nba live 08 or nba 2k8

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:05 pm
i played both demo and i say nba live came in with some new stuff and nba 2k8 is kinda the same, it hard to say nba live to look kinda better
what u guy think should i buy nba live or nba 2k8
This is the year
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:34 pm
NBA 2k8!!! Don't stick with Live anymore. It's time to change if you haven't. 2k8 has more realistic game play.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:55 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:NBA 2k8!!! Don't stick with Live anymore. It's time to change if you haven't. 2k8 has more realistic game play.

thats why imma get 2k8. ive been playing the 2k series since 2k2 with AI on the cover. i stopped playing live cuz it was too arcade for me. i only played live 05 for the dunk contest.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:07 am
I was impressed with 2k last year after making the switch from Live, But Live #1 focus was improving it's realistic game play (AI) & from the demo it's obvious :!: On IGN.com players were complaining about Duncan shooting 3-5 on 3's & Bowen bringing the ball up the court on the 2K8 demo :dontknow: The jury is out for me...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:44 am
I'm buying 2K.

The only thing wrong with last year's game were the ridiculous looking player models on PS3 (shouts out to the black - sometimes, hollow - eye sockets). This year's version fixed that sh*t. Until 2K drives me away (like Live did), I'm not gonna make a switch just for the sake of making a switch. If it ain't broke...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:23 am
I guess I'm just stuck in my ways, but Live just feels right to me. In the long run I'd probably like 2k better but, I can just pick up Live and feel at home any day. Just wanted to add to the clusterfuck
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:19 pm
I am going to get Live. I have always used EA, and I cant change now. :mrgreen:
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:30 pm
It's kinda hard to decide which one you should get. I've always been thinking the same thing, too. 2K has better gameplay, while Live has awesome graphics. I don't know which to get. I'm thinking about getting 2K because I'm kind of more used to it, but many people are also saying Live is going to be really good this year. This is kinda confusing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:02 pm
Most likely, I will see what everyone else says. If a large majority says 2K, then I will try that, and see how it works out. If it is an even split, I think I'll stick with Live, mainly because that is what I'm used to.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:27 am
gswrules wrote:It's kinda hard to decide which one you should get.

Not if you have a PC. Live all the way, baby!!! (Yeah, like I had a say about which one should I pick) :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:46 am
TMC wrote:
gswrules wrote:It's kinda hard to decide which one you should get.

Not if you have a PC. Live all the way, baby!!! (Yeah, like I had a say about which one should I pick) :banghead:

Same with me. They should bring out 2k for PC

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:18 am
How come you guys dont get a game console?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:27 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:How come you guys dont get a game console?

First, it's a luxury. Got several things higher in my to-buy list than luxuries.

Second, I kinda like the PC, even for gaming. PC games can be modified easily, while you can't do that with consoles.

Third, I don't play that much. My attention spam for a game doesn't go over one week (or it rarely does). Add to that that during the week I don't have much time to play, and you've got another reason for not getting a console.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:32 am
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:How come you guys dont get a game console?

First, it's a luxury. Got several things higher in my to-buy list than luxuries.

Second, I kinda like the PC, even for gaming. PC games can be modified easily, while you can't do that with consoles.

Third, I don't play that much. My attention spam for a game doesn't go over one week (or it rarely does). Add to that that during the week I don't have much time to play, and you've got another reason for not getting a console.

You say that you like the PC for gaming, but your complaing about the lack of games that you can get? Isnt that the opposite...? :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:41 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:You say that you like the PC for gaming, but your complaing about the lack of games that you can get? Isnt that the opposite...? :mrgreen:

Not exactly. I'm complaining about the lack of bball games I can get. It's reduced to, well, Live.

Other than that, most titles are both in PC and consoles.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum