What type of music do you listen to?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What type of music do you listen to?

Hip hop/rap
36%
Country
18%
R+B
9%
Rock
18%
Other, specify (I cant fit everything)
18%

Total votes : 11

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:02 pm
I, for one, listen to country. I have family all over the midwest and south, so I grew up listening to it.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:05 pm
i listen to everything really. mostly hip hop n RnB tho. since i can only choose one i put RnB just cuz most of my favorite songs are RnB songs.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:07 pm
I listen to a lot of R&B. And it can be anything from John Legend(who's more of Soul) to T-Pain(who cares if he can't sing?) to Boys II Men. It keeps me mellow and I find it enjoyable.

I listen to somewhat mainstream hip-hop as well. Not a lot though, since most of it is crap. But I do listen to T.I., Lupe Fiasco, and some old stuff by 50 Cent. I'm more of underground hip-hop with the Demigodz, Lyrics Born, Immortal Technique, Necro, ect...

I can go with rock also at times. Although it's the old rock, not today's. And yes, I listen to oldies. But that's ONLY when I'm on the dance floor at a wedding or something like that.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:45 pm
Nothing wrong with Oldies, man. :wink:

I listen to them sometimes.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:16 pm
I know. I enjoy the likes of Earth, Wind, and Fire and many others. I like goin' all out on the floor no matter what music is playing, so I don't really care what's playing honestly.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:05 am
Rock for me. 80s songs, love songs included, I listen to alot as well. I like Def Leppard, Pantera, Poison, Metallica, all of them really.

I really like Chuck Liddell's walk in music - DMX (It's dark and hell is hot)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:13 am
I mostly listen to Hip Hop (not many mainstream artists, although I do like some guys that can be considered mainstream, like Lupe Fiasco or Common...) and R&B/Soul. Actually, I can listen to (almost) anything. It really depends on my mood. But those two are the main ones.

Also Jazz, although I don't know enough of it to really enjoy each subtlety of the style, but I'm trying to get better.

I just find it easier to find good music in genres like Hip Hop, with a lot more artists doing it, than in others that may be considered more difficult to master. It's a shame, actually...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:23 am
I listen mostly to indie rock with some punk and hip hop mixed in.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:43 pm
I listen to a lot of genres, from classic and alternative rock, punk, and metal, to hip-hop (generally underground) and a little bit of electronic.
”I have a genuine interest in both [the Pacers and the Warriors]. My only focus is getting back to the playoffs and eventually competing for a championship.” - Al Harrington
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:22 pm
I simply can't stand people who claim to "listen to everything", because 99% of the time, that's not the case. These people usually tend to be Rap/Rock fans, who have dabbled in R&B, Country, Punk, and Pop... but can't discuss anything that has to do with Jazz, Folk, Bluegrass, Soul, Metal, Techno/Trance, or Indy. Nobody listens to "everything".
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:23 am
32 wrote:I simply can't stand people who claim to "listen to everything", because 99% of the time, that's not the case. These people usually tend to be Rap/Rock fans, who have dabbled in R&B, Country, Punk, and Pop... but can't discuss anything that has to do with Jazz, Folk, Bluegrass, Soul, Metal, Techno/Trance, or Indy. Nobody listens to "everything".

i must be in that 1% cuz i really do listen to everything. it wasnt the case when i was younger but once i got to high school i really started becoming more open to different kinds of music and more appreciative of it. i guess being in a bunch of different choirs and taking music classes in high school and a couple semesters in college helped. jazz actually became one of my favorite genres when i started taking jazz choir. either way...its not like i have favorite songs or bands/artists in each genre...but i really do listen to basically everything.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:01 am
I listen to primarily underground hip-hop. Secondarily would probably be jazz. I see a lot more jazz concerts but I listen to a lot more hip-hop.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:18 am
EMan32 wrote:
32 wrote:I simply can't stand people who claim to "listen to everything", because 99% of the time, that's not the case. These people usually tend to be Rap/Rock fans, who have dabbled in R&B, Country, Punk, and Pop... but can't discuss anything that has to do with Jazz, Folk, Bluegrass, Soul, Metal, Techno/Trance, or Indy. Nobody listens to "everything".

i must be in that 1% cuz i really do listen to everything. it wasnt the case when i was younger but once i got to high school i really started becoming more open to different kinds of music and more appreciative of it. i guess being in a bunch of different choirs and taking music classes in high school and a couple semesters in college helped. jazz actually became one of my favorite genres when i started taking jazz choir. either way...its not like i have favorite songs or bands/artists in each genre...but i really do listen to basically everything.

I can respect that. But you're definitely a minority. Most people who claim to listen to everything don't.

I'm a huge rap/hip-hop fan... and I listen to all forms of it, not just underground or Bay Area. Secondly, my father was a burnt out old rocker from the 70's with a record collection of litterally over 10,000 records, so I'm a huge fan of classic rock. I also picked up a spot of punk in high school, metal in college, and I've always enjoyed jazz. The sound of country and techno makes my ears bleed. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:05 pm
32 wrote:I can respect that. But you're definitely a minority. Most people who claim to listen to everything don't.

I'm a huge rap/hip-hop fan... and I listen to all forms of it, not just underground or Bay Area. Secondly, my father was a burnt out old rocker from the 70's with a record collection of litterally over 10,000 records, so I'm a huge fan of classic rock. I also picked up a spot of punk in high school, metal in college, and I've always enjoyed jazz. The sound of country and techno makes my ears bleed. :mrgreen:

ha..yeah a lot of my friends are the same way...but if you ask me, rap and country talk about the same things...just have different sounds. of course that is 90% of what people hear is the sound :mrgreen:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:17 pm
Country is all about women, trucks, and guns. As I have listened to both Rap and Country, I can honestly say that though they are similar, they have different topics in their songs.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum