Favorite KNBR guys?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Favorite KNBR show?

Brian Murphy/Paul McCaffery
25%
Gary Radnich
25%
Bob Fitzgerald/Rod Brooks
13%
Tom Tolbert/Ralph Barbiari
25%
Damon Bruce
13%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 8

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:01 pm
Just wondering.... I know it is kind of random, but on KNBR 680, who are your favorite guys? Your favorite show?

Personally, my favorite guy is Damon Bruce. He tells it like it is. He doesnt sugarcoat it. If teams are doing bad, he says it. He is awesome.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:33 am
I'm going with Tolbert (obviously, I can't hear the show and have to download the excerpts from the KNBR site...)

I might be the only Warrior fan that misses Tom Tolbert... I might some kind of sucker for lost causes. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:32 pm
Gotta go with Murph & Mac. I can't wait til they get a better time slot. A close 2nd is Fitz & Brookes. Bob Fitzgerald cracks me up.

I got issues with everybody else. Damon Bruce is a goddamn A's fan and never shuts up about how much better their whole system is over the Giants. He also doesn't know sh*t about other sports; just baseball. Gary Radnich is a blow-hard: no further comments necessary. He says things just to annoy the public, like Rush Limbaugh. And I can't stand The Razor & Mr. T. Tolbert tries WAY too hard to be funny... and Ralph's voice is not meant for radio.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
I am normally never up for Murph and Mac. It would be really hard to get that timeslot, though. I can give them credit.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:21 pm
I think Tolbert is gonna get another gig with NBC and KNBR will pair Fitzgerald off with Ralph, canning Rod Brookes. Once that happens, Murph and Mac will get the old Fitz & Brookes spot. Right now, Damon Bruce, Murph, and Mac have the shittiest time slots.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:03 am
Rod Brooks is going nowhere. He is their sideline reporter for the Niners. He is really popular, especially with the African-Americans of the Bay Area. I really like him, also. He knows his stuff. I dont think, for one second, they would even consider letting him go.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:09 am
It was just a for-instance kinda thing. I don't think he's leaving, either.

The only guys I REALLY want gone are the old codgers that have a ton of pull at KNBR (aka, Ralph and Gary).
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:30 am
1) Fitz and Brooks. 2a) Murph and Mac. 2b) D Bruce. I am tired of Gary, I actually started going to work early to stop listening to him. I don't like being talk to like an idiot because I love sports and all of their details.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:05 pm
My favorite is the Murph and Mac show, which is my prime radio show for driving in the morning, if I'm not listening to music. While they aren't drop dead hilarious, they are entertaining and amusing, and it's fun to listen to their comments about various new events/celebrities.

While I certainly do not always agree with Damon Bruce, I give him credit for holding an entertaining show. He does seem to go off on people, or players. I remember him doing some extreme hating on SJack after a game he was ejected from. However, listening to his show keeps me entertained and I enjoy listening, unlike Razor and Mr. T.

I also like Fitz and Brooks, as well. Not much else to add.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:08 pm
I dunno. Damon Bruce just doesn't do it for me. I feel like he's trying way too hard to be the Jim Rome of the Bay Area. I get the feeling he's hating on things that he doesn't REALLY hate, but he does it anyway for the sake of his gimmick.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 pm
Yeah, sometimes he does, but, for the most part, he is real. He knows his stuff, and he is really funny when he goes off. He really symbolizes the sports fan.... bitch and moan when your team is doing bad, praise them when they do well.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:49 pm
I miss Rick Barry.. Occasionally I'll listen to Murph & Mack, Fitz & Brooks..

The Mr. T & Ralph show bores me, Ralph/Joe Pesci gets on my nerves with his holy-er than thou Einstein never played a lick of sports jerk-off attitude :roll:

Gary constantly rambles off topic, patronizes people, always mentions players $$.. Not a bad guy but just tired of his act.

Damon Bruce was a Warrior Non Believer last year like some so I won't listen to him :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:54 am
32 wrote:I dunno. Damon Bruce just doesn't do it for me. I feel like he's trying way too hard to be the Jim Rome of the Bay Area. I get the feeling he's hating on things that he doesn't REALLY hate, but he does it anyway for the sake of his gimmick.

Yeah, he's a total fickle non-believer in the team and rants about stupid things. I remember him screaming and getting furious about how awful a player stephen jackson was one night and singing his praises and saying he needed to be put on mount rushmore the next.

What I get a kick out of is the dumb-shits who call his show up and say the exact same words he's been ramming down their throats for the past half hour as if it's their own idea.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:04 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
32 wrote:I dunno. Damon Bruce just doesn't do it for me. I feel like he's trying way too hard to be the Jim Rome of the Bay Area. I get the feeling he's hating on things that he doesn't REALLY hate, but he does it anyway for the sake of his gimmick.

Yeah, he's a total fickle non-believer in the team and rants about stupid things. I remember him screaming and getting furious about how awful a player stephen jackson was one night and singing his praises and saying he needed to be put on mount rushmore the next.

What I get a kick out of is the dumb-shits who call his show up and say the exact same words he's been ramming down their throats for the past half hour as if it's their own idea.

Unfortunately, those are usually the type of people that get on the air.

I remember a few months back, after the Brandan Wright trade, where Matt Steinmetz was subbing for Damon Bruce. I called him up because he was lambasting the trade and, basically, read him off the post I made on this forum the previous day, serving him in every way, shape, or form. He was whining about Wright not being ready to contribute, but I countered, telling him that with the immergence of Monta and our thin front court, trading an overpaid wingman for a stud PF made a lot of sense, even though the loss of J-Rich was tugging a lot of emotional heart strings for fans. I remember him stuttering around all my points (desperately searching for a reason that the Warriors would fail), "uhh, yeah, cap flexibility is nice... and Wright DOES address a need... but what about Don Nelson holding out??!?" I told him Nellie's holdout was a show purely for the media and he didn't believe me. Where's Nelson today, may I ask...?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:29 pm
Steinmetz is dumb. I remember one time he said he would take Yao Ming as a franchise player over anyone else (Lebron, Dwight Howard included).

From a basketball standpoint, that's just stupid (although it's not as bad from a business standpoint).
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum