What type of music do you listen to?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What type of music do you listen to?

Hip hop/rap
36%
Country
18%
R+B
9%
Rock
18%
Other, specify (I cant fit everything)
18%

Total votes : 11

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:58 pm
I don't listen to 'everything,' but I listen to a variety of music. As for my favorite band, I listen to a lot of Pink Floyd. Also, other classic bands like Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Van Halen (going to their concert soon). I also like heavy metal, like Iron Maiden, Ozzy. I will go up to the 90's grunge/rock like GunsnRoses and Nirvana, but I don't listen to anything nowadays.

In terms of rap, I only like a few, particularly Hieroglyphics, which has been my favorite for a long time. I'll also listen to NWA, Ice Cube, 90's stuff in general.

I like jazz and techno a little, but not as much as rock. My favorite player is Clifford Brown. I don't like country, and don't think classical/symphony stuff is good enough for anything other than background music. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:58 pm
Why doesnt anybody like country? Whenever you hear people these days talking about what they listen to, Country is always one thing that they say that they hate. It is all I listen to anymore.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:42 pm
Cause most of these people here are from the Bay. If you go out to the Midwest, most of the people there like country I'd bet. But not here in an urban environment.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:11 pm
I don't like country because it all sounds the same to me. Honestly, I hear them talking about different topics, but it just generally all sounds like the same kinda melodies. I'm not even going to attempt to sound educated in the field of country music; I'm just going off the bits and pieces that I've had the off chance of hearing in my girlfriend or mom's car. Its just my opinion.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:38 pm
JayPat wrote:Cause most of these people here are from the Bay. If you go out to the Midwest, most of the people there like country I'd bet. But not here in an urban environment.

I am going back to Texas for Christmas, (Xbay, no more Texas jokes) and, musically, I am going to be right at home. I cant listen to anything other than country these days. The only bad thing about it is that no one I know really listens to it. I have a couple friends that listen to a lot of different kinds of music, country included, but not enough to talk about.

My favorite songs:

Rodney Atkins' "These Are My People"
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1UrmP-y8BnM[/youtube]

And Joe Nichols' "I'll Wait for You"
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=VaR77TJ25-Q[/youtube]

One more thing, just for fun, listen to the words. Brad Paisley "Online"
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7GcVnhNjWV0[/youtube]
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:23 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Country is all about women, trucks, and guns.

Does that ring a bell?. It' not the only style with those topics. :wink:

btw, none of the vids your posted are available anymore...

As for listening to everything, as EMan claims, I believe you you CAN listen to everything... but do you like everything to the same degree?. I mean, there's not one style you prefer over others? (one or several... to me, it depends on my mood. Still, there's no mood I might be in that may make me listen to heavy metal, for example)

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:15 pm
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Country is all about women, trucks, and guns.

Does that ring a bell?. It' not the only style with those topics. :wink:

btw, none of the vids your posted are available anymore...

As for listening to everything, as EMan claims, I believe you you CAN listen to everything... but do you like everything to the same degree?. I mean, there's not one style you prefer over others? (one or several... to me, it depends on my mood. Still, there's no mood I might be in that may make me listen to heavy metal, for example)

of course i have my favorite genre of music...like i said in my first post, my favorite is R&B...but the topic question is "what music do you listen to"..therefore, my answer is everything. if it was what is your favorite genre then i wouldnt have even brought up the fact that i listen to everything :wink:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:49 pm
Don't worry sfsfsfgiants, I won't crack jokes on you since migya likes to do that with all the "spam whore" jokes.

Anyway, I listen to everything. Anything that I can go all out to on the dance floor or relax to on a hammock hanging from my palm tree in the yard is in my resume. Mostly underground hip-hop and R&B. Apathy and Celph Titled have become my favorite artists. Immortal Technique will always be my all-time favorite, but the Demigodz have taken over as my current faves. Gotta give a shout out to Musiq Soulchild and John Legend as well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:36 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Anyway, I listen to everything. Anything that I can go all out to on the dance floor or relax to on a hammock hanging from my palm tree in the yard is in my resume. Mostly underground hip-hop and R&B. Apathy and Celph Titled have become my favorite artists. Immortal Technique will always be my all-time favorite, but the Demigodz have taken over as my current faves. Gotta give a shout out to Musiq Soulchild and John Legend as well.

Gotta listen to some Demigodz, then... Never heard anything from them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:27 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Anyway, I listen to everything. Anything that I can go all out to on the dance floor or relax to on a hammock hanging from my palm tree in the yard is in my resume. Mostly underground hip-hop and R&B. Apathy and Celph Titled have become my favorite artists. Immortal Technique will always be my all-time favorite, but the Demigodz have taken over as my current faves. Gotta give a shout out to Musiq Soulchild and John Legend as well.

You've never heard anything from them? They have some nice stuff. Of course, they have their flaws but they have some ill flow.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:00 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:

You've never heard anything from them? They have some nice stuff. Of course, they have their flaws but they have some ill flow.

I've listened to some of their stuff already (on myspace and youtube), and, albeit not bad stuff, it's still far from being between my faves. I like Jedi Mind Tricks a lot more (and they share a somewhat similar sound).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:05 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
TMC wrote:

I've listened to some of their stuff already (on myspace and youtube), and, albeit not bad stuff, it's still far from being between my faves. I like Jedi Mind Tricks a lot more (and they share a somewhat similar sound).

I've always liked Jedi Mind Tricks. I've heard a couple tracks featuring Jedi in there, some nice stuff they got.

Have you heard any new tracks lately from Lyrics Born? I've been meaning to hear something new from him since I haven't in a while.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:12 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Have you heard any new tracks lately from Lyrics Born? I've been meaning to hear something new from him since I haven't in a while.

Not much, but he's supposed to have a new album that will see the light next march, called "Everywhere at Once".

Other than that, I'm still listening to the "Overnite Encore" album... btw, thanks to Pest for bringing that album to light. I had heard Lyrics Born before... just forgot about him til Pest talked about that album in another thread.

He also appears in a track called "What you need", with someone called Galacticfunk... although I'd never heard about them. There's a vid in his site:

http://www.lyricsborn.com/
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:13 am
Sweet, thanks. I really enjoy Lyrics Born and The Coup. Btw, have you heard anything new from The Coup as well?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:52 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Sweet, thanks. I really enjoy Lyrics Born and The Coup.

Me too. Two of my favorites as well.

xbaywarrior wrote:have you heard anything new from The Coup as well?

Nothing since "Pick a Bigger Weapon".

They have a myspace blog, tho. If you want to check it out, here's the link:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=27095933&MyToken=1921d21e-5179-4f1d-8854-96402f503d63ML
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum