What has this board done for you?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:47 am
I'm curious to know. The question I'm asking is hard for me to put together so here's my take on this thread...

To be honest, this board has been my stress ball at times meaning I post as often as I can to release the tension and stress I feel. A while back while I was going through some issues with friends, I'd come here at least 4-5 times a day just because it kept my mind off of everything and helped me concentrate. IMO, that's when I posted at my best rather than putting a simple opinion or spamming with an emoticon. Also, as of recently I've been going through with some crap with a certain girl and just by going here has really helped me keep the stress from building up. Everyone here has made me feel welcomed and you all have helped me get my mind off things even though you didn't know.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:00 am
Very nice idea for a thread, XBay.

I must say that I also used the board in a similar way, like my own stress ball. I've been studying non-stop for more than two years, 8-10 hours per day, to pass the exams for my current job, and I used the board to free myself from the stress of that burden, resting each hour or couple of hours and checking the board to stop thinking about other worries and things like that. And I have to say it worked more often than not. People here have helped me (unknowingly) a great deal.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:04 am
I agree guys...............the reason I didnt used to post so much (even though Ive been here for a long time) is because I never felt like I had time and didnt want to put my thoughts in half assed.............ever since I quit my job and have not been working at all (now 4 months ago!) it has helped me to relax and enjoy the company (if you know what I mean)............this is my occupation right now! :mrgreen:

Also, for me, being in England and not knowing a single other basketball fan, let alone a Warrior fan, it is my only outlet to talk basketball...........so its helped me with that.

As well, as I kind of lost interest in the NBA in general in the like 99 to 03, still followed the Warriors of course but not particularly closely, just box-score looking...........so its brought me fully back up to speed and re-ignighted my love for NBA as a whole.

Overall, this board is great, has its flaws and evil swines every now and then............it does make me sad how some of the older guard, guys who really made this place great, dont post so much anymore...........but weve got a good new bunch................LONG LIVE GOLDENSTWARRIORS.COM!!! :D :D :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:10 am
bigstrads wrote:Also, for me, being in England and not knowing a single other basketball fan, let alone a Warrior fan, it is my only outlet to talk basketball...........so its helped me with that.

Oh, yeah... I think I can definitely relate to that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:26 am
One of my favorite things about this board is the quality of imput that people put in. I really cant talk Warriors with anybody. My parents dont watch, my friends at school dont watch, my teachers dont watch, and I feel like I need to talk to myself about that Baron Davis step-back three. :wink:

Part of the reason I am always on here is because there is always somebody on here to talk with, and it gives me a place to say my opinions.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:02 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:One of my favorite things about this board is the quality of imput that people put in. I really cant talk Warriors with anybody. My parents dont watch, my friends at school dont watch, my teachers dont watch, and I feel like I need to talk to myself about that Baron Davis step-back three. :wink:

Part of the reason I am always on here is because there is always somebody on here to talk with, and it gives me a place to say my opinions.

I kind of have to agree. Until recently I had no friends that liked the Warriors. My two best friends are now fans, however one of them just likes to drool over Matt Barnes (not that I don't participate in the drooling occasionally) and the other one is mostly fascinated with making up nicknames for the players. They like basketball and they watch all the games and stuff, but they're not really into the fundamentals.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:36 pm
I love getting the opportunity to share my opinions, similar to calling into KNBR which I do occasionally, but here there is no waiting on hold :mrgreen: Moreover, I enjoy everyone else's take on the topics as well.

And as sfsfsf said, there is always someone on. If I am ever having a tough day at work, I just jump on goldenstwarriors.com for a few minutes. Same thing after dinner, after a game or if I just can't get to sleep.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:34 am
this board gives me a chance to talk intellectually about sports, mainly basketball (again mostly the warriors), with other people. normally i'd talk to my friends about stuff like this, but since we graduated high school its become harder every year cuz we all have realized that we gotta grow up and get our sh*t straight. also the fact that i get other opinions from people with a different point of view on things. id say 75% of the time i talk with my friends about stuff on like this, we'll agree. here its more a 50/50 thing where good debate goes on.

just wanted to mention...

no matter where the arguements/ difference of opinions lead, there is never, nor has there ever been, any bad blood from me. i believe that all of us here are/should be mature enough to realize that. i apologize for any posts by me that may have felt like a personal attack on anyone. i really value each member's opinion and hope that mine is valued in return.

that said...GO DUBS
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:41 am
EMan32 wrote:talk intellectually about sports

I didn't know that could possibly happen. :mrgreen:

EMan32 wrote:I really value each member's opinion and hope that mine is valued in return.

Of course it's valued, don't doubt it for a second. I enjoy reading all of your posts, EMan.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:40 am
My two best friends are Lakers fans.. enough said...... lol

Honestly, I haven't been here long enough to expound upon what this board has done for me, but I have met a few good souls so far, so that in and of itself makes it a good thing. I guess I'd have to say that I have learned more about the NBA, trading, other teams, players, stats and other things, that I don't have the time or patience to research myself, from others on the board who are more knowledgeable than myself.

When I moved to west coast in the early 90's, I was playing hoops every saturday in the Mission district. We had a really good thing going. The Warriors were doing pretty well at the time. I loved their scrappy, hustle style of play. The main thing that drew me in was their obvious love for the game and obvious joy they had in playing together. That is hugely lacking in the NBA and most professional sports in my opinion. Athletes are spoiled for the most part. So when I see a team that isn't supposed to win, toughin up, and play like winners with abandon, regardless of outcome or salary contracts, I have to give it up to them. The TMC teams and the current one, embody that spirit.

After the webber/sprewell etc disaster, it was hard to watch them. I gave them a few years, but finally got disgusted with the owners and management. You can only have your hopes dashed so many times. You can't keep expecting one outcome when the front office does not share that goal.

But I always hoped they'd get better. and they did! Mullin as GM is the main reason I believe for this turn around. At least it started with that.

Lastly, my wife doesn't want to listen to me talk about the Warriors, so you guys get to be beneficiaries of my random platitudes. Thanks for reading...

:D

and one more thing, I miss Billy Owens :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:00 pm
Jackattack wrote:My two best friends are Lakers fans.. enough said...... lol

Gahhh, I'd die if my best friends were fans of another team... especially if it were the Lakers. My bests are Warriors fans as well, but it's hard to start a conversation with them because they don't really know what to say. In other words, they're illiterate-Warrior fans.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:32 pm
Well, I like reading on here because it's been a stress-ball too. It's just pure Warriors, and nothing else from my life that I have to deal with. It's also nice to find a different range of opinions on here.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:01 pm
This board is awesome its everything I ever wanted in a forum I remember when I was on the net I was bored of watching Warrior videos on YouTube and thought of searching for a Warriors forum. I found a couple but this one seemed to have the most knowledgeable heads so I chose this place... Plus the comments here are hilarious.... Now I have somewhere to vent when the Warriors do bad, and somewhere to cheer when they do good. This board rules.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:58 pm
This board has allowed me to talk about the ridiculous things that only die hard Warrior fans know - things like:

- SWA commericals
- The giant blonde cheerleaders
- Sandy from Fremont Bank
- The lady who kicks bowls onto her head at halftime
- Many other strange and niched topics

Return to Off-Topic Forum