So.........now Live 08 is out, what do we think?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:00 am
Hey,

Having just bought the game Im finding it alot better than the last 4 years offerings.

However, it may be me but is it nigh on impossible to trade players???

Ive been trying to trade S-Jax and have offered about 60-70 different deals to teams...........I look at the interest level in the player (I presume the more filled up the interest bar is the more that team is interested in that player.........does that apply to the player your trying to get in terms of there interest in joining your team?) and nothing seems to work.

Of course they are always within the salary restrictions and Ive even turned turned to getting nothing for him..........ie: S-Jax for Luke Jackson and its denied!!!

That is my only gripe at the moment, overall it is a marked improvement in terms of gameplay, movement, little touches like the way the ball goes in and my fav.........the bring back of intervention in simulated games!

So its just up to 2K to up its game and improve on last years game and beat Live's ass as usual!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:40 am
bigstrads wrote:Of course they are always within the salary restrictions and Ive even turned turned to getting nothing for him..........ie: S-Jax for Luke Jackson and its denied!!!

No wonder it's denied. That trade doesn't work under the cap. Luke Jackson is barely making $800,000, while S-Jax is over 6.5 million... As the Raptors are over the cap, that trade can't work.

It's not easy to find trades that work. The teams have to be interested in the players and they have to work under cap restrictions.

btw, and just out of curiosity, what were you trying to accomplish by trading S-Jax for Luke Jackson? :wink:

As for the game itself, I hope to get it in a couple of days or so, so I can't help you much right now.

Actually, I'm waiting for both the NBA Live game and the FM 2008 patch. As I'm not playing any other games right now, the first that comes out gets my full attention. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:41 pm
Maybe it wasnt Luke Jackson then but it was some s**t player who was rated 59 and the salary bit was ticked was it was possible in terms of salary for whatever reason (I think because Toronto are so much under the cap in the game), it wasnt declined due salary issues they just didnt want trade the players.

The only reason I want rid of S-Jax is because he is playing soooooooo awful, he is starting at SF and averaging:

Reb: 2.8
Ast: 2.2
Stl: 0.4
Min: 34.6

And the opposing SF is always torching me for over 25 a night no matter who it is! so just wanted to get a young SF or some cap room..........hence the trade for a crap player.

My optimum linup seems to be:

C: Beans
PF: Wright
SF: Harrington
SG:Bellineli
PG:Baron

Monta has been pretty poor aswell............so thats why Marco is starting and hes average 17.8 since starting over Monta.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:41 pm
I've got nba live 2004, which my brother had given to me over two years ago and I never played it, all this talk about the game made me turn to it. It is rather good but the difference I see from the 1999 and 2000 versions, the last I played, is that you can't override the comp trade refusal, that's bad becaue it cuts down game play options. Overall a pretty good game and I want to see the 2k and latest nba live games to compare

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:00 am
bigstrads wrote:The only reason I want rid of S-Jax is because he is playing soooooooo awful, he is starting at SF and averaging:

And the opposing SF is always torching me for over 25 a night no matter who it is! so just wanted to get a young SF or some cap room..........hence the trade for a crap player.

Sounds... well, weird. Those are Dunleavy-esque numbers. :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:26 am
bigstrads wrote:Maybe it wasnt Luke Jackson then but it was some s**t player who was rated 59 and the salary bit was ticked was it was possible in terms of salary for whatever reason (I think because Toronto are so much under the cap in the game), it wasnt declined due salary issues they just didnt want trade the players.

The only reason I want rid of S-Jax is because he is playing soooooooo awful, he is starting at SF and averaging:

it all depends on how you use your players. apparently you're not exploiting jax's full skills. but if you can find a player to trade him for and use that players skills then go for it. but if you wanna keep jax then run more plays thru him or have him come off screens to set up 3s for him.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:37 am
it all depends on how you use your players. apparently you're not exploiting jax's full skills. but if you can find a player to trade him for and use that players skills then go for it. but if you wanna keep jax then run more plays thru him or have him come off screens to set up 3s for him.

It is weird..........most of those numbers come through the simulation of the first 3 Qtrs then I usuually play the 4th, early in the season I was playing with him, running plays for him, getting out on the break with him and spotting up for threes..................but he just was missing a ridiculous amount of shots, turning the ball over, getting stripped, out rebounded...........everything!! so I gave him a chance but now its all about the rookies and Baron!! and Al is on a 20 and 10 clip................one can only dream huh!?

Return to Off-Topic Forum