What the hell is going on in the NBA right now..........

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:16 pm
First, one crazy ass lopsided trade.............now it looks like one of the strangest and potentially dumbest trades in history...............

And now Kobe and RICHARD HAMILTON in the 3 point shoot out!!!???

Maybe Kobe at a stretch considering he shares the record for threes but I wouldnt class him as a 3 point shooter and Hamilton!!! WTF!!!......the guys never made more than 55 3's in a season and just because hes shooting a decent percentage, doesnt mean he should be in??? Rip is KNOWN for his mid-range game.

There are sooooooo many real 3 point shooters out there..................ohh, well, this is going to be another thing I dont watch on All Star weekend, only the Dunk comp now.

http://www.nba.com/allstar2008/three_po ... l?rss=true
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:54 pm
I have to agree bigstrads...that seems like a horrible lineup for a 3pt competition. Who the hell is in charge of selecting these guys?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:09 pm
sleandres wrote:I have to agree bigstrads...that seems like a horrible lineup for a 3pt competition. Who the hell is in charge of selecting these guys?


I think its Stern and his cronies..............?

Is it me or is the whole league just going a little nuts and/or totally corporate, with referee trends, Lebron's ride to the finals and exexplicable All Star snubs (Baron was simply snubbed because the NBA couldnt have boo'ing in the ASG)

Anyway, the only shooters who prosper in the 3 point shoot-out are set shot shooters...........think of all the winners?..........Kobe is going to have to adapt his WHOLE style of shooting, just to get the full amount of shots.........and Rip in there..........doesnt make any sense.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:13 pm
that's why rip is entering the 3pt shootout. people dont see him as a 3 pt shooter so they dont respect him in that area (players and fans alike). ive always known he has a good 3 pt shot but its just not as much part of his game since he can always get inside or hit the midrange near automatically. he's joining the contest to get respect. i honestly think he has a better chance of winning than kobe. but thats my opinion.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:53 pm
I don't care much about it. Never found any kind of excitement in the 3pt contest.


Actually, I'm not gonna watch another all star til they have a contest about cheerleaders fighting in a cage. The world would be much funnier if I were in charge of picking these things... :wink:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:13 pm
TMC wrote:I don't care much about it. Never found any kind of excitement in the 3pt contest.


Actually, I'm not gonna watch another all star til they have a contest about cheerleaders fighting in a cage. The world would be much funnier if I were in charge of picking these things... :wink:


Lol...........that would bring me back fully too...........maybe just sling a load of mud onto the court for the WNBA All Star Game...........would that satisfy you?................although, most of them WNBA'ers are.........errmmm...........lets say, a little scary and not the kind of women Id want to see rolling around in mud! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21366
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:16 am
bigstrads wrote:although, most of them WNBA'ers are.........errmmm...........lets say, a little scary and not the kind of women Id want to see rolling around in mud! :mrgreen:



PIGS!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:21 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:although, most of them WNBA'ers are.........errmmm...........lets say, a little scary and not the kind of women Id want to see rolling around in mud! :mrgreen:



PIGS!


Just trying to honour your legacy Mig! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:21 am
Location: Lithuania
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:54 am
Yes, smth is wrong with the system... They should at least explain, what is the criteria for selection :roll:

Rookie
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:01 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:22 pm
themind wrote:Yes, smth is wrong with the system... They should at least explain, what is the criteria for selection :roll:


Whoever is the most popular that hoist up a 3-pt shot. :mrgreen:

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron