stinkingcongressional hearing and an fbi investigation going :banghead: :banghead:

But thats only because Clemens probably commited purgury isnt it?............the latter stuff isnt just to do with the fact that he did steroids is it?

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:35 am
bigstrads wrote:
JOEL wrote:

But thats only because Clemens probably commited purgury isnt it?............the latter stuff isnt just to do with the fact that he did steroids is it?

fbi is gonna try to catch his lie.
the congress bullsh1t is posturing and camera time for the f-cklicks
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:43 am
JOEL wrote:

I know. Still think it's ridiculous the amount of exposure it's getting.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:14 pm
bigstrads wrote:
JOEL wrote:

not really, if you look at Bonds' situation the investigations started with tax fraud...they wanted to get him anyway they could, and now they will do the same to Clemens...it always has and always will be about the roids. Doesn't Congress have bigger things to worry about :scratch:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:18 pm
sleandres wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
JOEL wrote:

not really, if you look at Bonds' situation the investigations started with tax fraud...they wanted to get him anyway they could, and now they will do the same to Clemens...it always has and always will be about the roids. Doesn't Congress have bigger things to worry about :scratch:

Indeed.................why does it have to go this far? obviously if taxes are involved then yeah, but all the way to the top? why cant the league just handle it?................Image

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:08 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
JOEL wrote:

[b]Indeed.................why does it have to go this far? obviously if taxes are involved then yeah, but all the way to the top? why cant the league just handle it?................[[/b]img]http://ganjataz.com/01smileys/images/smileys/saddunce.gif[/img]

um cuz they think baseball is boring and since the strike nobody wants to watch...so they juice it up to put some butts in the seats
T.S. Eliot

Return to Off-Topic Forum