hey guy watch my ps3 and xbox 360 comparison

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:12 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gsZoWSdZ_w
plz comment
This is the year
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:49 am
Is that you d1mex?

Well, I'd definately go for a PS3 :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:14 am
I'm not the one to ask about this topic, as I haven't tried any of those systems... just wanted to say it was nice to see you in the vid, hellkiller. :thumbup:

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:20 am
i used to be a sony type of guy...still am..when it comes to systems tho i made the switch to xbox. i had to get a 360...practically everyone has one and theres more people on xbox live than playstation online. but to me the comparison as far as picture n everything is useless...comparing HD to BluRay....doesnt matter, both make the picture better. not really much diff in te picture if you ask me.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:01 am
migya wrote:Is that you d1mex?

Well, I'd definately go for a PS3 :wink:


what??? haha
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:19 am
d1mex wrote:
migya wrote:Is that you d1mex?

Well, I'd definately go for a PS3 :wink:


what??? haha



Oops, I thought it was you that started this thread and not nellkiler, didn't quite see the name. :wink: No offense to both of you
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:21 am
migya wrote:
d1mex wrote:
migya wrote:Is that you d1mex?

Well, I'd definately go for a PS3 :wink:


what??? haha



Oops, I thought it was you that started this thread and not nellkiler, didn't quite see the name. :wink: No offense to both of you


okay.
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:01 am
Its been proven many times. The Playstation 3 has better hardware than the XBox 360. If price were of no value, than everybody would want a PS3. That's just the truth. Nobody is going to say no to more features, better picture, more hard drive space, and a better track record when it comes to choosing 3rd party games.

Anybody buying a 360 did so purely for 1 of 2 reasons: 1) because they are blindly devoted to Microsoft... or 2) because its cheaper than a PS3.

The Playstation Network is free... whereas XBox Live is like $20 a month or something. And there's no shortage of players on the PS3's network, so that whole argument about "everybody being on XBox Live" doesn't really work. There are no lonely gamers left without online competition playing PS3.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:02 pm
I, for one, bought a 360 because it was cheaper. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:38 pm
Pitty hellkiller hadn't advised you on that choice earlier :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:43 am
32 wrote:Its been proven many times. The Playstation 3 has better hardware than the XBox 360. If price were of no value, than everybody would want a PS3. That's just the truth. Nobody is going to say no to more features, better picture, more hard drive space, and a better track record when it comes to choosing 3rd party games.

Anybody buying a 360 did so purely for 1 of 2 reasons: 1) because they are blindly devoted to Microsoft... or 2) because its cheaper than a PS3.

The Playstation Network is free... whereas XBox Live is like $20 a month or something. And there's no shortage of players on the PS3's network, so that whole argument about "everybody being on XBox Live" doesn't really work. There are no lonely gamers left without online competition playing PS3.


i dint buy a 360 for either of those reasons...i bought it cuz nearly everyone i know plays on xbox live. the controllers being more comfortable were a plus as well. keep in mind that i was one who was totally devoted to playstation at first being that my dad works for sony. but no discounts on playstations is bs :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:44 am
EMan32 wrote:
32 wrote:Its been proven many times. The Playstation 3 has better hardware than the XBox 360. If price were of no value, than everybody would want a PS3. That's just the truth. Nobody is going to say no to more features, better picture, more hard drive space, and a better track record when it comes to choosing 3rd party games.

Anybody buying a 360 did so purely for 1 of 2 reasons: 1) because they are blindly devoted to Microsoft... or 2) because its cheaper than a PS3.

The Playstation Network is free... whereas XBox Live is like $20 a month or something. And there's no shortage of players on the PS3's network, so that whole argument about "everybody being on XBox Live" doesn't really work. There are no lonely gamers left without online competition playing PS3.


i dint buy a 360 for either of those reasons...i bought it cuz nearly everyone i know plays on xbox live. the controllers being more comfortable were a plus as well. keep in mind that i was one who was totally devoted to playstation at first being that my dad works for sony. but no discounts on playstations is bs :mrgreen:

1) "Everyone you know on XBox Live" means everyone you know went the cheap route and bought a 360. :wink: There's no shortage of players on the Playstation Network... and its growing like a weed since, as I stated earlier, it's free.

2) I'd argue the 360's controller's being more comfortable. Sure, they're far better than the original XBox's controller... but nothing touches Sony's tried and true controller for me. I've been playing with it since '96 or '97, so I've gotten used to it. :mrgreen:

3) Your dad works for Sony and you didn't get a PS3?!? So what if you can't get a discount on a system; I'll bet he can get you games out the door for dirt cheap! Awww, bro, thats too bad.

I'm waiting for Thunder to pop outta the cuts and start citing 360 sales or something to try and justify Microsoft's system. :mrgreen:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:35 pm
32 wrote:
EMan32 wrote:
32 wrote:Its been proven many times. The Playstation 3 has better hardware than the XBox 360. If price were of no value, than everybody would want a PS3. That's just the truth. Nobody is going to say no to more features, better picture, more hard drive space, and a better track record when it comes to choosing 3rd party games.

Anybody buying a 360 did so purely for 1 of 2 reasons: 1) because they are blindly devoted to Microsoft... or 2) because its cheaper than a PS3.

The Playstation Network is free... whereas XBox Live is like $20 a month or something. And there's no shortage of players on the PS3's network, so that whole argument about "everybody being on XBox Live" doesn't really work. There are no lonely gamers left without online competition playing PS3.


i dint buy a 360 for either of those reasons...i bought it cuz nearly everyone i know plays on xbox live. the controllers being more comfortable were a plus as well. keep in mind that i was one who was totally devoted to playstation at first being that my dad works for sony. but no discounts on playstations is bs :mrgreen:

1) "Everyone you know on XBox Live" means everyone you know went the cheap route and bought a 360. :wink: There's no shortage of players on the Playstation Network... and its growing like a weed since, as I stated earlier, it's free.

2) I'd argue the 360's controller's being more comfortable. Sure, they're far better than the original XBox's controller... but nothing touches Sony's tried and true controller for me. I've been playing with it since '96 or '97, so I've gotten used to it. :mrgreen:

3) Your dad works for Sony and you didn't get a PS3?!? So what if you can't get a discount on a system; I'll bet he can get you games out the door for dirt cheap! Awww, bro, thats too bad.

I'm waiting for Thunder to pop outta the cuts and start citing 360 sales or something to try and justify Microsoft's system. :mrgreen:


1)they may have gone the cheap route [tho most of them got the 360 way before the ps3 even came out] but that doesnt mean i did :wink:

2)ive played the playstation since 96 also...but the 360 controller just fits perfectly and the buttons are placed comfortably. probably the second most comfortable controller [if not most comfortable] next to the sega saturn

3)yeah it sucks...but he wouldnt even be able to get discounts on games...no discount on any playstation product. he can get a discount on anything that has to do with audio/video, as long as it doesnt have a paystation logo on it. :?
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:55 pm
32 wrote:I'm waiting for Thunder to pop outta the cuts and start citing 360 sales or something to try and justify Microsoft's system. :mrgreen:


That's my queue :mrgreen:

Yes, the 360 is cheaper (you make it sound like that is bad) and yes, the PS3 is slightly more powerful (although you couldn't really tell graphically - it is more apparent on level size with games like Uncharted). But it has better games. Hands down. Here are the Video Game Awards nominees:

I color keyed each game that is exclusive to the 360 green, the PS3 cyan, and the Wii in Red. Multiplatform games/other platforms I left in black.

Game of the Year
BioShock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
The Orange Box (will come out for PS3 in December, out for 360 since August)

Best Shooter
BioShock
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
The Orange Box

Best RPG
Eternal Sonata
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP)
Mass Effect
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (PS2)

Best Driving Game
Colin McRae: DiRT
Forza Motorsport 2
Need for Speed ProStreet
Project Gotham Racing 4

Best Military Game
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (showed up late to PS3)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (showed up late to PS3)
World in Conflict


Best Graphics
BioShock
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Crysis
Mass Effect

Breakthrough Technology
Crysis
Halo 3
Portal
Rock Band

Best PS3 Game
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk

Best Wii Game
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario

Best Xbox 360 Game
BioShock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
The Orange Box

Is it a coincidence that the Best 360 game also matches the Game of the Year category?

Best Multiplayer Game
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3
Rock Band
The Orange Box

Most Addictive Game Fueled by Dew
Halo 3
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Orange Box
Wii Sports


Not a whole lot of cyan in there. But I know, I know, it is just one media source's opinion. Here are the metacritic scores, however, for the top games for each modern console (metacritic averages all the major review scores of media outlets to come up with the average rating).
I've bolded the system exclusives.

PS3:

1 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 95
2 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 93
3 Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction 89
4 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 88
5 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 87
6 Resistance: Fall of Man 86

7 NHL 08 86
8 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 86
9 Virtua Fighter 5 85
10 Assassin's Creed 85

360:

1 BioShock 96
2 Orange Box, The 96
3 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 95
4 Gears of War 94
5 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The 94
6 Halo 3 94
7 Mass Effect 93
8 Guitar Hero II 92
9 Virtua Fighter 5 90
10 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 90

On ratings alone, the best PS3 excusive (Ratchet and Clank 89) doesn't even crack the top 10 for the 360 (actually top 11 if you look at the whole list http://www.metacritic.com/games/). And I know it would be easy to say that "the PS3 will get better games and crush the 360 . . . it just needs time." Well, it's been a year, and games in the 360's first year are still rated better than PS3 counterparts.

But I'll say it again - I don't think the PS3 will fail. It will be a second or third place console with a very nice BluRay player attached. But as far as a gaming system, it is facing an uphill battle.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13531
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:03 am
I've stated before, you can't judge a system based on it's first year out. Of course the 360 features better games; programmers have had a lot of time to figure it out. But get at me when Metal Gear, God of War, and Grand Turismo hit the shelves and I guarentee that those nominations will look a tad different. :mrgreen: Aside from Resistance, the only game to offer a truly next gen feel on the PS3 thus far is Ratchet & Clank and Assasin's Creed (which is multiplatform). None of their heavy hitters have come up to bat yet.

By next year, we'll have a fairer basis of comparison, game-wise. Right now, the PS3 barely has... what? 20 or 30 games out? While the 360 has an entire archive. There's no contest, at the moment... but give it a year. :wink: Sony has a better track record of picking 3rd party games than Microsoft... and I'd cite the original Xbox vs PS2 wars to prove it.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron