Anyone play NBA Live 08 online???

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:11 pm
Hey everyone,

I just finally got my Xbox Live sorted out after a year! (I know, Im nuts) and Ive just played my first 2 games online................man it was fun, especially given that I won both! (although neither registered on my Live Stats section, both were "Quick Play" and "Ranked"..........any ideas anyone?)

Anyway, does anybody fancy a game with me..............would be cool to chat as well maybe (although I havnt figured out how to work that yet!).

Let me know, perhaps tell me how to request you (as again Ive had this for about 2 hours and not up with all of it yet) and we can arrange a match or something.

See you out there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:45 pm
Nah, I do my PWNing on the 2K network, bro. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:57 pm
32 wrote:Nah, I do my PWNing on the 2K network, bro. :wink:

Ahh, thought I might get a few answers like that man............Ive always been a Live man................although Ill probably check out 2k8.

Question though? does 2k8 have any missing players? is Jianlian, Scola, Navarro in it? as they arnt in Live.............also, are there any legends teams?..........those are my 2 wonderings if you can enlighten me?
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:21 pm
bigstrads wrote:
32 wrote:Nah, I do my PWNing on the 2K network, bro. :wink:

Ahh, thought I might get a few answers like that man............Ive always been a Live man................although Ill probably check out 2k8.

Question though? does 2k8 have any missing players? is Jianlian, Scola, Navarro in it? as they arnt in Live.............also, are there any legends teams?..........those are my 2 wonderings if you can enlighten me?

There are some missing players, but no one you would notice. There are legends teams. They are broken up by decades
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:34 pm
bigstrads wrote: does 2k8 have any missing players? is Jianlian, Scola, Navarro in it? as they arnt in Live.............

I have LIVE for 360, but I havnt been playing online for LIVE much. I play a lot of Call of Duty.

However, you need to realize, if you havnt yet, that one benefit to LIVE is that you can get roster updates. For example, get the roster update all downloaded, and Yi is there, as is Scola, and everybody else. Just mess around with it. You will figure it out. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:10 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote: does 2k8 have any missing players? is Jianlian, Scola, Navarro in it? as they arnt in Live.............

I have LIVE for 360, but I havnt been playing online for LIVE much. I play a lot of Call of Duty.

However, you need to realize, if you havnt yet, that one benefit to LIVE is that you can get roster updates. For example, get the roster update all downloaded, and Yi is there, as is Scola, and everybody else. Just mess around with it. You will figure it out. :wink:

Thanks man, yeah Ive just downloaded an update on my PC for the rosters.........but not sure how I get that from PC to Xbox..........???

On online now man, fancy a game?.............I have Call of Duty 4 too, could give that a try if you want?...............Ill probably be up for another 2 hours or so (its 1:10am here).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:13 pm
I am just sitting down to dinner, so I cant right now, but I would be happy to get a game going with you on Call of Duty maybe tomorrow? Add me... sfsfsfgiants. Very creative... I know. :wink: Let me know what yours is. Are you using a 360?

Also, you dont need to get it from your PC, but, rather, get it straight from the 360.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:23 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I am just sitting down to dinner, so I cant right now, but I would be happy to get a game going with you on Call of Duty maybe tomorrow? Add me... sfsfsfgiants. Very creative... I know. :wink: Let me know what yours is. Are you using a 360?

Also, you dont need to get it from your PC, but, rather, get it straight from the 360.

Cool man........enjoy your din dins! :mrgreen:

Cool with the Call of Duty, Im sure you will kill me.............literally!

The adding thing..............yeah, not sure how to do that, couldnt even tell you what my username is actually............im crap, well sort something out.

I am on a 360 yes, I downloaded the update from 360 and it gave me Jianlian but no others, and didnt update ratings, like with Bynum.......and also no in season trades hardly, looks like Ariza to the Lakers is the last one its got...........whereas the one Ive downloaded on my PC says that all that has been addressed, any thoughts?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:47 pm
bigstrads wrote:
The adding thing..............yeah, not sure how to do that, couldnt even tell you what my username is actually............im crap, well sort something out.

Yeah..... that seems to be an issue. :wink:

When you are playing, hit the big button right in the middle of the controller. Your information should come up. It is a big nox that shows your gamerscore (how good you are), your status (online, hidden, that type of thing), your friends (none, at the moment), and some personal settings that you have. If you look at the right of it, it should show your gamertag. It is written sideways, going up to down. It is kind of hard to miss. Let me know what yours is, and I will add you. You do know how to retrieve messages, right?

Anyways, yeah, we will work this out. Let me know if you need me to rephraise any of this. I should be on and off on here for a while, and I am always doing... nothing. :wink:

Yeah, if you havnt played COD4 yet, it is a great game. Complex, for sure, but once you get used to it, it is pretty fun.

One thing that I need to tell you is that my parents dispise my headset. They dont even like me talking to friends from school, let alone some guy in England(No offense). :wink: I have no problem talking to you after they go to bed, or when they are gone, but just know that I am not blowing you off, but, rather, trying not to get in trouble. For anyone else wondering the same thing, Xbay, and JayPat, that is why.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:13 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Yeah..... that seems to be an issue. :wink:

When you are playing, hit the big button right in the middle of the controller. Your information should come up. It is a big nox that shows your gamerscore (how good you are), your status (online, hidden, that type of thing), your friends (none, at the moment), and some personal settings that you have. If you look at the right of it, it should show your gamertag. It is written sideways, going up to down. It is kind of hard to miss. Let me know what yours is, and I will add you. You do know how to retrieve messages, right?

Anyways, yeah, we will work this out. Let me know if you need me to rephraise any of this. I should be on and off on here for a while, and I am always doing... nothing. :wink:

Yeah, if you havnt played COD4 yet, it is a great game. Complex, for sure, but once you get used to it, it is pretty fun.

One thing that I need to tell you is that my parents dispise my headset. They dont even like me talking to friends from school, let alone some guy in England(No offense). :wink: I have no problem talking to you after they go to bed, or when they are gone, but just know that I am not blowing you off, but, rather, trying not to get in trouble. For anyone else wondering the same thing, Xbay, and JayPat, that is why.

Cool man, Ill give that first bit a go..............my username is jamesstreats if you want to add me instead.

COD4, yeah Ive completed it and loved it, not hardcore, got it for christmas and finished it quick.............love that end credit level! nice surprise.

Dont worry about that talk thing.............thats a shame though, bloody parents and there illogical stuff! :mrgreen:

Also, Im doing nothing at the moment, best times for me are through out the day time here, and from like 00:30 onwards, so 18:00 to 10:00 if Im correct.

I just whooped another guys ass on Live............damn its fun! the score thing finally registered as well!!! so Im 1 and 0! Wooooo Whooooo!! although it should be 3 and 0. :cry:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:30 pm
bigstrads wrote:Also, Im doing nothing at the moment, best times for me are through out the day time here, and from like 00:30 onwards, so 18:00 to 10:00 if Im correct.

Okay, no military time, and no England time. Speak to me in American English. What time, my time, is the best time to get a game going?

Also, what level are you in COD? Sounds like you know what you are doing with that?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:49 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Also, Im doing nothing at the moment, best times for me are through out the day time here, and from like 00:30 onwards, so 18:00 to 10:00 if Im correct.

Okay, no military time, and no England time. Speak to me in American English. What time, my time, is the best time to get a game going?

Also, what level are you in COD? Sounds like you know what you are doing with that?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I screwed up the time there, just noticed............and I did put it in "American English" for you at the end! :mrgreen: ............like now, its 2:46am here, so its what? 21:46pm where you are.............as for the military thing, how else can I do it! :mrgreen:

Lets say from 6pm to 10pm your time..............hows that?

COD, dont think I have a level on it as I havnt played it online yet but I did pretty well in the game and I consider myself abit of a first person shooter bad ass.............we shall see!............although I anticipate making your scores look a lot better for awhile! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:52 pm
bigstrads wrote:Lets say from 6pm to 10pm your time..............hows that?

There ya go! That is all I needed. :wink:

You gotta understand... we dont go by military time here... at all. It is just extra work to compute. :wink:

Right now, it is 7:00 PM, here. For you.... 19:00. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:01 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Lets say from 6pm to 10pm your time..............hows that?

There ya go! That is all I needed. :wink:

You gotta understand... we dont go by military time here... at all. It is just extra work to compute. :wink:

Right now, it is 7:00 PM, here. For you.... 19:00. :wink:

Lol.................we dont go by military time here either!.........or should I say eYEther! :mrgreen:

It was just me trying to be precise............ohh well. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:16 pm
Hey, do you know how to retrieve a message? I sent you a friend request an hour ago, but you havnt answered? If not, I can tell you how to do this.

1) Press that big button right in the middle, bringing up your information.
2) Go down to the envelope under "Community" and you should see at least one message, mine.
3) Click on it, and it should say that "sfsfsfgiants has sent you a friend request" and it will tell you that you can either accept or decline it.
4) Click accept (or decline, whatever :wink: ) and then I can send you invites to games, and the like.

If you already knew how to get messages, excuse me for this. If not, though, add me through the process above.

I will own your ass this evening. Maybe in about an hour or so, I should be able to get a game going. I will let you know.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum