Any other Trading Card kinda people out there?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:06 am
Hello all,

I just wanted to quage/see what kind of level of trading card collectors are out there these days..............in my younger days I was a avid collecor (difficult from the UK I can tell you!!) and on holidays I would beg my parents for as much money as possible to buy as many as possible.

Anways, to my point:

1 - I want to start getting back into it (as sad as that may be for a 27 year old man.............but hey, screw it!) and since I stopped collecting around the strike in 98-99 or whenever, I really want to know how popular it is nowadays? I noticed/presumed a big dip in the market when the strike happend and wanted to know what you guys think about it now.

2 - What is hot these days, ie: I want to start buying boxes again and want to know whats the best stuff to buy? to get the most collectable and sought after cards.................in my day it was Topps Finest, Flair and near the end Topps Chrome.

So overall, I just want to know if Im among friends here with wanting to collect again at my age and whats the inside scoop from you guys living in America / or those outside the US but know what there talking about.

Look forward to hearing what you all think.

Thanks

By the way................14 days to go!!!!! good for me because that is that day I become purposefully unemployed!!!!!! meaning I can stay up and watch live streams!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:02 am
I did a bit about 14 years ago but it is not an interest of mine

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:48 am
That makes me feel better Mig!!!.................thanks. lol
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:02 am
bigstrads wrote:That makes me feel better Mig!!!.................thanks. lol

:mrgreen:

You gotta understand, bigstrads. Migya is one of those... days. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:18 am
bigstrads wrote:That makes me feel better Mig!!!.................thanks. lol

Didn't mean any offense. If you like collecting cards, by all means do it. I even remember the Harvey Grant card which happened to be a photo shot during an actual game with him next to his twin brother Horace. That card was worth ALOT of money and I had it, think my little brother still might have it locked up somewhere

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:08 am
Ahh, no worries...............I was trying to guage the interest in trading cards................guess I have! lol

Anyways, Im just a little bored with life at the mo.............in 12 days I wont be.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:24 am
bigstrads wrote:Ahh, no worries...............I was trying to guage the interest in trading cards................guess I have! lol

Anyways, Im just a little bored with life at the mo.............in 12 days I wont be.

How will you get money while unemployed?

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:27 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ahh, no worries...............I was trying to guage the interest in trading cards................guess I have! lol

:dontknow: Unemployment subsidy?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:48 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

:dontknow: Unemployment subsidy?

That's usually very little

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:53 am
migya wrote:That's usually very little

It depends on your previous job, but yeah, it's not much. Around €500 around here. Maybe a bit more...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:07 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:That's usually very little

It depends on your previous job, but yeah, it's not much. Around €500 around here. Maybe a bit more...

Over here everyone gets the same, regardless of what job you had and how much you made. In Euros, about 250 per fortnight

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:28 am
Money.....................yeah well, that is a slight problem given that I have a mortgage to pay..............Ive hated my job my job for the last 6 months and have only been trapped by the fact that I have this financial commitment.

However, my good ole Mum is going to help me out for a month or two, so I can get my head back together, not hate the world so much and finally find something to do that I actually enjoy.

I wont claim benefit (as we call it) or anything like that, not really my style, been purposefully unemployed before and just lived and managed without having to sponge of the governement.................besides, I wouldnt be able to moan about all the scum bags that claim so much benefit for no reason over here.

The only thing that worries me is that after I take a month or two to re-couperate, Ill have to just go back and do another job I hate due to lack of options where I live..................we will see.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:34 am
What about moving?. You say one of the problems is lack of options where you live. Why try somewhere else? (although I know it'd be difficult with the mortgage and so), but maybe a close, bigger area?

In any case, all the best for you, bigstrads. Hope you get a new job you like soon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:52 am
Hey, You paid your fukin taxes so the cunnts can give some back!

Try getting a job you like, it makes a world of difference

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:13 pm
Ahh guys...............if both only both of those were that simple.

Moving, well................there isnt really anywhere else in England I want to live..............the only place in the world I feel at home is in San Fran..............and its nigh on impossible to get to America without something to offer, and I dont really have that.

Dream job..................sh*t..............Id have to know what I want to do to have that!!

Ill be cool, had a rought time, gonna chill and get my head back together...............funnily enough, I actually quit today! agreeing my bosses that I would not have to work my full notice period, so Im free now and already feeling better.

Hey, this isnt where I expected this thread to go!! lol
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum