MLB practical joke

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:08 pm
This is some pretty funny stuff...Philadelphia Phillies' Brett Myers wanted to play a prank on teammate Kyle Kendrick and got everyone involved. Manager Charlie Manuel, Assistant GM of the Phillies and even Kendrick's agent were in on this...check out the video when you have time, his reactions are hilarious.

Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Kyle Kendrick was shocked to learn that he'd been traded to the Yomiuri Giants in Japan for a player named "Kobayashi Iwamura."
"I don't know what to think right now," he told reporters outside his locker shortly after getting the news from assistant general manager Ruben Amaro Jr.
Had he truly been thinking, he would have realized that such deals are prohibited. And with a little digging he could have found out that there is no Kobayashi Iwamura playing in Japan.
The "trade" was, in fact, a prank. The ruse was orchestrated by pitcher Brett Myers and was elaborate enough to include Amaro, manager Charlie Manuel, Kendrick's agent, the media and others.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nKKqPOiJxI[/youtube]
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:13 pm
I saw it. The guy's gotta be pretty dense to believe a joke as flimsy as "you've been traded to Japan". :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:14 pm
haha... traded to Japan?. He should have realized it was a prank right after hearing it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:35 pm
Not only to Japan, but for the Hot Dog eating champ nonetheless. I applaud the Phillies clubhouse for going all out on this though.

Return to Off-Topic Forum