nationally televised games

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:33 am
How do they pick what becomes a nationally televised game?

Do they think about what would be most exciting to watch? Or do they just think about the most popular teams?

When I look at the games that are nationally televised on espn or tnt, it befuddles me.

And btw, did we have one yet? or is our first one vs. Chicago?
DUBBBIN’ !

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:05 am
we were one of the first nationally televised games in the beginning of the season when we played the jazz. we have had a couple already in fact. one against the suns for obvious reasons and one against the mavs as well. im sure they do it for excitement, matchups, and rivalries. for example, on xmas it was the blazers vs the sonics cuz it was supposed to be oden vs durant and miami vs cleveland for the wade vs lebron matchup. there was a day it was portland vs miami for a oden vs shaq matchup. they have playoff rivalries playing also. so in a word...yes. the televised games are usually scheduled that way..however there are some that are just there cuz every team has to have at least 2 games nationally televised.

i dont know exactly how many have already passed, but i know we're supposed to have about eleven throughout this season.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:15 am
We also had an ESPN game against the Lakers. ESPN showed Kobe on the bench more than they did the actual game. :roll:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:48 pm
It has to do with how many people are projected to watch the games.
ImageImage

Return to Off-Topic Forum