What song are you listening to right now?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:44 pm
bigstrads wrote:Have to post this again because I love it so much, and its just beautiful =

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePatJIwB-sI[/youtube]


I don't want to imply anything, Bigs, but sounds gay as f*ck. :wink:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:01 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Have to post this again because I love it so much, and its just beautiful =

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePatJIwB-sI[/youtube]


I don't want to imply anything, Bigs, but sounds gay as f*ck. :wink:


(Ignoring your constantly, and to be honest quite worrying, differing to gay thoughts)

Did you listen to it?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:24 pm
Blue Mitchell Sextet - Blue Soul
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 pm
bigstrads wrote:Did you listen to it?


Barely. It was too gay, you know. Even for something coming from you... :mrgreen:


Don't worry, buddy. We still love you. :thumbleft:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:34 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Did you listen to it?


Barely. It was too gay, you know. Even for something coming from you... :mrgreen:


Don't worry, buddy. We still love you. :thumbleft:


Image
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:40 pm
what the hell...since jackattack broke the ice for us jazzers: Here is Mike Brecker, recently passed on, most influential sax player since Coltrane, playing with folks any jazzer will know and revere - Herbie, Scofield, Dejohnette...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIXau9rsiyE
[/youtube]and here is a truly amazing band -Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Tony Williams, Ron Carter and Wallace Roney live from 1992

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIVh2o9yKcs[/youtube]
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:00 pm
Love that Colt............nice choices.

I would presume you know Pee Wee Ellis? I only ask as I saw him and his assembly last year at Ronnie Scotts (I presume youve heard of Ronnie Scotts too?) and really enjoyed it.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:29 pm
bigstrads wrote:Love that Colt............nice choices.

I would presume you know Pee Wee Ellis? I only ask as I saw him and his assembly last year at Ronnie Scotts (I presume youve heard of Ronnie Scotts too?) and really enjoyed it.

absolutely...a friend of mine plays drums with him sometimes, and who can forget Ronnie Scott's, he of the only saxophone solo ever on a Beatles' record...Lady Madonna...
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:42 pm
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Love that Colt............nice choices.

I would presume you know Pee Wee Ellis? I only ask as I saw him and his assembly last year at Ronnie Scotts (I presume youve heard of Ronnie Scotts too?) and really enjoyed it.

absolutely...a friend of mine plays drums with him sometimes, and who can forget Ronnie Scott's, he of the only saxophone solo ever on a Beatles' record...Lady Madonna...


Cool, knew youd know.

Im not the most clued up of Jazz fans (eww, that sounds like something different) but I always like seeing and hearing of good stuff.

Rookie
Posts: 19
» Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:36 pm
Right now I need relax and listening these...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsegcDQNncs[/youtube]

by Living Colour..... (God bless USA just for giving me such band,any fans here ?)

and also this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEQeCmxfYF8[/youtube]

by Porcupine tree
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:00 pm
bigstrads wrote:
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Love that Colt............nice choices.

I would presume you know Pee Wee Ellis? I only ask as I saw him and his assembly last year at Ronnie Scotts (I presume youve heard of Ronnie Scotts too?) and really enjoyed it.

absolutely...a friend of mine plays drums with him sometimes, and who can forget Ronnie Scott's, he of the only saxophone solo ever on a Beatles' record...Lady Madonna...


Cool, knew youd know.

Im not the most clued up of Jazz fans (eww, that sounds like something different) but I always like seeing and hearing of good stuff.

great you are into it...you also just brought up my pet peeve: Utah keeping the name "Jazz". That's like Dick Cheney calling himself Tupac or Barbara Bush calling herself Beyonce. Utah is the ANTITHESIS of everything jazz means...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:38 pm
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Love that Colt............nice choices.

I would presume you know Pee Wee Ellis? I only ask as I saw him and his assembly last year at Ronnie Scotts (I presume youve heard of Ronnie Scotts too?) and really enjoyed it.

absolutely...a friend of mine plays drums with him sometimes, and who can forget Ronnie Scott's, he of the only saxophone solo ever on a Beatles' record...Lady Madonna...


Cool, knew youd know.

Im not the most clued up of Jazz fans (eww, that sounds like something different) but I always like seeing and hearing of good stuff.

great you are into it...you also just brought up my pet peeve: Utah keeping the name "Jazz". That's like Dick Cheney calling himself Tupac or Barbara Bush calling herself Beyonce. Utah is the ANTITHESIS of everything jazz means...


Ha! I have used similar comparisons as this is definitely one of my pet peeves as well. Give the name Jazz back to New Orleans for chris sakes!
Nice choices btw... I gotta search for some old VSOP... ;)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:49 pm
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfBoUQxA7o0[/youtube]
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:05 am
Jackattack wrote:
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Love that Colt............nice choices.

I would presume you know Pee Wee Ellis? I only ask as I saw him and his assembly last year at Ronnie Scotts (I presume youve heard of Ronnie Scotts too?) and really enjoyed it.

absolutely...a friend of mine plays drums with him sometimes, and who can forget Ronnie Scott's, he of the only saxophone solo ever on a Beatles' record...Lady Madonna...


Cool, knew youd know.

Im not the most clued up of Jazz fans (eww, that sounds like something different) but I always like seeing and hearing of good stuff.

great you are into it...you also just brought up my pet peeve: Utah keeping the name "Jazz". That's like Dick Cheney calling himself Tupac or Barbara Bush calling herself Beyonce. Utah is the ANTITHESIS of everything jazz means...


Ha! I have used similar comparisons as this is definitely one of my pet peeves as well. Give the name Jazz back to New Orleans for chris sakes!
Nice choices btw... I gotta search for some old VSOP... ;)

word...how about this one: Miles in his Black Panther phase from 1971, playing double bills with the grateful dead and santana at the fillmore?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuUh6wfmYWE[/youtube]
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:41 am
Ah, Senior Liebman! very nice! I actually loved that era of Miles (I like most all of his periods), though most Jazz purists avoided that. What do they know.

Well not the original VSOP, but a 1986 version of Eye of the Hurricane featuring Joe Henderson and Freddie Hubbard...

btw, that is so cool that you got to play with George Russell!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugiwizE5rYg[/youtube]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests