All-Star Weekend

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:55 pm
Very good All-Star Weekend, I think. I'm not sure if you guys watched, and I know that some of you are boycotting it, and that is fine. Just wanted to hear your guys' takes on todays action.

Howard is an f'n beast. Man, he is gross. I cast my vote for him. Green, though talented, will get all of two votes. His mom and a diehard T-Wolves fan. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:47 pm
Dwight Howard is a man-child. The kid went beyond creativity with his Superman dunk. What a stud.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:53 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Dwight Howard is a man-child. The kid went beyond creativity with his Superman dunk. What a stud.


Am I the only one that thinks that the impersonation of superman, the cupcake and all those gimmicks were pretty dumb?. This was supposed to be a dunk contest, not a costume party.


For some reason, the dunk contest has lost all of it's creativity. That creativity comes now from outside sources, not innovation on dunks (which I know it's pretty hard to do... but that's where the beauty of the contest is).
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:57 am
TMC wrote:For some reason, the dunk contest has lost all of it's creativity. That creativity comes now from outside sources, not innovation on dunks (which I know it's pretty hard to do... but that's where the beauty of the contest is).


It is hard to think of original dunks after all these years of the dunk contest. Like it or not, props are how it is going to be done. The cake, the cape, stuff like that. His dunk was good, anyway. Woulda been a perfect score regardless.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:44 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:For some reason, the dunk contest has lost all of it's creativity. That creativity comes now from outside sources, not innovation on dunks (which I know it's pretty hard to do... but that's where the beauty of the contest is).


It is hard to think of original dunks after all these years of the dunk contest. Like it or not, props are how it is going to be done. The cake, the cape, stuff like that. His dunk was good, anyway. Woulda been a perfect score regardless.


Yeah, I know what you mean, but I still don't think that should be part of the contest. I find it a bit ridiculous. What's next?. Next year is gonna win the guy that makes a dunk with a Mac 10 between his teeth?


Oh, well... I'm one of the few claiming to suppress the ASG altogether. You can safely disregard anything I say about it.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Where Da Wild Things R
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:01 pm
I am so disappointed in the dunk contest. It looked like a fuckin circus act. And to add to that, Dwight Howard's superman dunk was NOT an actual dunk. He didn't even touch the rim!! wtf!!!!
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:32 pm
speakonitgod wrote:I am so disappointed in the dunk contest. It looked like a fuckin circus act. And to add to that, Dwight Howard's superman dunk was NOT an actual dunk. He didn't even touch the rim!! wtf!!!!


Thats what I was screaming at man!!!..............when I saw it from behind on the first angle, I was pretty excited................but on the replays, I couldnt believe that no-one pointed out that it wasnt actually a dunk.............by definition it wasnt............crazy................they just got caught up in all the gimmicks I suppose, thats what its going to turn into now, simple or old dunks with gimmicky twists.

Although I was glad that Green got a low'ish score for doing a between the legs without shoes.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:00 pm
Wait...what...this was All Star Weekend :mrgreen:

Didn't watch any of it...
Image

All Star
Posts: 2742
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: surviving in your world
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:06 pm
i think howard won the contest before he put on the costume...
imo he won with the off the back of the back board..
i also like the left off the back board and jamm with the right
Image
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:26 am
JOEL wrote:imo he won with the off the back of the back board..


That was a good one. Prolly the only worthy dunk of the contest.

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron