What the hell is going on in the NBA right now..........

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 pm
First, one crazy ass lopsided trade.............now it looks like one of the strangest and potentially dumbest trades in history...............

And now Kobe and RICHARD HAMILTON in the 3 point shoot out!!!???

Maybe Kobe at a stretch considering he shares the record for threes but I wouldnt class him as a 3 point shooter and Hamilton!!! WTF!!!......the guys never made more than 55 3's in a season and just because hes shooting a decent percentage, doesnt mean he should be in??? Rip is KNOWN for his mid-range game.

There are sooooooo many real 3 point shooters out there..................ohh, well, this is going to be another thing I dont watch on All Star weekend, only the Dunk comp now.

http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/three_po ... l?rss=true
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:54 pm
I have to agree bigstrads...that seems like a horrible lineup for a 3pt competition. Who the hell is in charge of selecting these guys?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:09 pm
sleandres wrote:I have to agree bigstrads...that seems like a horrible lineup for a 3pt competition. Who the hell is in charge of selecting these guys?

I think its Stern and his cronies..............?

Is it me or is the whole league just going a little nuts and/or totally corporate, with referee trends, Lebron's ride to the finals and exexplicable All Star snubs (Baron was simply snubbed because the NBA couldnt have boo'ing in the ASG)

Anyway, the only shooters who prosper in the 3 point shoot-out are set shot shooters...........think of all the winners?..........Kobe is going to have to adapt his WHOLE style of shooting, just to get the full amount of shots.........and Rip in there..........doesnt make any sense.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:13 pm
that's why rip is entering the 3pt shootout. people dont see him as a 3 pt shooter so they dont respect him in that area (players and fans alike). ive always known he has a good 3 pt shot but its just not as much part of his game since he can always get inside or hit the midrange near automatically. he's joining the contest to get respect. i honestly think he has a better chance of winning than kobe. but thats my opinion.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:53 pm
I don't care much about it. Never found any kind of excitement in the 3pt contest.

Actually, I'm not gonna watch another all star til they have a contest about cheerleaders fighting in a cage. The world would be much funnier if I were in charge of picking these things... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:13 pm
TMC wrote:I don't care much about it. Never found any kind of excitement in the 3pt contest.

Actually, I'm not gonna watch another all star til they have a contest about cheerleaders fighting in a cage. The world would be much funnier if I were in charge of picking these things... :wink:

Lol...........that would bring me back fully too...........maybe just sling a load of mud onto the court for the WNBA All Star Game...........would that satisfy you?................although, most of them WNBA'ers are.........errmmm...........lets say, a little scary and not the kind of women Id want to see rolling around in mud! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:16 am
bigstrads wrote:although, most of them WNBA'ers are.........errmmm...........lets say, a little scary and not the kind of women Id want to see rolling around in mud! :mrgreen:

PIGS!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:although, most of them WNBA'ers are.........errmmm...........lets say, a little scary and not the kind of women Id want to see rolling around in mud! :mrgreen:

PIGS!

Just trying to honour your legacy Mig! :mrgreen:
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:54 am
Yes, smth is wrong with the system... They should at least explain, what is the criteria for selection :roll:

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:22 pm
themind wrote:Yes, smth is wrong with the system... They should at least explain, what is the criteria for selection :roll:

Whoever is the most popular that hoist up a 3-pt shot. :mrgreen:

Return to Off-Topic Forum