Better basketball game?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Better game

NBA 08
25%
NBA 2k8
75%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:05 pm
im gonna go pick up one of the 08 basketball games i played nba 08 and liked it how is 2k8?
Go Ham

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:26 pm
2k8 is the sh*t. i play all the time.

if you're talkin about nba live 08 then theres debate, but id still choose 2k8. if you're talkin NBA 08 then no contest...2k8 hands down
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:48 pm
yeah im talking about live.Yeah i had like 2k6 when the 360 first came out and havent bought a pro game since.So yeah 2k8 seems pretty impressive
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:18 pm
NBA 2K8 may very well be the best sports simulation Iv'e ever played. THey finally got it right...you can t just stutter-step, drive the lane and dunk anymore. You have to actually know basketball, run plays and execute them. Awesome game, just wish they could have given the Warriors a little more credit :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:09 pm
sleandres wrote:NBA 2K8 may very well be the best sports simulation Iv'e ever played. THey finally got it right...you can t just stutter-step, drive the lane and dunk anymore. You have to actually know basketball, run plays and execute them. Awesome game, just wish they could have given the Warriors a little more credit :mrgreen:

yeah that makes me mad even after last year in nba live our rating is like 70 somethin what are we in 2k8
Go Ham
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:54 pm
webelieve wrote:
sleandres wrote:NBA 2K8 may very well be the best sports simulation Iv'e ever played. THey finally got it right...you can t just stutter-step, drive the lane and dunk anymore. You have to actually know basketball, run plays and execute them. Awesome game, just wish they could have given the Warriors a little more credit :mrgreen:

yeah that makes me mad even after last year in nba live our rating is like 70 somethin what are we in 2k8

Yeah, the Warriors are pretty poorly rated in Live 08, also, S-Jax just plays horribly! (not bad when you actually play with him but his sim stats are not good for me atleast) I had to trade him............which funnily enough was S-Jax, B Wright and draft pick to Memphis for Gasol...........which then quickly turned into Gasol and Harrington to Utah for Boozer and Kirilenko!..........abit of steal and sealed the title for me too............although I know Im now a traitor for doing that traded. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I havnt had a chance to t play 2k8 yet, mostly because Ive been playing Live since 94, although the last 2 years have been awful.............but I do want to check 2k8 out, especially as there are so many glitches in Live 08 on Xbox 360 and it crashes or freezes constantly............drives me nuts.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:10 am
I only have a PC so I've never played 2K8. Can't be of help here.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:44 pm
webelieve wrote:

We are rated a 74 overall. Azu, Matt Barnes, Monta and Jax are all a bit underrated. Just fr some perspective...the Bobcats have the same rating as the Dubs and the Nets, Heat, Grizzlies, Clippers, Raptors are all rated higher. :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:16 pm
sleandres wrote:
webelieve wrote:

We are rated a 74 overall. Azu, Matt Barnes, Monta and Jax are all a bit underrated. Just fr some perspective...the Bobcats have the same rating as the Dubs and the Nets, Heat, Grizzlies, Clippers, Raptors are all rated higher. :banghead:

thanks man god what are the fakers?ill take a guess 90's?
Go Ham
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:28 am
NBA Live has not been sick for quite some time now.

As a Live devotee who spent close to 10 years mindlessly loyal to the brand, I gotta say... I knew something was wrong when they put 'Toine on the cover... :shock:

Grab a copy of NBA 2K8. I've been playing it for months on my PS3 and its awesome.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:41 am
webelieve wrote:
sleandres wrote:
webelieve wrote:

thanks man god what are the fakers?ill take a guess 90's?

Surprisingly only a 77. But remember, a lot of people thought they'd be scrubs this year
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:48 pm
2k8 huh? I'm playing my friend's 2008 on my ps3 right now and it just doesn't feel right... Maybe I'll check out 2k8.

Return to Off-Topic Forum