Earthquake....

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:18 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:How often do you guys get earthquakes there? It is one of the earthquake centers in the world

We get them, they're just not as high of a magnitude as the ones back in the day. We're bound to have a big one sometime soon, though. Or at least that's what they say.

I felt it. I thought I was hallucinating or something but then I asked the people around me and they said they felt it too. It was weird. I've never experienced one like that. Most of them I've felt, I didn't because I was sleeping and then when I woke up everyone was talking about it.

I wouldn't live in an area where disasters are just waiting to happen, you just never know

Disaster happens everywhere in the US. California has the quakes, the southwest has drought, the southeast and east coast has huricanes, the north gets blizzards, while the midwest gets tornadoes. I follow the good weather. :mrgreen:

Australia is pretty good with weather as not much happens, usually just raining in Winter and hot in summer. Bush fires do happen but they are far from where I live usually and controlled rather fast

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:23 pm
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:How often do you guys get earthquakes there? It is one of the earthquake centers in the world

We get them, they're just not as high of a magnitude as the ones back in the day. We're bound to have a big one sometime soon, though. Or at least that's what they say.

I felt it. I thought I was hallucinating or something but then I asked the people around me and they said they felt it too. It was weird. I've never experienced one like that. Most of them I've felt, I didn't because I was sleeping and then when I woke up everyone was talking about it.

I wouldn't live in an area where disasters are just waiting to happen, you just never know

Disaster happens everywhere in the US. California has the quakes, the southwest has drought, the southeast and east coast has huricanes, the north gets blizzards, while the midwest gets tornadoes. I follow the good weather. :mrgreen:

Australia is pretty good with weather as not much happens, usually just raining in Winter and hot in summer. Bush fires do happen but they are far from where I live usually and controlled rather fast

I'd say Hawaii has the best weather. If you don't believe so then I'd say maybe Italy or France if not Hawaii.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:47 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

I'd say Hawaii has the best weather. If you don't believe so then I'd say maybe Italy or France if not Hawaii.

You've got to come to Perth, been said by tourists to have the best weather and beaches anywhere :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:51 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:

i heard on the radio that scientists were saying that the next earthquake can happen in a couple more days and could be as strong as the one in 89. living by the hayward fault i dunno how to feel...during 89 i was living in newark and sleeping during the quake so i didnt really remember it. i was also epileptic back then so chances are i couldve had a mild seizure during the quake and wouldnt have felt it anyway
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:05 pm
EMan32 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

i heard on the radio that scientists were saying that the next earthquake can happen in a couple more days and could be as strong as the one in 89. living by the hayward fault i dunno how to feel...during 89 i was living in newark and sleeping during the quake so i didnt really remember it. i was also epileptic back then so chances are i couldve had a mild seizure during the quake and wouldnt have felt it anyway

Yeah, not trying to scare anybody, but they were saying that this earthquake was just the beginning. They said that we are 50% more likely to get another big earthquake within two weeks. Kind of a scary thought. :|
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:21 pm
Just gotta be prepared for it. I'm down in San Jose and even if I may not feel it, I'll have supplies ready for it. It's always important to store bottled water and canned goods when these things are prone to happening. Hopefully it's not happening next Thursday, though. I'm going to ROARacle Arena to watch the Dubs play the Mavs.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:03 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, not trying to scare anybody, but they were saying that this earthquake was just the beginning. They said that we are 50% more likely to get another big earthquake within two weeks. Kind of a scary thought. :|

Yep. That's what usually happens. They start with minor ones until the big one comes. After that, there are a few minor ones again for a few more days til everything comes back to normal.

Of course, it can also be an isolated one, but there's always a risk.

migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:

You've got to come to Perth, been said by tourists to have the best weather and beaches anywhere :wink:

According to the Syracuse University, Las Palmas (in the Canary Islands) has the best weather in the whole world, with an average of 72 degrees (Fahrenheit, around 22º Celsius) for the whole year.

Actually, I might be a bit biased, as it seems like I'll move there at some point next year. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:43 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Just gotta be prepared for it. I'm down in San Jose and even if I may not feel it, I'll have supplies ready for it. It's always important to store bottled water and canned goods when these things are prone to happening. Hopefully it's not happening next Thursday, though. I'm going to ROARacle Arena to watch the Dubs play the Mavs.

So four bitches and twenty litres of alcohol is your way to go hey :wink: :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:44 pm
TMC wrote:According to the Syracuse University, Las Palmas (in the Canary Islands) has the best weather in the whole world, with an average of 72 degrees (Fahrenheit, around 22º Celsius) for the whole year.

Actually, I might be a bit biased, as it seems like I'll move there at some point next year. :wink:

Yes you are biased, Perth is the best place :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:09 am
migya wrote:Perth is the best place in Australia. :mrgreen:

Corrected. :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:54 pm
migya wrote:Yes you are biased, Perth is the best place :mrgreen:

Bali is the Best place too. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:05 am
GSW United wrote:

How many best places do we have? :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:03 am
GSW United wrote:

Never been there, though many Australians have and most say it is nice but people there are poor. You go over there and you live like a king for the time you are there

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:30 am
California is the best place. :mrgreen: :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:01 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:California is the best place. :mrgreen: :wink:

Even LA? :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum